British Speedway Forum

28 minutes ago, ray c said:

Those days have long we are now just another team :cheers:

Looking foward to the old rivalry with Poole though on April 4th, seen some great matches between the two over the years, always noisy, see no reason that won't continue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Are you getting mixed up, Sid?

If Rowe will struggle in the 1-5 at Somerset, what chance has he got at Swindon?

That's what I was thinking?

On 1/22/2020 at 2:47 PM, Diamondboy said:

Classy post, another keyboard warrior.

Not at all.  As i said, i'll catch up with him at Poole.   

6 hours ago, DC2 said:

Are you getting mixed up, Sid?

If Rowe will struggle in the 1-5 at Somerset, what chance has he got at Swindon?

No not mixed up you often are though,you have no real time for youngsters you would rather a Wells/ Proctor type you just want to play the numbers game.The two leagues are two different disciplines something you dont quite understand  Rowe is an asset and he could be a longterm fixture in our team planning.His job is to be on the pace learn and hopefully pick a few points up at home away will be difficult but my point is rubbing shoulders with Doyley and co has to help and that should show in his Championship scores.Last year Anders had no right to do as well in the top five as he did he overachieved for me the Robins side having a good top end enables Anders to get his chance a chance you would never have given him.

Just thinking aloud. Will Jon Cook be helping the Pirates now he is no longer involved at Eastbourne? He and Matt Ford were great mates back in the day

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

That's what I was thinking?

The difference is Rowe will not be under any pressure at Swindon he is a longterm project and the club will support him.Also he is a lad who is ambitious being  in the top five in the Championship is hard and it is bloody annoying Cook gets a free card at reserve that rule has to change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

No not mixed up you often are though,you have no real time for youngsters you would rather a Wells/ Proctor type you just want to play the numbers game.The two leagues are two different disciplines something you dont quite understand  Rowe is an asset and he could be a longterm fixture in our team planning.His job is to be on the pace learn and hopefully pick a few points up at home away will be difficult but my point is rubbing shoulders with Doyley and co has to help and that should show in his Championship scores.Last year Anders had no right to do as well in the top five as he did he overachieved for me the Robins side having a good top end enables Anders to get his chance a chance you would never have given him.

Hi, Sid. It’s a discussion. No need to attack someone who doesn’t fully agree with you. 

Earlier you appeared to agree that some young riders will suffer if promoted too early.

Rubbing shoulders with Swindon’s riders didn’t help Jack Smith much, did it!

Just now, DC2 said:

Hi, Sid. It’s a discussion. No need to attack someone who doesn’t fully agree with you. 

Earlier you appeared to agree that some young riders will suffer if promoted too early.

Rubbing shoulders with Swindon’s riders didn’t help Jack Smith much, did it!

Jack Smith is not good anough end of , he has had endless chances and what did he average in the NL last year.? Not attacking you at all but you are so negative it is though you want Swindon to fail .

10 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Jack Smith is not good anough end of , he has had endless chances and what did he average in the NL last year.? Not attacking you at all but you are so negative it is though you want Swindon to fail .

Is Jack Smith not good enough or did he have his confidence destroyed by his Swindon experience due to being promoted too early?

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Is Jack Smith not good enough or did he have his confidence destroyed by his Swindon experience due to being promoted too early?

No because if your memory allows you he did ride  for  the Belle Vue  Aces  before coming to us.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

The difference is Rowe will not be under any pressure at Swindon he is a longterm project and the club will support him.Also he is a lad who is ambitious being  in the top five in the Championship is hard and it is bloody annoying Cook gets a free card at reserve that rule has to change.

That's because Cook has a lower ave than Rowe, only way to avoid that is using a "fast track" scheme something British clubs rarely do!

2 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Not at all.  As i said, i'll catch up with him at Poole.   

So you are implying something physical then? Hope it backfires on you.

22 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

That's because Cook has a lower ave than Rowe, only way to avoid that is using a "fast track" scheme something British clubs rarely do!

Cook coming over here  should be in the top five List was last year at Scunny and how did that end for him.Our British riders should be protected just like the Poles do with there younger lads give them a chance to develope.Cook and Macdonald get chances at reserve for there respective clubs for me that is not right.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Cook coming over here  should be in the top five List was last year at Scunny and how did that end for him.Our British riders should be protected just like the Poles do with there younger lads give them a chance to develope.Cook and Macdonald get chances at reserve for there respective clubs for me that is not right.

MacDonald was in the top 5 at Sheffield but due to Broc Nichol riding well ended at reserve, you cant keep a rider in the top five if the ones at reserve are scoring more 

8 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

MacDonald was in the top 5 at Sheffield but due to Broc Nichol riding well ended at reserve, you cant keep a rider in the top five if the ones at reserve are scoring more 

Exactly my point he gets a second season and for me that should be in a top five.In the last couple of seasons we have seen Bowtell,Wood,Rowe,Kemp all forced into a top five  no protection where the foreigner gets more of the crack of the whip.