British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Who are your top five riders in 2019.

Who are the five riders from any league  who have made an impression on you in 2019.  ( no particular order )  1./ Doyle Swindon.  great rider leads from the front.           2.Dan Gilkes Kent    3.Jordan Palin Belle Vue.    4.Anders Rowe Somerset. 5.Rasmus Jensen Swindon.

Doyle Jensen Batch Muesli Ellis Perks Vissing..sorry that's 7!

• Like 3

1. Rasmus Jensen (turned Swindon from potential top 4 to league champions)

2. Ellis Perks (he isnt going to be world champion but is 100% trier and every team wants those)

3. Jaimon Lidsey (did very well in his first season and by the end was really flying....heat leader potential)

4. Luke Becker (same as Lidsey a great little rider)

5. Cameron Heeps & Jake Allen (jointly because without either Ipswich wouldnt have made the play offs and both were the big entertainers at home)

No snobbery but ive only used riders from the top league as ive not seen the others ride

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

1. Rasmus Jensen (turned Swindon from potential top 4 to league champions)

2. Ellis Perks (he isnt going to be world champion but is 100% trier and every team wants those)

3. Jaimon Lidsey (did very well in his first season and by the end was really flying....heat leader potential)

4. Luke Becker (same as Lidsey a great little rider)

5. Cameron Heeps & Jake Allen (jointly because without either Ipswich wouldnt have made the play offs and both were the big entertainers at home)

No snobbery but ive only used riders from the top league as ive not seen the others ride

I remember once you did mention that Ipswich were looking or should? look at Rasmus. This year he has been exceptional and he is good from the back a really exciting rider.

Like Gav I can only comment on riders I've seen this year so will go -

1. Doyle. Best rider in the league and good captain this season. When you need someone to secure a win or a point then Doyley is the man.

2. Rasser - From 4.5 to 7.8ish. Says it all. You almost want him to miss the gate for entertainment purposes.

3. Klindt - Stepped up this year and rode better than I ever thought he was capable of.

4. Lidsay - He's in because he had improved massively by his 3rd visit to Blunsdon in the cup final.

5. Becker - Was good at the abbey and looked good on the box. Especially liked his efforts on the wet track in the play off semi first leg.

Honourable mentions for Batch, Tobi, Ellis, Perks and Vissing!!!

For me

1. Luke Becker - has settled into UK racing with ease and has produced some big scores.

2. Rasmus Jensen - turned Swindon from a decent side into a title winning one. Has been knocking about the 2nd tier for a few seasons now and couldn’t see what a difference he would make. Brilliant.

3. Cameron Heeps - was dreadful last season but such a different rider this year. Play offs exempt.

4. Ryan Douglas - back after a season away and stepped up big time for Leicester and made him hot property for the top flight.

5. Jordan Palin - another hot property that smashed the NL on his debut season. 

1. Rasmus Jensen- delivered for both teams. Won Swindon the league IMO and him and Cook are a power house Duo in the champ. Has already signed in Euro leagues for next year(smart move). 

2. Nicolai Klindt- Carried a Poole team to top spot and turned up with Josh G. A great servant for any team. Arguably, the greatest team man in the UK. I think he provides more than his 7.43 average. (think he is really an 8.5 rider due to the team man he is). Think most clubs should be looking at trying to get a Nic and Josh G signing duo in the prem). 

3. Charles Wright- British Champ, decent Cardiff GP, lone bright spot on Pboro and carried Redcar a long way. I hope he pushes on and tries Europe and is somewhat of a late bloomer. 

4. Ellis Perks- being in 3 finals and looking like he will win at least 2 is pretty impressive. Gives 110% and you can't ask for anymore than that. 

5. Adam Ellis- thought he was great in the last 2 months of the season and was great for Bham as well. I think he has potential to be a number 5 in the prem. Needs to be in the champ still for a year or 2 longer. (I think we have seen that Lambert and Bewley(I appreciate the Injury) to some extent pushed too early. 

Worse riders

1. Steve Worrall- career has stagnated, is lucky he is on very good averages in both leagues but needs to get it back together 

2. Hans- injury-ridden year, but quite frankly has been awful all over Europe. 

3.Ricky Wells- average dropped 2.11 points in a single season. Quite frankly was awful at BV and Poole. 

4. Ty Proctor- Very similar to Worrall- needs to sort it out asap though. 

5. Nick Morris- everyone thought he was signing of the season and has done nothing. Rather disappointing.  

Rasmus Jensen, really delivered for both Swindon and Glasgow this year

Danny Ayres, Signing of the season at Scunny, really kicked on this year earning guest bookings in the top flight

Ryan Douglas, Did a very solid job for Wolves coming in mid season

Jaimon Lidsey, Had an exceptional season, went to go watch him at BV once or twice and was untouchable

Charles Wright, Number 1 in both leagues, british champ and peformed well in the GP

1 hour ago, ScunnyDan said:

Rasmus Jensen, really delivered for both Swindon and Glasgow this year

Danny Ayres, Signing of the season at Scunny, really kicked on this year earning guest bookings in the top flight

Razza Jensen was pants at Owlerton.

Ayres rode like an idiot guesting for Birmingham, name another rider who gets warned at the start for rolling then excluded for rolling again in the rerun.

My 2019 riders.

The whole Leszno team (Excepting Kurtz & Hampel) visiting Czestochowa. Humiliated Madsen, Lindgren & Zagar et al on their home shale. Wroclaw were not far behind on doing the same thing.

Becker & Lebedevs at SoN semi, Belle Vue. Mixed it with the stars on show, real spoilers. Both have impressed on TV.

Erik Riss at Perry Barr. In a class of his own.

Charles Wright is a proper late bloomer.

James Shanes, just for his gutsy performance against Eastbourne at Perry Barr. More passes on one night than I saw on the TV during 6 Premiership playoff matches.

Ellis Perks gets a mention, was great for Leicester at Perry Barr. Awful as a Brummies guest previously. His heart if not his speed were enough to subdue any Ipswich silverware hopes.

Edited by Col

I’m presuming the question means over the whole season and not just in the odd meeting......therefore:

Rasmus Jensen 

Charles Wright

Anders Rowe

Nicolai Klindt

Ellis Perks 

9 hours ago, poolebolton said:

1. Rasmus Jensen- delivered for both teams. Won Swindon the league IMO and him and Cook are a power house Duo in the champ. Has already signed in Euro leagues for next year(smart move). 

2. Nicolai Klindt- Carried a Poole team to top spot and turned up with Josh G. A great servant for any team. Arguably, the greatest team man in the UK. I think he provides more than his 7.43 average. (think he is really an 8.5 rider due to the team man he is). Think most clubs should be looking at trying to get a Nic and Josh G signing duo in the prem). 

3. Charles Wright- British Champ, decent Cardiff GP, lone bright spot on Pboro and carried Redcar a long way. I hope he pushes on and tries Europe and is somewhat of a late bloomer. 

4. Ellis Perks- being in 3 finals and looking like he will win at least 2 is pretty impressive. Gives 110% and you can't ask for anymore than that. 

5. Adam Ellis- thought he was great in the last 2 months of the season and was great for Bham as well. I think he has potential to be a number 5 in the prem. Needs to be in the champ still for a year or 2 longer. (I think we have seen that Lambert and Bewley(I appreciate the Injury) to some extent pushed too early. 

Worse riders

1. Steve Worrall- career has stagnated, is lucky he is on very good averages in both leagues but needs to get it back together 

2. Hans- injury-ridden year, but quite frankly has been awful all over Europe. 

3.Ricky Wells- average dropped 2.11 points in a single season. Quite frankly was awful at BV and Poole. 

4. Ty Proctor- Very similar to Worrall- needs to sort it out asap though. 

5. Nick Morris- everyone thought he was signing of the season and has done nothing. Rather disappointing.  

I cant agree about Steve Worrall, ended up over 6 but didnt push to be a heat leader.

Disappointing seasons for the following:

1. Chris Harris.............signed as a number one but we all new he doesnt like Foxhall....didnt bring much to the table away from home either

2. David Bellego..........crazy signing in my opinion....would be good if every match was at Belle Vue

3. Josh Bates...........needs to probably retire in my opinion

4. Ricky Wells..........poor in the championship........poor for Belle Vue........very strange signing by Poole

5. Jack Holder/Brady Kurtz............combined these two together, only needed one of them to step up and maybe Poole could have done better and their performance at Ipswich was basically disgraceful and stuck 2 fingers up at the real Poole fans

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I cant agree about Steve Worrall, ended up over 6 but didnt push to be a heat leader.

Disappointing seasons for the following:

1. Chris Harris.............signed as a number one but we all new he doesnt like Foxhall....didnt bring much to the table away from home either

2. David Bellego..........crazy signing in my opinion....would be good if every match was at Belle Vue

3. Josh Bates...........needs to probably retire in my opinion

4. Ricky Wells..........poor in the championship........poor for Belle Vue........very strange signing by Poole

5. Jack Holder/Brady Kurtz............combined these two together, only needed one of them to step up and maybe Poole could have done better and their performance at Ipswich was basically disgraceful and stuck 2 fingers up at the real Poole fans

I agree about Josh Bates. I’ve heard people saying he is struggling to walk. I think it’s better to call it quits that really damage himself. 

9 hours ago, Gavan said:

Started on 6.16 finished on 5.67 in prem

started on 7.97 finished on 7.57 in champ

having been almost 7 point rider in top flight and almost 10 in champ he’s improved towards the end of the season but has definitely had a poor season by his standards, especially seeing how good a level he’d reached 3 years ago when riding in World Cup for team gb before the bad leg break

Would have French Dave back at Swindon, contributed when Muesli was out injured.