Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

Riding edinburgh in the cup final beat glasgow tonite 

Oooh interesting! Look forward to it if they manage to squeeze it in! 

If you beat Leicester I suspect you will be meeting the Monarchs in the play offs too

5 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

If you beat Leicester I suspect you will be meeting the Monarchs in the play offs too

That a pretty big 'if' !! Fingers crossed though! 

Edit - Also when Edinburgh do better at Poole than Leicester, I can do a told you so to SS. Hehe. ;)

Edited by lisa-colette

On 10/10/2021 at 9:10 PM, cityrebel said:

I was there. I've also been to November meetings at Belle Vue, Canterbury, Hackney, Mildenhall and Wimbledon, just from memory.

All a long time ago though.

The most recent November meeting is over 290 years ago:

1 Nov 2000 King's Lynn Craven Shield

6 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Long time then :D.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Were you there Arnie?:)

18 minutes ago, CitizenTyler said:

So the KO cup is the 27th at Poole, as above Bjarne touted for the 3rd November does that make the final Nov 10th?!! 

I would have thought playoff final will be before KOC. So if Thurs and Fri in Scotland goes ahead, maybe it will be Sun/Mon. If they want 2nd leg, prob have to be Sat or Sun (halloween) as assuming Edinburgh or Glasgow would want Friday. Unless they agree to ride on an off night? 

It also said away KOC is 22nd or 23rd.

Edited by lisa-colette

Whatever happens Poole are adamant for the second leg, as is their right.

• Like 3

CUP DATES PENCILLED IN 

17/10/21 

The 2021 Knockout cup final first leg is scheduled to take place at Edinburgh on Saturday 23rd October with the return leg being staged at Wimborne Road the following Wednesday (27th).

In announcing the dates Poole boss Dan Ford said, "the plan is for us to go there on the Saturday with a 2.30pm start, but we will be monitoring the weather forecast closely and if that worsens then we have agreed the contingency to bring the meeting forward to the Friday evening and be part of a double-header fixture, with the Monarchs hosting Glasgow in the rescheduled play-off semi-final."

"Obviously that wouldn't be ideal and we understand that this uncertainty could affect some travel plans but we need to get the meeting on, especially as we also have the play-off final dates to slot in. Of course we would hope to have a good following behind us but for Poole fans unable to travel we understand that the Edinburgh will be streaming the meeting."

"We will be putting tickets on sale for the second leg shortly and we hope to attract a large crowd as we seek to secure the knockout cup and the first part of the double."

• Like 1

So maybe 29th-31st October for the play=off final??!!

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So maybe 29th-31st October for the play=off final??!!

Cant be any when else  really i thought we may have gone  for the saturday and still have  sunday for a rain of day