British Speedway Forum

Speedway's future IMO

33 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Just caught up on this topic, what a pathetic joke of a man Moxey is.

Doesnt go to speedway anymore yet comes on here all day rambling about the sport even though he has no interest. extremely weird, borderline insane. 

But to be fair, even if Moxey went to speedway, it wouldn't change the sports fortunes here in Britain. The sport is on life support here. We can all say the glass is half full rather than half empty, but you still don't have a pint! :drink::cheers: 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Just caught up on this topic, what a pathetic joke of a man Moxey is.

Doesnt go to speedway anymore yet comes on here all day rambling about the sport even though he has no interest. extremely weird, borderline insane. 

What does it matter if I don't go to speedway anymore, but still have an opinion?

Perhaps the answer is my opinion clashes with yours.

Just stick with people who agree with you, and the spot will continue to flourish.

• Like 1

Just now, moxey63 said:

What does it matter if I don't go to speedway anymore, but still have an opinion?

Perhaps the answer is my opinion clashes with yours.

Just stick with people who agree with you, and the spot will continue to flourish.

I find it extremely odd that you spend so much time on an online forum for speedways fans yet you don’t follow or watch speedway anymore but just spend your time slagging the sport off. 

Then again as I was saying the other day, the sport is full of odd characters as far as the fan base goes. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ray Stadia said:

We can all say the glass is half full rather than half empty, but you still don't have a pint! :drink::cheers: 

What if it's a 2-pint glass?

To be fair, this Moxey troll does come across as rather odd to say the least.

i don't like "Love Island" and "Made in Essex" and whatever other halfwit TV rubbish exists, but I don't go on the internet reading all about them and then constantly spamming TV forums saying they're rubbish.  To do that, as this Moxey character does, would indeed be displaying "borderline insane" behaviour as Pinny says.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I find it extremely odd that you spend so much time on an online forum for speedwaysfans yet you don’t follow or watch speedway anymore but just spend your time slagging the sport off. 

Then again as I was saying the other day, the sport is full of odd characters as far as the fan base goes. 

I can't be classed an "odd character" then, I am not the fanbase.

14 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

i don't like "Love Island" and "Made in Essex" and whatever other halfwit TV rubbish exists, but I don't go on the internet reading all about them and then constantly spamming TV forums saying they're rubbish.  To do that, as this Moxey character does, would indeed be displaying "borderline insane" behaviour as Pinny says.

But have you spent 40 years watching love island and seen it deteriorate? Until you have, don't say today's show are worse than decades ago. 

1 minute ago, moxey63 said:

I can't be classed an "odd character" then, I am not the fanbase.

You can be classed as a very odd character though, part of the ex fan base .

An attention seeking oddball would be my best summed up line for you. 

Someone who forever posts on a speedway forum with a speedway rider profile pic , yet claims he is done with the sport. Good grief. 

15 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

But it's not the same comparison. Moxey can still have a passion about speedway without going to the meetings. How many football fans say they are Man United fans, but never go and watch them live, but may still have an opinion about the club.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

You can be classed as a very odd character though, part of the ex fan base .

An attention seeking oddball would be my best summed up line for you. 

Someone who forever posts on a speedway forum with a speedway rider profile pic , yet claims he is done with the sport. Good grief. 

OK. I'll let you get back to your drink.

4 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

But it's not the same comparison. Moxey can still have a passion about speedway without going to the meetings. How many football fans say they are Man United fans, but never go and watch them live, but may still have an opinion about the club.  

Moxey doesn't watch the sport at all.

He has repeatedly stated he won't watch it. Although, for some even more odd reason he has it on in the 'background'... but doesn't watch. That's even more weird.

In other words, he still watches it but wants attention and makes out that he doesn’t. Thus, an Odd Character. 

6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Moxey doesn't watch the sport at all.

He has repeatedly stated he won't watch it. Although, for some even more odd reason he has it on in the 'background'... but doesn't watch. That's even more weird.

I have the radio on in the kitchen but I'm not always listening to it.

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

In other words, he still watches it but wants attention and makes out that he doesn’t. Thus, an Odd Character. 

I am odd then. But, according to you, so is speedway's fanbase as a whole.

I spend much of my spare time keeping speedway's history going in the form of various yearbooks and the sport's records. Is that strange too? Because I don't go down to the track to watch something I don't believe in, it doesn't mean my passion for the sport's history isn't awake.

As I have studied the sport's history, I can say it is in its most perilous state in its 90 years being. 

2 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

I have the radio on in the kitchen but I'm not always listening to it.

What are you doing with it then?

Have you ever kissed a girl? 

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

What are you doing with it then?

Have you ever kissed a girl? 

I'm gay actually.

• Haha 1