British Speedway Forum

Speedway's future IMO

Just now, moxey63 said:

I was a paying customer. I paid using three hours of my own time, own reference material which I bought through the years, my own computer. I got a complimenary ticket.

If you believe speedway people, rakers, pushers, ticket sellers, pitstaff, all pay to get into speedway, then you are dafter than I thought.

The sport would not run without people like us.

Belle Vue made money from the programme I used to contribute to.

You weren't a paying customer. You were a freeloader.

I know of several people who contribute to speedway programmes and have done for years. None of them get free admission.

I've sponsored riders and clubs to the tunes of several thousands of pounds. Never did I expect free admission.

Stop saying 'US'. You are not one of them. You are an ancient relic from a bygone era. A nothing, a non entity.

6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You weren't a paying customer. You were a freeloader.

I know of several people who contribute to speedway programmes and have done for years. None of them get free admission.

I've sponsored riders and clubs to the tunes of several thousands of pounds. Never did I expect free admission.

Stop saying 'US'. You are not one of them. You are an ancient relic from a bygone era. A nothing, a non entity.

So says a man defending a relic of a sport. Says it all.

Yours, freeloader (1990-2006)

Edited by moxey63

4 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

So says a man defending a relic of a sport. Says it all.

As I haven't defended it, it renders yet another comment of yours null and void.

At least I don't pay for something I don't watch... never have I heard such stupidity!

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

As I haven't defended it, it renders yet another comment of yours null and void.

At least I don't pay for something I don't watch... never have I heard such stupidity!

As usual, rant before brain motion. The Tv is on, as there is someone else in the house who is interested in speedway and other sports. My opinions are null and void though. 

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

What about sponsoring a sport and getting nothing back for it.

Volunteers keep speedway going. Even Peter Oakes said so recently in the Star. The least a club can do is give a complimentary ticket. No doubt they can claim it back in tax. 

Sponsors give money in the hope they get something back for it.

Otherwise, that would be a mug's game.

Unless the giver is a brown noser.

Edited by moxey63

5 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

What about sponsoring a sport and getting nothing back for it.

Who says I got nothing back for it?

We know the score Moxey.

You don't have it on in the background at all. You watch it.. ALL THE TIME.

It all boils down to the fact you had your free pass taken away, something confirmed by former promoters on here and to me in person by others involved in the sport elsewhere.

You're bitter and you've been moaning about it now for 13 years. Not good for your health.

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

We know the score Moxey.

It all boils down to the fact you had your free pass taken away, something confirmed by former promoters on here and to me in person by others involved in the sport elsewhere.

You're bitter and you've been moaning about it now for 13 years. Not good for your health.

Brown nose.

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

We know the score Moxey.

So, you sponsor someone, because you get something back for it. But I am wrong for getting a pass because I spent hours doing speedway work.

Something amiss in your thinking, BWitcher.

Did I read it correctly?

Edited by moxey63

Seriously, BWitcher, I think you've turned into one of those stalker types on poor moxey. You are trolling me, I do believe.

16 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

Brown nose.

Once again, couldn't be further from the truth.

Very telling you don't deny it though.

You're busted Moxey. You spout lie after lie on the forum all over your own personal little vendetta. Move on.

Are we any nearer to a conclusion, whether speedway would be better off as a series of individual meetings or continuing to run as a team sport? Perhaps we need a forum referendum? Pinny can't vote though, as he isn't in Britain, apparently. Or would it only be those that attend speedway meetings that can vote and have to prove they had attended by CCTV evidence? Or they still have their beefburger napkin as evidence? :unsure:    

9 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

Are we any nearer to a conclusion, whether speedway would be better off as a series of individual meetings or continuing to run as a team sport? Perhaps we need a forum referendum? Pinny can't vote though, as he isn't in Britain, apparently. Or would it only be those that attend speedway meetings that can vote and have to prove they had attended by CCTV evidence? Or they still have their beefburger napkin as evidence? :unsure:    

It’s far better as a team sport.

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It’s far better as a team sport.

Ok. A team sport it shall remain! 

• Haha 1