British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

That article also says Wright has signed for Belle Vue along with Lidsey and Bewley!

That would depend how you read it.

On 11/14/2019 at 2:09 PM, pitstop84 said:

If it's right that redcar have signed Danny Phillips and that's a big IF, do the fans think he is better than Tom woolley ???????

Hope not.

I'd rather have Wooley, be we need at least one good scorer in reserve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 2:09 PM, pitstop84 said:

If it's right that redcar have signed Danny Phillips and that's a big IF, do the fans think he is better than Tom woolley ???????

Yes he is , Tom Woolley might be a nice bloke but he is a poor championship rider , Phillips apart from the odd poor meeting scores 3 to 5 points on average per meeting it doesn't take much to be better than Woolley 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Yes he is , Tom Woolley might be a nice bloke but he is a poor championship rider , Phillips apart from the odd poor meeting scores 3 to 5 points on average per meeting it doesn't take much to be better than Woolley 

I believe he averages around 2.23 points per meeting according to the last set of averages on the SGB website, but anyway, if you are looking to win the league neither Phillips or Woolley should be at reserve, surely there are better options out there...

54 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Averages 3 to 5 a meeting yet has a 2.23 average hmmm...

The problem with Danny is he's been stuck at the same level for 4 years. No improvement in him. I'd rather go with a younger reserve and watch them grow

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Averages 3 to 5 a meeting yet has a 2.23 average hmmm...

The problem with Danny is he's been stuck at the same level for 4 years. No improvement in him. I'd rather go with a younger reserve and watch them grow

Sorry I was 0.77 out , I just looked through his last few home meetings for Newcastle and apart from the 2 against the Bears he didn't do to bad , but even a chimpanzee on a bike with stabilisers is better than Woolley 

Edited by johnyson66

34 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Sorry I was 0.77 out , I just looked through his last few home meetings for Newcastle and apart from the 2 against the Bears he didn't do to bad , but even a chimpanzee on a bike with stabilisers is better than Woolley 

Get ya self a bike then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Get ya self a bike then.

I think he is too busy learning to ride his keyboard! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Chris116 said:

I think he is too busy learning to ride his keyboard! 

Just done a bit of checking on Woolley and Phillips , last 10 home meetings for them both Woolley scored 14 +8 bonus points,  Phillips scored 28 +9 bonus points , obviously your all experts on speedway then if you would prefer Woolley over Phillips  , 

8 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Get ya self a bike then.

Should have known you would have your 2 pence in , Woolley or Phillips is a no brainer , we will have Phillips you can have Woolley,  you will soon be whinging about him , if you think Phillips is bad you ain't seen nothing with Woolley 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

Should have known you would have your 2 pence in , Woolley or Phillips is a no brainer , we will have Phillips you can have Woolley,  you will soon be whinging about him , if you think Phillips is bad you ain't seen nothing with Woolley 

Big difference is the amount of years they've been plugging away. Woolley has long stepped on a bike, then hadn't ridden all season before we signed him.

I don't think it's down to Tom or Danny tbh, there's other 2 point riders I'd rather see progress that Danny

• Like 1

Maybe redcar will have not have Tom, or Danny in the team, could be a two pointer nobody's said yet???????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Maybe redcar will have not have Tom, or Danny in the team, could be a two pointer nobody's said yet???????

Lawlor.