British Speedway Forum

Speedway's future IMO

6 hours ago, moxey63 said:

I wouldn't be so sure.

I can see the insanity in fans who still happily follow a sport that is made up as it goes along.

Speedway is run by scrap metal merchants and used car salesmen.

No surprise it is, where it is.  

f*ck off then.

You spend time posting about a sport telling people who like the sport how rubbish you think it is - read that and digest what a total w anchor  that makes you sound like. 

Absolute saddo. 

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

13 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

f*ck off then.

You spend time posting about a sport telling people who like the sport how rubbish you think it is - read that and digest what a total w anchor  that makes you sound like. 

Absolute saddo. 

:)

1 hour ago, moxey63 said:

So, apart from the personal insults, what future does speedway have?

Does it matter? Certainly doesn't matter to you, does it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moxey63 said:

I wouldn't be so sure.

I can see the insanity in fans who still happily follow a sport that is made up as it goes along.

Speedway is run by scrap metal merchants and used car salesmen.

No surprise it is, where it is.  

Anything constructive to say?  If not, go forth and multiply 

• Like 1

Besides, why is it okay for you to insult others, but you don't like it when others respond in a similar vein?  Before you act all innocent, I know of two specific examples off the top of my head.

1) You think I am basically a criminal because I watch the GP's via the LEGAL stream provided by the organisers just for people like me who don't live in the UK.

2) You had the audacity to call speedway fans who still enjoy watching the sport "insane".

Really? You are the only "sane" one on here because you don't like speedway, and refuse to support it? You really think spending your time on a forum for a sport you don't like, trying to persuade others not to like it, and questioning their judgement when they refuse to agree with you, is the definition of "sanity"?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, chunky said:

Besides, why is it okay for you to insult others, but you don't like it when others respond in a similar vein?  Before you act all innocent, I know of two specific examples off the top of my head.

1) You think I am basically a criminal because I watch the GP's via the LEGAL stream provided by the organisers just for people like me who don't live in the UK.

2) You had the audacity to call speedway fans who still enjoy watching the sport "insane".

Really? You are the only "sane" one on here because you don't like speedway, and refuse to support it? You really think spending your time on a forum for a sport you don't like, trying to persuade others not to like it, and questioning their judgement when they refuse to agree with you, is the definition of "sanity"?

I forgot I had a dig about you watching free speedway via the internet. Must have caught a nerve.

You chose to move to another country and left Britain and its speedway back here.

You're a fine one to talk about loyalty.  

Of course, you think speedway is ok, you watch it for free on the internet. Least I used to contribute to a programme for my freebie.

Edited by moxey63
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

Anything constructive to say?  If not, go forth and multiply 

That was constructive. You should know how speedway promoters treat clubs, look at your defunct Coventry.

That was constructive. You should know how speedway promoters treat clubs, look at your defunct Coventry.

Care to explain that remark?

4 hours ago, moxey63 said:

You chose to move to another country and left Britain and its speedway back here.

You're a fine one to talk about loyalty.  

Of course, you think speedway is ok, you watch it for free on the internet. Least I used to contribute to a programme for my freebie.

You still have a problem with people using a free and legal service that is specifically designed for them? You really do have issues, don't you?

I am a "fine one to talk about loyalty", because I found a woman to love, and wanted to spend my life with? You have a problem with people marrying outside of their nationality? So, you're a racist and xenophobe too! 

The f*cking money I have spent on speedway over the years, attending meetings, buying merchandise, providing sponsorships, contributing to programmes, magazines, and websites (all for free), organising and participating in fundraisers for riders, and you have the balls to keep whining like a 6-year-old?

Finally, on my visits back to the UK, whenever they have been during the speedway season, I have always tried to take in as many meetings as I can - and have been happy to pay for them!  You can't (or won't) even cross the road to do that...

Edited by chunky

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Care to explain that remark?

Probably thinks the closure of Coventry was all Mick Horton's fault. He usually gets the blame for everything and it was nothing at all to do with the Ochiltrees who sold the stadium to a known property developer. 

• Like 1

British Speedway in it’s current capacity isn’t sustainable.

I’m conscious, having read the comments in this topic, of a backlash by those who struggle to accept reality, so I should probably justify before even explaining why.

British Speedway is operated by dinosaurs. Dinosaurs who’s capabilities don’t include creativity or entrepreneurship. The annual implementation of extreme new rules (ie. one GP rider per-team, fully-functional promotion and relegation structure, scratch that, promotion and relegation is on a first-come-first-served basis, regardless of where the club finishes, etc.) emphasises that. There is zero consistency.

Furthermore, delegation is non-existent because those in-charge are, for want of a a better term, control freaks. British Speedway needs business experts; turn-around experts. They do not need a background in speedway. Skills are transferable. Virgin Media’s ex-Customer Service Director is now CEO of once-struggling, now-successful Power company.

Good leaders hire wise men to tell them how to do things. Keith Chapman keeps his cards close to his chest, his clown shoes on his feet and is attempting to run British Speedway - on his own - into the ground.

I hope and pray that new TV deal works; I really do, but let’s face reality. We have a new TV deal because the last one - with a market leader who excellently promoted British Speedway, including having an advert aired at half-time of the 2019 Champions League final - expired. If Sky and BT were Champions League, Eurosport is Europa League; a network notorious for its lack of punctuality and which doesn’t even boast its own production team.

Speaking of production, British Speedway’s presence on social media is nothing short of a disgrace. In the month of October, British Speedway’s official Twitter feed hasn’t uploaded a single race in highlights. In the last week of Speedway - including the Championship Play-Off Final, the Championship KO Cup Final, Team GB versus Denmark, the National League KO Cup final and the Colin Hill Memorial at Plymouth - only a single minute of racing was uploaded by Glasgow’s social media team. How on Earth is that going to generate interest? How is that being allowed?

The irony? Unlike Sky, BT Sport actually encouraged clubs to promote the sport via social media channels. There are no restrictions in place.

Edited by LunnasPerm
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, moxey63 said:

Go and see ....

8 hours ago, Gemini said:

Probably thinks the closure of Coventry was all Mick Horton's fault. He usually gets the blame for everything and it was nothing at all to do with the Ochiltrees who sold the stadium to a known property developer. 

Were the Ochiltrees (Martin and Linda) actually the owners, or still just managers as Charles was?

8 hours ago, chunky said:

You still have a problem with people using a free and legal service that is specifically designed for them? You really do have issues, don't you?

I am a "fine one to talk about loyalty", because I found a woman to love, and wanted to spend my life with? You have a problem with people marrying outside of their nationality? So, you're a racist and xenophobe too! 

The f*cking money I have spent on speedway over the years, attending meetings, buying merchandise, providing sponsorships, contributing to programmes, magazines, and websites (all for free), organising and participating in fundraisers for riders, and you have the balls to keep whining like a 6-year-old?

Finally, on my visits back to the UK, whenever they have been during the speedway season, I have always tried to take in as many meetings as I can - and have been happy to pay for them!  You can't (or won't) even cross the road to do that...

Yardiedah.

Still deserted speedway before I did, no matter your reason. It was a choice. As for my being a "racist and xenophobe," don't know how you've arrived at that. But, whatever...

We have something in common - we don't support British speedway anymore. Let's shake hands and be friends.

Edited by moxey63