British Speedway Forum

As was almost inevitable, little planning for re opening the speedway has taken place. NHS covid testing in the grandstand ( been there for a while ?) some half baked ideas about groups of 6 only due to crowd limits (no surprise crowd limits ?) In fact no planning at all for the possible scenarios has taken place. Trust to luck seems the order of the day. 

Guess they will be OK if they miss the p. Offs and get KOd from the KO cup in round one. 

Dan Ford clearly hasn’t ever looked at his crowd and spotted the number of solo supporters that attend, and meet up socially at the stadium . Poor promoting. Matt wouldn’t be impressed .... guess he has his own problems with his Chateau now in deepest France .

Sad to see what was once the UK’s  best  run club in such a mess. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, arnieg said:

I think Poole have badly misjudged the demographics of their fanbase and this has the potential to generate a fair amount of ill will.

Not exactly something new is it, they have been doing this for years

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

As was almost inevitable, little planning for re opening the speedway has taken place. NHS covid testing in the grandstand ( been there for a while ?) some half baked ideas about groups of 6 only due to crowd limits (no surprise crowd limits ?) In fact no planning at all for the possible scenarios has taken place. Trust to luck seems the order of the day. 

Guess they will be OK if they miss the p. Offs and get KOd from the KO cup in round one. 

Dan Ford clearly hasn’t ever looked at his crowd and spotted the number of solo supporters that attend, and meet up socially at the stadium . Poor promoting. Matt wouldn’t be impressed .... guess he has his own problems with his Chateau now in deepest France .

Sad to see what was once the UK’s  best  run club in such a mess. 

Before you start accusing dan you really ought to get your homework right first 0/10 for that statement 

• Like 3

Back in April, having perused the BSPA fixtures for May, three of us booked hotel rooms (for 2 nights) so as to take in Poole vs Plymouth on the 26th.. 

We got that wrong, still coming down though.. :(

36 minutes ago, StevePark said:

My brother kindly bought my ticket for the upcoming Edinburgh/Armadale Double Header and bought 1 single ticket.  So no.

The Newcastle thread said it was a '6 block'.. (?)..

With THJ going into great detail as to why it was thus..

Maybe the council have agreed another plan?

If so, sounds much more fan friendly.. 

(Either that or you are going to have 5 new friends sat with you)..:D

27 minutes ago, ray c said:

Before you start accusing dan you really ought to get your homework right first 0/10 for that statement 

So  co promoter Dan does look at his crowd and knows that they all atend in groups of 6?  ?  Beggars belief that you can defend the co promoter of the speedway on this ?

20 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

So  co promoter Dan does look at his crowd and knows that they all atend in groups of 6?  ?  Beggars belief that you can defend the co promoter of the speedway on this ?

get your  facts right i am not defending anyone . you obvious know more about poole speedway than i do 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The Newcastle thread said it was a '6 block'.. (?)..

With THJ going into great detail as to why it was thus..

Maybe the council have agreed another plan?

If so, sounds much more fan friendly.. 

(Either that or you are going to have 5 new friends sat with you)..:D

Booked on the terrace, so outside and standing.  As long as everyone keeps 2 metres away  that's fine by me.

37 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Its Matt that has been doing the negotiating!!  Believe it or not there are communication links between France and UK!!!

A number of other clubs are operating a similar 'block' approach - I guess it depends on exactly what reduced capacity each club is operating to and who sets that capacity?  Its just as well Matt retains good relationships with BCP Council as I hear that its mainly down to their pressure that the stadium will open at all!!

Anyway all season ticket holders have been emailed today (or if no email then a tele call in next 24 hours).

• Like 1

What about away fans? What if a couple from Berwick have booked time off to come down and paid for hotel rooms already? 

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What about away fans? What if a couple from Berwick have booked time off to come down and paid for hotel rooms already? 

Football aren't allowing away fans!  If any have booked to come down then I hope they've booked a 'flexible' reservation.

Speedway isn’t football. I am going to Plymouth and Eastbourne next week. Had no issues booking single tickets.

I have made the call re: tickets at Poole. And we have just booked two tickets for Birmingham away.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

An educated guess would tell you it wasn't his decision, prob a compromise.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Its Matt that has been doing the negotiating!!  Believe it or not there are communication links between France and UK!!!

A number of other clubs are operating a similar 'block' approach - I guess it depends on exactly what reduced capacity each club is operating to and who sets that capacity?  Its just as well Matt retains good relationships with BCP Council as I hear that its mainly down to their pressure that the stadium will open at all!!

Anyway all season ticket holders have been emailed today (or if no email then a tele call in next 24 hours).

Yep, as soon as I read they were involved in the talks I thought they hit a dead end with GI.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Oh come on, you take risks with this sort of thing when travelling to away meetings with rain offs etc.

• Like 2