British Speedway Forum

Speedway's future IMO

18 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

The ad breaks where companies pay $5.1 to $5.3 MILLION for a 30 second advert you mean?

Picking the event to try and score points from Moxey... again.

Gee... you really like your popcorn!

Do you wear those big spongy gloves?

Do you think if speedway was pushed as much as American Wrestling and its sister sport, American Football, that it too could sell out Wembley?

Edited by moxey63

19 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

Gee... you really like your popcorn!

Do you wear those big spongy gloves?

Do you think if speedway was pushed as much as American Wrestling and its sister sport, American Football, that it too could sell out Wembley?

I'll leave you to continue talking your nonsense again now.

Occasionally you make good points... but then you let yourself down with garbage like this.

You claimed no other credible sport would have playoffs.. you've been shown to be wrong.

You claimed speedway was now at the level of 'American Wrestling'...  if only it was.

As for promotion, the sport could learn from both.

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I'll leave you to continue talking your nonsense again now.

Occasionally you make good points... but then you let yourself down with garbage like this.

You claimed no other credible sport would have playoffs.. you've been shown to be wrong.

You claimed speedway was now at the level of 'American Wrestling'...  if only it was.

As for promotion, the sport could learn from both.

OK, BWitcher, see you later!

In my mind, I always make good points; in yours, you're always right.

Edited by moxey63

19 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

OK, BWitcher, see you later!

In my mind, I always make good points; in yours, you're always right.

And there lies the difference. 

I generally only speak up when I KNOW I am right. If I am shown to be wrong, I learn from it.

You just talk drivel, get proven wrong and are too pig stubborn to admit it.

22 hours ago, moxey63 said:

I'll type slowly, so you understand. Other sports have Play-Offs but teams aren't encouraged by rules which allow them to... er... cheat.

You were wrong.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:40 PM, moxey63 said:

A serious sport would not need the pretence of keeping a season alive.

Again you were shown to be wrong as there are many 'serious' sports which have play-offs.

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

You were wrong.

What other sports encourage rules which allow competitors to cheat?

We all know of speedway riders dropping points purposely. But what other sports do?

18 hours ago, moxey63 said:

Imagine it, if there would have been Play-Offs in Premiership football when Man City won the title by 20 points, and they'd lost in the Final by a dodgy penalty. Can understand why some sports don't even go there. VAR's bad enough.

And you were given a perfect example from a very big sport.

Then of course your gibberish comparing the success of speedway to 'American Wrestling' as if it's some sort of accurate comparison.

1 minute ago, moxey63 said:

What other sports encourage rules which allow competitors to cheat?

We all know of speedway riders dropping points purposely. But what other sports do?

You've already been told earlier in the thread.

NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL.. all of them have rewarded the weakest teams in the standings and as such it was and is beneficial to finish lower.

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

And you were given a perfect example from a very big sport.

Then of course your gibberish comparing the success of speedway to 'American Wrestling' as if it's some sort of accurate comparison.

I am not comparing the support American Wrestling attracts, I am comparing its rules and the belief of its competitors have on the audience. It might attract huge crowds, but they are mostly strange people who like watching beefy men pretending to be really fighting. Both sports - speedway and wrestling - are pretend sports. I am not talking about crowds they attract. 

Edited by moxey63

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You've already been told earlier in the thread.

NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL.. all of them have rewarded the weakest teams in the standings and as such it was and is beneficial to finish lower.

You also follow other strange sports.

Stop the press.

Just now, moxey63 said:

I am not comparing the support American Wrestling attracts, I am comparing its rules and the belief of its competitors have on the audience. It might attract huge crowds, but they are mostly strange people who like watching beefy men pretending to be really fighting. Both sports are pretend sports. I am not talking about crowds they attract. 

You are a sick individual.

Go tell the families of riders injured and those who have lost their lives that speedway is a 'Pretend Sport'.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You are a sick individual.

Go tell the families of riders injured and those who have lost their lives that speedway is a 'Pretend Sport'.

Why are you bringing that into it?

Just now, moxey63 said:

Why are you bringing that into it?

I didn't, you did.

Go tell them speedway is a 'pretend sport'. Go tell a rider speedway is a 'pretend sport'.

You are an odious man, who has been sulking for 20+ years because he can't get free entrance into the sport anymore.

• Haha 1