British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

On what basis does Smetana qualify for a work permit? (He was only 9th in the Czech Championship last year)

Maybe he doesn't.........?

All the permissions were fine but then the Czechs changed their quarantine regulations (along with UK and other countries) the day after his signature. With committed fixtures in Czecho it has become difficult - not to say impossible - to get the Czech authorities to agree a 'special case'!!

Other options are being investigated but there ain't that much rider availability in the 5.00 average range..........!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

All the permissions were fine but then the Czechs changed their quarantine regulations (along with UK and other countries) the day after his signature. With committed fixtures in Czecho it has become difficult - not to say impossible - to get the Czech authorities to agree a 'special case'!!

Other options are being investigated but there ain't that much rider availability in the 5.00 average range..........!

Must admit I have concerns over this Poole team and the club in general.

Can't help thinking

1) Poole won't make the top 4 and will miss out on play offs

2) This could be the last season we see Poole Speedway at the stadium.

The dice don't seem rolled in their favour. 

We lost Ellis before season start only to have it rubbed in as he came back to UK in Champ. His replacement has been more on his backside then scoring near max points in what little he has rode. Ellis has impressed scoring high double figures near enough wherever he has ridden. Keleher proved the flop I feared but sods law he will do well with Plymouth. Our replacement may not even ride here so the Ford's left scratching their head as what little else available at 5.

Team has an annoying habit of snatching defeat/draw  from victory away and seems to have been that way a few times last few seasons. Let's not forget Plymouth are joint bottom and expect them to be in that area most of the season.  Not as if they are are top 4/5 team and once again Poole blew it. Ok a draw but really ????. Those are matches where you would expect the good teams to get 4 points.

I don't think  current lease holders don't Poole Speedway there and don't want to invest in even staffing the stadium or restaurants etc. Would not surprise me if it all closes after season ends, especially if Poole don't get close to winning anything. Public interest will drop hence attendances plus I think there will be an unwillingness from an already unwilling lease holder to extend it. Think they prefer to have empty and rake in the car parking money and hope the owners and local authority try to buy them out of the lease for the obvious housing development that will come eventually.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typo
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Can't help thinking

We lost Ellis before season start only to have it rubbed in as he came back to UK in Champ. His replacement has been more on his backside then scoring near max points in what little he has rode. Ellis has impressed scoring high double figures near enough wherever he has ridden. Keleher proved the flop I feared but sods law he will do well with Plymouth. Our replacement may not even ride here so the Ford's left scratching their head as what little else available at 5.

Team has an annoying habit of snatching defeat/draw  from victory away and seems to have been that way a few times last few seasons. Let's not forget Plymouth are joint bottom and expect them to be in that area most of the season.  Not as if they are are top 4/5 team and once again Poole blew it. Ok a draw but really ????. Those are matches where you would expect the good teams to get 4 points.

I don't think  current lease holders don't Poole Speedway there and don't want to invest in even staffing the stadium or restaurants etc. Would not surprise me if it all closes after season ends, especially if Poole don't get close to winning anything. Public interest will drop hence attendances plus I think there will be an unwillingness from an already unwilling lease holder to extend it. Think they prefer to have empty and rake in the car parking money and hope the owners and local authority try to buy them out of the lease for the obvious housing development that will come eventually.

Are you always this optimistic?

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Are you always this optimistic?

he is only saying what other posters have been saying for the last few months :t:

Edited by ray c

6 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Can't help thinking

Talk about doom and gloom, write Poole off at your peril 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Can't help thinking

So not true.

Full attendance for next Tuesday's meeting and beyond; catering outlets re-open (although not yet sure about restaurant?). Champs Bar will NOT be open due to the severe flooding which badly affected the offices and pretty much destroyed the floor in the Champs function room; new merchandise available.

The club aim is certainly to get into the top 6 for the play-offs and will have a strong consistent run of home meetings in the run-up to the season cut-off, unlike some of the clubs currently sitting pretty having completed many more of their home fixtures.

And perhaps more importantly as regards filling the vacant Number 2 spot - the iron in the fire is getting increasingly hotter..............!!!

As for the stadium future, if part of the car/lorry park is to be partially developed - this is unlikely to happen for at least another 2 years if not longer.

Keep the faith. COYP

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So not true.

Full attendance for next Tuesday's meeting and beyond; catering outlets re-open (although not yet sure about restaurant?). Champs Bar will NOT be open due to the severe flooding which badly affected the offices and pretty much destroyed the floor in the Champs function room; new merchandise available.

The club aim is certainly to get into the top 6 for the play-offs and will have a strong consistent run of home meetings in the run-up to the season cut-off, unlike some of the clubs currently sitting pretty having completed many more of their home fixtures.

And perhaps more importantly as regards filling the vacant Number 2 spot - the iron in the fire is getting increasingly hotter..............!!!

As for the stadium future, if part of the car/lorry park is to be partially developed - this is unlikely to happen for at least another 2 years if not longer.

Keep the faith. COYP

If Poole don't get a decent turnout in perfect weather for the return of Crump and Pedersen, what hope is there?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

If Poole don't get a decent turnout in perfect weather for the return of Crump and Pedersen, what hope is there?

Already being promoted as such.

• Like 1

looking at the under 21 final last night at redcar i find it quite sad not one rider in that meeting was a pirate . never promote home grown talent can anyone remember the last home grown rider that came good i cant then my memory not that good anymore ?

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

looking at the under 21 final last night at redcar i find it quite sad not one rider in that meeting was a pirate . never promote home grown talent can anyone remember the last home grown rider that came good i cant then my memory not that good anymore ?

Kyle Newman?

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, ray c said:

Justin Elkins ef 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/16/2021 at 12:43 PM, Skidder1 said:

Will be interesting to see which way Poole go now, like you say limited availability on 5.00 point average out there. 

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2021 at 4:37 PM, crescent girl said:

Maybe he doesn't.........?

How was able to sign for Diamonds then.?

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

How was able to sign for Diamonds then.?

When he signed for Newcastle the UK was still in the EU. You may have noticed that since then we've left.