British Speedway Forum

Speedway's future IMO

45 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

However the main reason that Brandon was made unavaliable for racing was the ineptitude of one of promoters ( or was it intractability? ) So that part of it is , yes, quite simple. 

9 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Do you have any facts to support your assertions? 

Well if that isn't the case ,then will you tell us all why Mick Horton didn't complete the deal to take over the stadium lease after he stated on more than one occasion that he had an agreement to do so?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Do you have any facts to support your assertions? 

You appear to be in or have been in a position of knowledge. Yet, you’re the one requesting clarification and facts. You’ve offered nothing more.

The severe lack of transparency amongst those who are/were involved in the operations of British Speedway continues.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:42 PM, Vince said:

Might not be so daft when you realise that time and again it has been proven that what really matters to fans is a winning team. Unfortunately it's also been proved more than once that paying for a winning team can be the end of a club. It's easy to say you have to supply what the customer wants but even among the small number of customers on here we can't agree what that is!

Here what your saying.

However, I would think though there are enough fundamental improvements that most fans would sign up for,  and by their implementation would make a clear, positive impact to crowds..

Running on the best days/nights for your customers to attend rather than planning your opening hours around your employees availability must see an improvement in crowd levels surely?

Also running regularly during the warmer, dryer summer months, when the kids are off school, must deliver better crowds than running in dark, cold, damp October? 

And running finals staggered through the season must also help with crowd levels and rider availability too, rather than cramming them all in post September on random, cold nights, using guests (which devalue the competition), to beat the season dead line?

And finally, running the sport with credibilty and integrity must improve crowds simply as those who don't any longer attend due to amount the contrived meetings put out far too often, would go back to attending again..

As you say, many are the varied ideas in how to improve things on here, some almost wish lists, but these four suggestions are pretty much standard, basic business practice rather than any re invention of the business wheel..

In summary...

Open your doors when your customers want you to, at the optimum times for them to use your services so maximising your sales...

And then ensure that what they are buying is something they can trust and believe in and want to repeatedly purchase..

Pretty basic stuff..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Here what your saying.

However, I would think though there are enough fundamental improvements that most fans would sign up for,  and by their implementation would make a clear, positive impact to crowds..

Running on the best days/nights for your customers to attend rather than planning your opening hours around your employees availability must see an improvement in crowd levels surely?

Also running regularly during the warmer, dryer summer months, when the kids are off school, must deliver better crowds than running in dark, cold, damp October? 

And running finals staggered through the season must also help with crowd levels and rider availability too, rather than cramming them all in post September on random, cold nights, using guests (which devalue the competition), to beat the season dead line?

And finally, running the sport with credibilty and integrity must improve crowds simply as those who don't any longer attend due to amount the contrived meetings put out far to often, would go back to attending again..

As you say, many are the varied ideas in how to improve things on here, some almost wish lists, but these four suggestions are pretty much standard, basic buisness practice rather than any re invention of the business wheel..

In summary...

Open your doors when your customers want you to, at the optimum times for them to use your services so maximising your sales...

And then ensure that what they are buying is something they can trust and believe in and want to repeatedly purchase..

Pretty basic stuff..

You can open your shop on the best days for trade and sell the finest stock but if your till staff and the staff that fill the shelves chose to go and work at their much better paid second/third job on these days your shop will not be open long will it.Yes you can sack the lot of them and get fresh staff in but its not that easy for a speedway club a lot of the riders and not just the top riders have already chosen to just ride for their second /third club and left the lower paid British league behind.If clubs insist on riding on days that clash the ones that are left(with the option) will chose to ride where they get paid the most money(and the league could lose them as well) just like your staff would if they had the option.

It must be very hard for an employer when there are limited staff and your the worst payer in town.Who would be a British speedway promoter hay.

Edited by B.V 72

On 10/17/2019 at 9:14 AM, gustix said:

I don't think speedway will disappear from the British sporting scene. However I think it could eventually cease to be a team sport and evolve more along the open-individual style lines so popular in California, USA. 

would that be where ONLY friends and family only follow the sport and there is no proper fans attending .

sorry if its already been asked ...

3 hours ago, LunnasPerm said:

You appear to be in or have been in a position of knowledge. Yet, you’re the one requesting clarification and facts. You’ve offered nothing more.

The severe lack of transparency amongst those who are/were involved in the operations of British Speedway continues.

I was in a position of knowledge, I doubt you were; which is why I was asking if you did actually have any facts to support your allegation of ineptitude or intractability.

• Like 1

If you're looking to add things to the night to entice families to attend etc the cost spread amongst your whole crowd could be very minimal.  Working on a crowd of say 1000.

Band or DJ to play throughout interval and in bar after meeting - £250

Free Bouncy Castle for Kids - £100

Beat the Starter - Fastest Time of the Night wins £50 mounted on a home team riders 2nd bike which kids and fans get the chance to sit on.

A4 Colouring in Stencil of Rider to give out free to kids - Say 300 at 10p each -  £30

Free Draw to watch a race from centre green based on ticket number - FREE

Photo & Autograph Session with 1 x Home Team Rider per meeting before meeting - FREE

Sweets for home team to throw out to crowd on parade - £50

Then just add anything that money can't buy in relation to fans mingling with their heroes.

Just the above would offer better value for money, everyone loves something that appears to be free.

Cost of the above £480 divided by 1000 fans = 48 pence.  It's not exactly rocket science is it ?!?!?!?

Edited by ChrisSimpson
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, ChrisSimpson said:

If you're looking to add things to the night to entice families to attend etc the cost spread amongst your whole crowd could be very minimal.  Working on a crowd of say 1000.

Free Bouncy Castle for Kids - £100

Beat the Starter - Fastest Time of the Night wins £50 mounted on a home team riders 2nd bike which kids and fans get the chance to sit on.

A4 Colouring in Stencil of Rider to give out free to kids - Say 300 at 10p each -  £30

Free Draw to watch a race from centre green based on ticket number - FREE

Photo & Autograph Session with 1 x Home Team Rider per meeting before meeting - FREE

Sweets for home team to throw out to crowd on parade - £50

Then just add anything that money can't buy in relation to fans mingling with their heroes.

Just the above would offer better value for money, everyone loves something that appears to be free.

Cost of the above £480 divided by 1000 fans = 48 pence.  It's not exactly rocket science is it ?!?!?!?

Or save the £480 to pay for the 'extras' by giving the 14 riders on show £20 less? Which is a fiver a race based on four rides...

No disrespect to any rider but your ideas would have more likely hood of enticing fans to return than their 'name' ever will such is the lack of awareness of the wider public to who currently rides Speedway..

You can do so much to engender customer loyalty which actually costs very little..

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

I was in a position of knowledge, I doubt you were; which is why I was asking if you did actually have any facts to support your allegation of ineptitude or intractability.

My allegation? This is the first thing I’ve said to you. :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LunnasPerm said:

My allegation? This is the first thing I’ve said to you. :lol:

My apologies - it was 'waytogo28' who made the original post.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

My apologies - it was 'waytogo28' who made the original post.

No apology needed Neil.

3 hours ago, ChrisSimpson said:

Those were the days at Coventry. :)

Regarding Mick Horton not taking up the lease, although Coventry had pretty good crowds I very much doubt if it would be viable to rent the stadium for  any length of time just for Speedway, without  propping up from Stock Cars like Sandhu had. How things are now Mick probably got out at the right time.

22 hours ago, mikebv said:

In summary...

Pretty basic stuff..

Indeed it is, so WHY do those who make up the BSPA invariably decide to move away from that operating model ( or ignore it completely )?

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Indeed it is, so WHY do those who make up the BSPA invariably decide to move away from that operating model ( or ignore it completely )?

The simple answer? Because they are inept.

Just caught up on this topic, what a pathetic joke of a man Moxey is.

Doesnt go to speedway anymore yet comes on here all day rambling about the sport even though he has no interest. extremely weird, borderline insane.