British Speedway Forum

The Green Sheets are formally adopted at the AGM, it’s possible that they may have changed since the ‘final’ issue currently on the BSPA site if an error was identified and amended at the AGM.

There does appear to be a mismatch in the figures for Adam Ellis, but the official Green Sheet will take priority.

’Gambo’ on this forum produces the spreadsheet that calculates the GSAs, drop him a PM perhaps?

EDIT: I see in fact that ‘Gambo’ has posted earlier this evening regarding this

EDIT2: Birmingham’s official site is showing 7.96....

Edited by NeilWatson

So 7.8 with the 2.5% discount?!

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So 7.6 with the 2.5% discount?!

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The Green Sheets are formally adopted at the AGM, it’s possible that they may have changed since the ‘final’ issue currently on the BSPA site if an error was identified and amended at the AGM.

There does appear to be a mismatch in the figures for Adam Ellis, but the official Green Sheet will take priority.

’Gambo’ on this forum produces the spreadsheet that calculates the GSAs, drop him a PM perhaps?

EDIT: I see in fact that ‘Gambo’ has posted earlier this evening regarding this

EDIT2: Birmingham’s official site is showing 7.96....

Macdonald has the same issue on his average. 

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Loram

Havvy

Richardson

Nicholls.

Martin Willis started that season at no.7 too :t:

The other two riders were Magnus Zetterstrom and Matty Ferjan:t: 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 5:47 PM, poolebolton said:

does the championship shield count or not? 

No, and neither do the play off's count to the average.

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

No, and neither do the play off's count to the average.

The 2019 SCB regulations (Clause 16.2.1) state that in the Championship, League  Table and Shield Table meetings count towards the CMA but NOT play-offs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The 2019 SCB regulations (Clause 16.2.1) state that in the Championship, League  Table and Shield Table meetings count towards the CMA but NOT play-offs.

So  Skidder you said on the Newcastle Forum that we only have to sign one rider with the others secured to be announced. 

Only the one ?? (or is it 2 still unresolved) and is your understanding if that is a reserve or main team spot still open. Many seem to know 5 of the riders, its the last 2 which is causing plenty of head scratching plus after those 5 do we have 8.97 left or just over 9 depending on which SGB stats are correct. Without naming names we have 3 of our riders (1 announced so far) where the Stats page show them below what the final GSA sheet states and I cannot get answers as to why, if the guy who does the SGB rolling stats shows a lower GSA than the final sheet then how come when its his stats used for the final GSA's in the first place ??

Reason this being important is if you sign a 5 rider you have 4 points left (if balance is 9) which is important as you can sign still a promising overseas young rider where if it is only 8.97 you fall agonisingly short forcing you into a N/L rider or very low Champ rider and most of the decent ones are gone. 

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

So  Skidder you said on the Newcastle Forum that we only have to sign one rider with the others secured to be announced. 

Only the one ?? (or is it 2 still unresolved) and is your understanding if that is a reserve or main team spot still open. Many seem to know 5 of the riders, its the last 2 which is causing plenty of head scratching plus after those 5 do we have 8.97 left or just over 9 depending on which SGB stats are correct. Without naming names we have 3 of our riders (1 announced so far) where the Stats page show them below what the final GSA sheet states and I cannot get answers as to why, if the guy who does the SGB rolling stats shows a lower GSA than the final sheet then how come when its his stats used for the final GSA's in the first place ??

Reason this being important is if you sign a 5 rider you have 4 points left (if balance is 9) which is important as you can sign still a promising overseas young rider where if it is only 8.97 you fall agonisingly short forcing you into a N/L rider or very low Champ rider and most of the decent ones are gone. 

The riders announced so far all qualify for the 2.5% reduction on their final official averages as they rode or were qualified to ride in the NL. The same will apply to our number 5 when announced. I know who one of the 4 point reserves is supposed to be. And there is much very strong rumour from the Australian meetings that a foreign (non-aussie) rider would be at 4 leaving the final reserve which may well depend on Aussie championships performances.

The team plans have changed a little as they always do.

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The riders announced so far all qualify for the 2.5% reduction on their final official averages as they rode or were qualified to ride in the NL. The same will apply to our number 5 when announced. I know who one of the 4 point reserves is supposed to be. And there is much very strong rumour from the Australian meetings that a foreign (non-aussie) rider would be at 4 leaving the final reserve which may well depend on Aussie championships performances.

The team plans have changed a little as they always do.

Sorry Skidder you are so correct. I had a blonde moment but I had factored all 3 on the 2.5% reduction. Also took into a/c for our number 5 who also British (let's be honest near enough everyone knows now who he is). I also know who the 4 point (or 3.96) reserve is (no reduction due to nationality)depending on which stats are correct ;).

There was a rumour that we were close to signing an exciting young World U21 talent and then another rumour that we may even have a better one lined up instead due to circumstances. However if the rider you now refer to is the same one that THJ has openly broken cover on via the Newcastle Forum today then that will be a poor replacement for the one I was hoping we would sign. Where Matt would get such an idea from God only knows as said rider didnt ride UK or POL in 2019 - wasn't that great in 2018 and last season in his home Country his scores were dire to say the least and seemingly was dropped from several meetings of what is a restricted league in regards to the volume of league meetings anyway. He also only rates still as a "D" class rider (below the A/B/C classes) which almost into his mid twenties I would see that as a very weak link in our team if we are that desperate. Also said rider has been pretty poor in the odd Aussie meeting he has done too date and I will be shocked if any improvement in his remaining tour meetings.

But despite all those stats open to anyone willing to dig thru the various speedway sites would he really be seen as a progressive rider better than some of the World U21 maybe available (or maybe none of them are at what Poole are offering)?? Maybe I have missed something as a certain rider from same Country last year defied us all by upping both his Champ and Prem scores by lots which surprised some as of a similar kind of age. A rider I might add that a good few of us thought we had secured for 2018 only to be given the news that another of his inferior same Nationality mates had joined us. One that didnt see season end with us.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Sorry Skidder you are so correct. I had a blonde moment but I had factored all 3 on the 2.5% reduction. Also took into a/c for our number 5 who also British (let's be honest near enough everyone knows now who he is). I also know who the 4 point (or 3.96) reserve is (no reduction due to nationality)depending on which stats are correct ;).

There was a rumour that we were close to signing an exciting young World U21 talent and then another rumour that we may even have a better one lined up instead due to circumstances. However if the rider you now refer to is the same one that THJ has openly broken cover on via the Newcastle Forum today then that will be a poor replacement for the one I was hoping we would sign. Where Matt would get such an idea from God only knows as said rider didnt ride UK or POL in 2019 - wasn't that great in 2018 and last season in his home Country his scores were dire to say the least and seemingly was dropped from several meetings of what is a restricted league in regards to the volume of league meetings anyway. He also only rates still as a "D" class rider (below the A/B/C classes) which almost into his mid twenties I would see that as a very weak link in our team if we are that desperate. Also said rider has been pretty poor in the odd Aussie meeting he has done too date and I will be shocked if any improvement in his remaining tour meetings.

But despite all those stats open to anyone willing to dig thru the various speedway sites would he really be seen as a progressive rider better than some of the World U21 maybe available (or maybe none of them are at what Poole are offering)?? Maybe I have missed something as a certain rider from same Country last year defied us all by upping both his Champ and Prem scores by lots which surprised some as of a similar kind of age. A rider I might add that a good few of us thought we had secured for 2018 only to be given the news that another of his inferior same Nationality mates had joined us. One that didnt see season end with us.

Can't disagree with any of your comments SteveHols54.  The THJ suggestion was reported from Australia as being 'general knowledge' and I can only think that MF may be after a reduction on his average due to his injuries and the fact he didn't ride here in 2019. Even the slightes reduction would mean alittle more scope for the final reserve.

It may of course have something to do with fixture clashes or simply come down to money with MF building to a strict budget for 2020 and the latest option being cheaper?!  Still I quite like the thought of two Aussie reserves - depending on how the Aussie championships pan out?!

Edited by Skidder1

Grondal.

I know I called you lot Swindon Reserves but I didn’t mean it that way.  :)

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Grondal.

I know I called you lot Swindon Reserves but I didn’t mean it that way.  :)

Hahaha you heard to. 

And what's even funnier is that they chose him over patrick Hansen who wanted to ride for them. But they said grondal is the better prospect. Hahahahaha

• Haha 1

Grondal 5.04 from 2018, compared to any new Dane on 5 or Jeppesen on 5.2.

Mad   :)