British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Who are your top five riders in 2019.

On 10/19/2019 at 1:27 AM, Col said:

Razza Jensen was pants at Owlerton.

Ayres rode like an idiot guesting for Birmingham, name another rider who gets warned at the start for rolling then excluded for rolling again in the rerun.

My 2019 riders.

The whole Leszno team (Excepting Kurtz & Hampel) visiting Czestochowa. Humiliated Madsen, Lindgren & Zagar et al on their home shale. Wroclaw were not far behind on doing the same thing.

Becker & Lebedevs at SoN semi, Belle Vue. Mixed it with the stars on show, real spoilers. Both have impressed on TV.

Erik Riss at Perry Barr. In a class of his own.

Charles Wright is a proper late bloomer.

James Shanes, just for his gutsy performance against Eastbourne at Perry Barr. More passes on one night than I saw on the TV during 6 Premiership playoff matches.

Ellis Perks gets a mention, was great for Leicester at Perry Barr. Awful as a Brummies guest previously. His heart if not his speed were enough to subdue any Ipswich silverware hopes.

How can you base Jensen and Ayres on one performance?! Ridiculous comment although we shouldn't be surprised.....

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

How can you base Jensen and Ayres on one performance?! Ridiculous comment although we shouldn't be surprised.....

Only commenting on what I've seen.

10 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

:t:Nope, not surprised. 

Luke Becker

Jaimon Lidsey 

Jordan Palin

Dan Gilkes

Anders Rowe

13 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Didn't say Jensen was rubbish at Perry Barr, he was decent. He is being lauded as a world beater this year. He's so much better than Lampart he's helped to win Swindon the title. He may do the same for Glasgow.

Only seen Ayres ride twice. Once in person, got excluded for rolling at the start twice in one heat. British final on TV when I actually burst out laughing as he couldn't help but ride too wide & hit then fence, thinking Harris might overtake him when Harris had settled for second a lap earlier. A genius he doesn't strike me as.

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

:t:Nope, not surprised. 

As surprised as you were when Thorsell performed awful in the British playoffs. Now wait... Didn't I having seen how badly he performed in the Swedish playoffs predict it? 

4 hours ago, Col said:

Didn't I having seen how badly he performed in the Swedish playoffs predict it? 

You also predicted that Ipswich would definitely finish bottom and by some distance and we’re comfortably the “worst top flight side we’ve ever seen”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

You also predicted that Ipswich would definitely finish bottom and by some distance and we’re comfortably the “worst top flight side we’ve ever seen”

When it was announced, that is what I thought it was.  The whole Cook/Peterborough saga then followed which changed things.  Still not sure how Belle Vue managed to finish below the Witches.

I don't see how anyone can't include Doyle( personal feelings about him aside)  in their list as  he is the outstanding rider in the league 2019 but then I feel the standard of riders in The PL is nowhere near what it once was .I am not alluding to dreams of the 70's but even over the last 5/10 yrs sadly the level of top class riders has evaporated at an alarming rate due to money and the increasing demands on top GP riders . I have said before the SON real brought home to me the true  level of of how far the standard of riders in  the PL has sunk.

Back Topic

Doyle

Adam Ellis

R Jensen

luke Becker

Edited by FAST GATER

12 hours ago, Col said:

He is being lauded as a world beater this year.

But he isn't being lauded as that...he's a rider that's nearly doubled his PL starting average and gone from being a 7 point CL rider to a near 9 pointer...in fact take away his average first month or so he probably would had pushed Cook even closer in the way he's ridden for Glasgow since joining Swindon , a slightly above average rider going up a couple of levels most certainly a case for Rider of the year across both leagues 

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see how many takers there are for him on his 2019 average

3 hours ago, Col said:

When it was announced, that is what I thought it was.  The whole Cook/Peterborough saga then followed which changed things.  Still not sure how Belle Vue managed to finish below the Witches.

Easy - they won less matches/scored less points :D

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

But he isn't being lauded as that...he's a rider that's nearly doubled his PL starting average and gone from being a 7 point CL rider to a near 9 pointer...in fact take away his average first month or so he probably would had pushed Cook even closer in the way he's ridden for Glasgow since joining Swindon , a slightly above average rider going up a couple of levels most certainly a case for Rider of the year across both leagues 

9 minutes ago, Col said:

It will be interesting to see how many takers there are for him on his 2019 average

I agree with both to an extent

No doubt he is the most improved rider in 2019 and has been sensational.  Has shown he has the talent in the past but has added consistency

Whether that upward curve can be maintained or indeed if he can even  maintain his new average is the issue. It does make him a greater risk for whichever team he signs for

Tbh Rasmus made a decent step in Denmark and Sweden over the past couple of seasons before he did on uk shores, can see him comfortably maintaining a 3rd heat leader berth in top flight and continuing to clean up for Glasgow in second tier

He could continue in a similar way to Kildeman who also looked little more than a solid 2nd tier rider only a couple of seasons before he broke into the world scene

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FAST GATER said:

I don't see how anyone can't include Doyle( personal feelings about him aside)  in their list as  he is the outstanding rider in the league 2019 but then I feel the standard of riders in The PL is nowhere near what it once was .I am not alluding to dreams of the 70's but even over the last 5/10 yrs sadly the level of top class riders has evaporated at an alarming rate due to money and the increasing demands on top GP riders . I have said before the SON real brought home to me the true  level of of how far the standard of riders in  the PL has sunk.

Back Topic

Doyle

Adam Ellis

R Jensen

luke Becker

Doyle should have achieved a 10 point average in this league, not 8.96.

I’ll duck now.  :)