British Speedway Forum

20 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Are you going to buy a "Speedway star " ;)

Oh yes.. i definitely will be doing that ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

I hope you dont talk to your patients like that..:nono:  :blink:

My honest advice is refrain from posting, you’re embarrassing yourself. 

• Like 5

On 1/20/2020 at 8:40 PM, szkocjasid said:

I don't know why people make such a fuss about who the team manager is, now you can only do one tac sub per meeting there's not much tactically they can do! Obviously they can try to motivate the riders in their own way, but you'd expect getting paid per point should have them motivated enough anyway!

True that the TM has limited input that influences results. However in addition to tac sub they can (to some extent) select rider pairings for programmed rides plus for last heat. Also choice of guest riders which is important in terms of which riders ride best on the track in question. And yes there is the overall style of management adopted, not just during the meeting but for communication in between fixtures. Such actions all add up and was something SD did so very well at Leicester last season. 
For the Pirates there must be a question mark on the job share will indeed affect the overall team performance given the lack of consistency in style of management from meeting to meeting. 

• Like 1

Neil Middleditch will be a hard act to follow....(away meetings)

He's not only a very clever manager, he's gracious in defeat and conducts himself professionally whenever I've heard him being interviewed.

Staying calm in critical situations must have a very positive bearing on the teams performance?

I like 'Havvy' but he lacks composure at times and his passion gets the better of him imo......

On 1/20/2020 at 7:14 PM, The Doctor... said:

Excuse me you rude prick???  

If the quoted text below from the website doesn't intimate home and away being separate then i think your illness has affected your visual skills a little more than i previously thought.

Poole Pirates will be operating a home and away management  scheme when they take their place in the SGB Championship for the 2020 season, with two club legends, Neil Middleditch and Gary Havelock, spreading the race day team managerial duties between them.

Middleditch, who has masterminded eight top flight league titles and steered the Pirates into all the Elite league play-offs 15 times (from the 18 seasons in which the play-offs have been in operation), and will be honoured,  at the start of the campaign.  with a special meeting in his name, in recognition of his services to Poole, will be at the helm for the Pirates' home meetings whilst former club captain and 1992 world champion Gary Havelock will be handed the rulebook when the Pirates are on their travels.

Classy post, another keyboard warrior.

40 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Neil Middleditch will be a hard act to follow....(away meetings)

He's not only a very clever manager, he's gracious in defeat and conducts himself professionally whenever I've heard him being interviewed.

Staying calm in critical situations must have a very positive bearing on the teams performance?

I like 'Havvy' but he lacks composure at times and his passion gets the better of him imo......

Well thats where i differ. I have every faith in Havvy, and dont forget we have riders who are very well versed with the northern tracks, as is Havvy.
He has been a top line team manager  very passionate, and im very sure he will be brought up to speed with any changes, and im also sure that him and Neil will speak prior to a meeting.
Danny king is also  very much with it, so im sure he will work in tandom. Hes a decent down to earth bloke and is very much looking forward to riding for us. No loss of sleep in this direction..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

use of reserves could be quite critical for poole this year particularly away matches

As they are always !

19 hours ago, Hodgy said:

My honest advice is refrain from posting, you’re embarrassing yourself. 

Problem is mate, he can dish it, but when somebody has a poke at him he doesnt like it..  Works both ways.

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Problem is mate, he can dish it, but when somebody has a poke at him he doesnt like it..  Works both ways.

Then rise above it. Recommend you stop giving good reason for people to react.  

21 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

I'm so looking forward to a trip to Poole this coming season that's for sure.

Will you be visiting the Speedway Star stand?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

use of reserves could be quite critical for poole this year particularly away matches

Good point.

If you look at a lot of the N/L youngster reserves, many who are slowly learning and finding their way I think this could be fairly critical. If you look at the SGB 2020 team announcement site and then view all the reserves it really stands out how important our 2 reserves may be in comparison.

Let's say we have either Josh Macdonald or another 2 promising young riders who have been recommended from say Aussie (Just saying as an example). These guys could score fairly well  if you look at say Bickley/Flint or Thomas/Morris - Kemp/Edwards - Gilkes/Ledwith - The Thompson twins - Lawlor/Jenkins - Palin/Lambert - Rowe Stoneman etc.

Josh Mac for example signed on a 4 but finished riding at number 2 for Sheffield. If we sign another 1/2 of that or maybe better calibre young Aussies then if they a\dapt quickly to our tracks they could well score decent points against these young riders (and with Ledwith not so young) , many who may be very good one day but for a lot it is a steep learning curve with a lot of them partly in to get to the 2020 team points limit.

Will be interesting to see who our last 2 are but the above will be a factor for sure.

58 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Then rise above it. Recommend you stop giving good reason for people to react.  

Thats why i hardly post on here anymore mate, its not worth the aggro..

22 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Good point.

If you look at a lot of the N/L youngster reserves, many who are slowly learning and finding their way I think this could be fairly critical. If you look at the SGB 2020 team announcement site and then view all the reserves it really stands out how important our 2 reserves may be in comparison.

Let's say we have either Josh Macdonald or another 2 promising young riders who have been recommended from say Aussie (Just saying as an example). These guys could score fairly well  if you look at say Bickley/Flint or Thomas/Morris - Kemp/Edwards - Gilkes/Ledwith - The Thompson twins - Lawlor/Jenkins - Palin/Lambert - Rowe Stoneman etc.

Josh Mac for example signed on a 4 but finished riding at number 2 for Sheffield. If we sign another 1/2 of that or maybe better calibre young Aussies then if they a\dapt quickly to our tracks they could well score decent points against these young riders (and with Ledwith not so young) , many who may be very good one day but for a lot it is a steep learning curve with a lot of them partly in to get to the 2020 team points limit.

Will be interesting to see who our last 2 are but the above will be a factor for sure.

Some of the reserves you name there already have a bit of Championship experience. It is a very, very hard league with some tough racing: bit like the old Div 2 used to be. I sometimes think the racing is tougher than the Premiership...you won't be disappointed on quality.