British Speedway Forum

24 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

So who does people think is our first signing 

Jan Graversen   :)

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Jan Graversen   :)

Don't think were going with a no 8

6 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Steve Worrall......Doesn’t exactly fill me with excitement.

Why not? In the CL it is a pretty decent signing if happening. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Why not? In the CL it is a pretty decent signing if happening. 

If Stevie can get back to his pre leg break form he will be one of top riders in the league, we at Newcastle seen glimpses of it last year but he was very inconsistent. Although in saying that I could easily see him putting a point on his average.

1 minute ago, bloom89 said:

If Stevie can get back to his pre leg break form he will be one of top riders in the league, we at Newcastle seen glimpses of it last year but he was very inconsistent. Although in saying that I could easily see him putting a point on his average.

I saw a few of his scores for Newcastle last season, mainly near the end. If I thought for one min we would be in this league i would have taken more notice! Will have to go back on the updates site and do some research on some of the team I think! Ha :D:P

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I saw a few of his scores for Newcastle last season, mainly near the end. If I thought for one min we would be in this league i would have taken more notice! Will have to go back on the updates site and do some research on some of the team I think! Ha :D:P

Haha yes lots of homework to do for this league lol, I think if you signed Danny King as is rumoured it will take some of the pressure off Stevie.

• Like 1

I think years of ignoring British talent and failing to nurture juniors will come back to haunt Poole. There are no bargain averages in this league and every knows leagues are won with riders on their way up, honing their skills week by week. 
The inexperience of the management in this league and their lack of knowledge of CL riders will hurt Poole.  I like Danny King and Steve Worrall but they’re not going to increase their averages by much, if any. And why would any young Brit want to go to Poole knowing their dislike of British youth - was Poole the only PL track who declined to hold a round of the British Youth Championship?

I think, for Poole’s sake, there needs to be an acceptance that Matt Ford’s days are numbered. The most successful promoter of the last decade plus is out of his depth in this league. Whether Danny can replace him, and re-create his dad’s success may we’ll be dependent on him being strong enough to insist it’s his show, and to tell Matt to stay in France.

Otherwise, if the Poole faithful want success, and they’re certainly used to it, maybe they should try to help find new owners, owners who understand the lower leagues and can command respect in them.

16 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I think years of ignoring British talent and failing to nurture juniors will come back to haunt Poole. There are no bargain averages in this league and every knows leagues are won with riders on their way up, honing their skills week by week. 
The inexperience of the management in this league and their lack of knowledge of CL riders will hurt Poole.  I like Danny King and Steve Worrall but they’re not going to increase their averages by much, if any. And why would any young Brit want to go to Poole knowing their dislike of British youth - was Poole the only PL track who declined to hold a round of the British Youth Championship?

I think, for Poole’s sake, there needs to be an acceptance that Matt Ford’s days are numbered. The most successful promoter of the last decade plus is out of his depth in this league. Whether Danny can replace him, and re-create his dad’s success may we’ll be dependent on him being strong enough to insist it’s his show, and to tell Matt to stay in France.

Otherwise, if the Poole faithful want success, and they’re certainly used to it, maybe they should try to help find new owners, owners who understand the lower leagues and can command respect in them.

We must also remember poole dont give riders many chances if they under perform like you say there are not many choices available out there jmo

Anyone know where Adam Ellis is going in the Championship?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Anyone know where Adam Ellis is going in the Championship?

Adam Ellis needs to get out of the Championship altogether if he wants to progress. 

He’s been “up and coming” for far too long and needs to get team places abroad if he’s going to get anywhere. He’ll be 24 next year and has ridden in the middle or top leagues in Britain for about 7 seasons. When he’s on song, he’s a superb rider but needs (imo) to start challenging himself more if he’s going to progress. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Adam Ellis needs to get out of the Championship altogether if he wants to progress. 

He’s been “up and coming” for far too long and needs to get team places abroad if he’s going to get anywhere. He’ll be 24 next year and has ridden in the middle or top leagues in Britain for about 7 seasons. When he’s on song, he’s a superb rider but needs (imo) to start challenging himself more if he’s going to progress. 

I believe he has a place in the Danish league?!

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I believe he has a place in the Danish league?!

Has a place with Rzeszow after Gorzow loaned him out. 

So he is riding League 2 speedway in Poland. Which very similar to Championship speedway.