British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

I wish this was on the Newcastle thread. Arguably the greatest rider to have ridden for the diamonds in the last 30 years (alongside his name sake). 

i get the feeling you don’t speak for the Poole faithful, but welcome to the championship.

i find it laughable that you ridicule bjarne, yet Klindt now feels your club is below him 

They are definitely not a Poole fan! Wolves I think. I think the other fans are already missing Poole as they keep gravitating towards our thread on CL section! 

Edit - tbh I get the feeling Klindt is a bit annoyed as they didn't give him a heads up as he questioned it when there were rumours but was told not moving down (I gather this was before the season finished).

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They are definitely not a Poole fan! Wolves I think. I think the other fans are already missing Poole as they keep gravitating towards our thread on CL section! 

Edit - tbh I get the feeling Klindt is a bit annoyed as they didn't give him a heads up as he questioned it when there were rumours but was told not moving down (I gather this was before the season finished).

I think both he and Matt were surprised at the number of fans that voted to go Championship!!

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Because Nicolai was on a 2 year deal this was why the question was asked. Rumours were going around that we may step down and Nic wanted clarity, at the time he was told we would be staying up. I think there were still discussions to be had between Danny & Matt. Let’s not forget the final decision is Matt’s as the owner. 

Sadly Nic is a big loss and his new Premiership team are very lucky to have him.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2019 at 5:30 AM, PolarBjerre said:

Do some research... :blink:

Averaged pretty much two points less than the likes of Jason Crump, Nicki Pedersen & Leigh Adams for much of mid naughties.  Highest average attained got him to 6th on the list of riders in the UK that year.  Was an absolute disaster at #1 for Birmingham & Eastbourne.

• Like 1

he was a pretty steady no1 at Eastbourne tbh, sums him up steady, unspectacular but loyal

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ruckerroo said:

he was a pretty steady no1 at Eastbourne tbh, sums him up steady, unspectacular but loyal

yep you got it in one .original post about Bjarne if we signed him next season he would put bums on seats ?

2 hours ago, ray c said:

yep you got it in one .original post about Bjarne if we signed him next season he would put bums on seats ?

Certainly a lot more than half of last years team!!

Does anybody know if there are further track works planned in the off season? Accepted the work done belatedly this year helped but I still think the track needs some more work doing to bring it back to the standard we have had in the past and hopefully produce some good racing

12 minutes ago, simon.c said:

Does anybody know if there are further track works planned in the off season? Accepted the work done belatedly this year helped but I still think the track needs some more work doing to bring it back to the standard we have had in the past and hopefully produce some good racing

Probably not as I think we're looking to surprise all the Championship sides!! (Joking.)

Seriously it'll be one of the questions to Danny Ford at next Wednesday's fans quiz night.

• Like 1

Shock news in from the AGM:

In a major announcement Matt Ford has agreed a deal for the sale of Poole Speedway.

Grinning from ear to ear, a half-baked Matt said, “After a year with no one coming forward I was beginning to think that there are no fools out there, but I am pleased to announce that Jeremy Corbyn has taken over the club with immediate effect in return for a year’s free broadband subscription, and he will build upon my success of the last few months”.

The team will be called Team GB and it will retain the seven foreign riders that rode for Poole last year in an effort to encourage more home grown talent from abroad.

Matt also thanked Jeremy for his advice on the recent Poole “PL v CL referendum”, agreeing that the 10% CL vote should be honoured.

And finally he thanked John McDonnell, the new director of finance, and his ground-breaking plan to offer free admission and run the club for as long as possible.

”We hope to get to heat ten of the first meeting”, beamed John. “That would be a result!”

• Haha 1

Poole accepted to champ

Edited by Phil The Ace

12 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Poole accepted to champ

Now we can start the name the team (to the new 41 point limit) and stop having to jump Forum between the Poole SGB Prem & Champ.

Hopefully various teams will now start the trickle out of team news now the new limit is known.

One thing I am not 100% on is do UK riders get a 2.5% or 5% reduction for the new season on their current GSA Or is it only a reduction (and at what %) if the rode in N/L in last few seasons. Hopefully someone will clarify as it helps in guessing who may/may not be coming in.

So we meet teams in our section twice home and away, and once home and away in the other section, very strange