ruckerroo

2020 CL

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

2006 Paul. I remember that season very well :D

Get to my age and the seasons from years ago merge into one lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paulco said:

Get to my age and the seasons from years ago merge into one lol

Only remember as Lynn won the treble and it was Mildy’s first season back in the second division, went to nearly all of their home meetings that year. 

have we forgotten that the automatic right to travel to and work in the UK will soon be gone. In football you have to prove so many international caps i believe for non EU players so the likes of Iverson would be ok but what about others? Has this even been considered? What are the chances of work permits for second string and reserve foreigners while GB riders are unemployed? It would change the face of UK speedway completely.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Only remember as Lynn won the treble and it was Mildy’s first season back in the second division, went to nearly all of their home meetings that year. 

Aye you were a formidable outfit that year 

51 minutes ago, ch958 said:

have we forgotten that the automatic right to travel to and work in the UK will soon be gone. In football you have to prove so many international caps i believe for non EU players so the likes of Iverson would be ok but what about others? Has this even been considered? What are the chances of work permits for second string and reserve foreigners while GB riders are unemployed? It would change the face of UK speedway completely.

We will cope regardless. Britain existed long before the European Union and will do so long after leaving it. I wouldnt doubt there would be a deal with Australia and New Zealand to allow certain trades to come here and work. Time will tell.

• Like 2

well of course it did but the capacity for running 18 teams at a decent level would be compromised. I would suggest this brings a single division even closer

BTW its not up to speedway about Aussies and NZ - its the D of E who will be keen to ensure UK riders are employed. The commonwealth means nowt in this case

Edited by ch958

On 10/19/2019 at 2:45 PM, ch958 said:

well of course it did but the capacity for running 18 teams at a decent level would be compromised. I would suggest this brings a single division even closer

BTW its not up to speedway about Aussies and NZ - its the D of E who will be keen to ensure UK riders are employed. The commonwealth means nowt in this case

The Commonwealth means nothing in all cases. The point im making is im sure HM Government will do a deal with Aus/NZ to allow people of certain trades to come here and work which may include speedway.

I dont see one league coming about as the CL is pretty good without the PL, there is nothing in it for the CL teams and i dont see any of them subscribing to two fixed race nights.

yes but why Aus/NZ - they will have the same employment status as any nationality, including the current EU nations. I see your point and would like it to happen but has anyone actually considered this and the implications?

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Reserves should be riders from the commonwealth only

No, thanks. Just Brits.

4 hours ago, Bear_Bottom said:

"...The Championship might be increasing to 14 teams next year, and that sounds a far more attractive proposition..."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/speedway/50088970

I wouldn’t be taking bets on that one.:( Unless a couple of NL Teams move up (always a possibility)

Edited by Fromafar

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I wouldn’t be taking bets on that one.:( Unless a couple of NL Teams move up (always a possibility)

Aye with stories circulating yesterday about Kent ( been mooted before ) , Sheffield ( to get their Thursday nights back ) and Berwick ( seriously ??? ) moving up into the Chapman League . Then who will make up the 14 teams I wonder 

43 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Aye with stories circulating yesterday about Kent ( been mooted before ) , Sheffield ( to get their Thursday nights back ) and Berwick ( seriously ??? ) moving up into the Chapman League . Then who will make up the 14 teams I wonder 

It looks like self interest is still rife in the sport.