British Speedway Forum

Speedway's future IMO

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

What are you doing with it then?

Have you ever kissed a girl? 

Next question....

Good lord. 

Regarding your hobbie of speedways history, maybe it would be better if you formed your own Speedway History forum where you and similar people can discuss the history of the sport without having to discuss the modern day state of it. Then we wouldn’t have to put up with your attention seeking, pathetic comments like the speedway happens to be on the tv in the background etc. 

10 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

I am odd then. But, according to you, so is speedway's fanbase as a whole.

I spend much of my spare time keeping speedway's history going in the form of various yearbooks and the sport's records. Is that strange too? Because I don't go down to the track to watch something I don't believe in, it doesn't mean my passion for the sport's history isn't awake.

As I have studied the sport's history, I can say it is in its most perilous state in its 90 years being. 

What are these 'various yearbooks' you refer to? 

Genuinely interested.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Good lord. 

Regarding your hobbie of speedways history, maybe it would be better if you formed your own Speedway History forum where you and similar people can discuss the history of the sport without having to discuss the modern day state of it. Then we wouldn’t have to put up with your attention seeking, pathetic comments like the speedway happens to be on the tv in the background etc. 

I can introduce you to Gustix if you wish Pinny? :unsure:

• Haha 1

Must admit, if I had a customer of 40 odd years who stopped shopping with me due to my operating model I would be quite interested in their opinion and feedback..

Especially if they have "loved" coming to my store for a long, long time..

Whether I could do anything (or would want to) to meet their requirements anymore is another matter, however any business failing to meet the needs of its customers needs to be told why its failing to at least review its operating model and see if it can make changes to meet expectations..

If it can afford to lose custom to deliver an overall better profit (as can be very much delivered), then that is up to them to follow that path accordingly..

No one would waste time coming on here fo discuss the sport if they didn't feel passionate about it, and it would be very boring if everyone thought the same..

Recently the Unofficial Aces FB page lost some contributors who had an alternative view to many on there, and sadly its content has suffered accordingly...

And there is always the ignore option...:)

1 hour ago, Ray Stadia said:

But it's not the same comparison. Moxey can still have a passion about speedway without going to the meetings. How many football fans say they are Man United fans, but never go and watch them live, but may still have an opinion about the club.  

Like you say, that's not the same comparison.

A similar comparison would be the person never going to Manchester United games, saying they don't like football, but religiously calling the 5-Live phone-in every week to say they haven't been to the game, and think Manchester United are rubbish.

That would, to quote Pinny, be borderline insane.

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Must admit, if I had a customer of 40 odd years who stopped shopping with me due to my operating model I would be quite interested in their opinion and feedback..

Especially if they have "loved" coming to my store for a long, long time..

The customer wasn't shopping. He was being given free products. When that free product was taken away he didn't want to know.

Your business would be better off without the freeloader.

As for 'no one would waste time'.

Clearly he does. Lots of it.

He even wastes energy and costs himself money by having speedway on 'in the background' but refuses to watch. He's even stated he wouldn't watch it on TV if he was paid. So tell me, how can he comment on the current product, the standard of racing etc if he DOES NOT WATCH. The answer is he cannot. 

His opinions are 100% absolutely worthless. The ramblings of insanity.

Remember, he is paying NOT TO WATCH at the moment, it doesn't get more insane than that.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

The customer wasn't shopping. He was being given free products. When that free product was taken away he didn't want to know.

He even wastes energy and costs himself money by having speedway on 'in the background' but refuses to watch. He's even stated he wouldn't watch it on TV if he was paid. So tell me, how can he comment on the current product, the standard of racing etc if he DOES NOT WATCH. The answer is he cannot. 

Remember, he is paying NOT TO WATCH at the moment, it doesn't get more insane than that.

And all the thousands of others had free passes taken away, eh, BWitcher.

20 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I haven't the energy to keep defending myself. Even when I do, certain people ignore it and still spout untruths. I see a lot of Donald Trump in you, BWitcher, perhaps Boris Johnson. 

Edited by moxey63

14 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Like you say, that's not the same comparison.

A similar comparison would be the person never going to Manchester United games, saying they don't like football, but religiously calling the 5-Live phone-in every week to say they haven't been to the game, and think Manchester United are rubbish.

That would, to quote Pinny, be borderline insane.

Right, so I can be clear (as the politicians like to say), unless you attend the sport of speedway now or watch the sport of speedway on TV and even though you used to be a regular paying customer of speedway for many years, you have no right to make any comment on the way speedway is run today? No wonder this country is so messed up!  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

Right, so I can be clear (as the politicians like to say), unless you attend the sport of speedway now or watch the sport of speedway on TV and even though you used to be a regular paying customer of speedway for many years, you have no right to make any comment on the way speedway is run today? No wonder this country is so messed up!  

How many more times, he WAS NOT a paying customer.

Moxey often criticises the standard of racing, now if you don't watch, please do tell me how you can comment on that?

You're right, it's no wonder this country is so messed up when people think they are in position to give feedback on a product they don't use in any shape or form.

I'm off to have a moan about East Enders. Not seen it since 1990 but I'm not happy with the way it's been going lately.

Edited by BWitcher

2 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

I can't understand it either. 

But I've read people criticise honest newspaper critiques on current day speedway. The journo probably got in for free too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moxey63 said:

I can't understand it either. 

But I've read people criticise honest newspaper critiques on current day speedway. The journo probably got in for free too.

There's plenty to criticise about modern day speedway, mainly in Britain and I have never been shy about doing that.

You just talk regurgitated nonsense about standard of racing which you can not make any valid comment at all about.

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

How many more times, he WAS NOT a paying customer.

I was a paying customer. I paid using three hours of my own time, own reference material which I bought through the years, my own computer. I got a complimenary ticket.

If you believe speedway people, rakers, pushers, ticket sellers, pitstaff, all pay to get into speedway, then you are dafter than I thought.

The sport would not run without people like us.

Belle Vue made money from the programme I used to contribute to.

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

There's plenty to criticise about modern day speedway, mainly in Britain and I have never been shy about doing that.

You just talk regurgitated nonsense about standard of racing which you can not make any valid comment at all about.

I have never mentioned the standard of racing, you plonker. I mentioned the silliness of rules. That's how much you know of me.

The racing is still probably fine.

Listen to what people write instead of loving your own voice.  

Edited by moxey63