British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I would be surprised if Kelly gets a NL place this season and staggered if he ends up in the Champs unless he pays to ride. 

So you think a 15 year old in his first season in racing who scores double figures in his last meeting , won races at most tracks he visited for the first time and averaged nearly five this year will not get a team place in the NL next season?

why is that then?

Whilst I will probably be wrong in assuming he may be considered for a Bears spot I will put my season ticket money on Kelly being in the NL next season and having a choice of clubs to pick from.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

So you think a 15 year old in his first season in racing who scores double figures in his last meeting , won races at most tracks he visited for the first time and averaged nearly five this year will not get a team place in the NL next season?

why is that then?

Whilst I will probably be wrong in assuming he may be considered for a Bears spot I will put my season ticket money on Kelly being in the NL next season and having a choice of clubs to pick from.

I would hope he does get a NDL ride, it is after all supposed to be a development league but sadly it seems to be over populated by career third tier riders and veterans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

pity we will not be able to fit in Connor Mountain , brilliant at media prima for Liecester

And how do you know that redcar cant fit Conner in the team when all they have said that Erik and Jordan have signed????????

5 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

And how do you know that redcar cant fit Conner in the team when all they have said that Erik and Jordan have signed????????

They did say that they MIGHT only have to make one change.

12 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

I don't think Greaves will be back, but I'd certainly have him in the team before Bukhave if we had around 4 points spare.

What is the obsession with pitting Bukhave against Phillips?! They're on different averages so are not comparable for team building! If we do end up with Phillips it won't be a chose over Bukhave

Totally agree on the Phillips & bukhave scenario... Now here's a 1 for who would you rather have Simon Lambert or bukhave as the diamonds replaced Simon with bukhave .. I believe that brought park suited Bucharest more than Simon style wise as both were about the same speed so I guess that if Newcastle can ( if they ) run offer bukhave a place on a 4 point average I honestly think he's good enough to improve on that

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I would be surprised if Kelly gets a NL place this season and staggered if he ends up in the Champs unless he pays to ride. 

Totally disagree Elliot had a good season in the NL for a 15 year old. Ended up with a decent average for his first season. Had some excellent meetings and would have done better towards the end of the season if it was not for injury. May be a risk as a 2 point reserve in CL but established 2 pointers are not going to improve. Elliot will get better and certainly knows The Media Prima Arena. If we have to have a 2 pointer he may be worth a try. If not see how he goes in NL then bring him in later if we make changes and he is showing even more improvements. Think he is nailed on for a N  L place.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Totally disagree Elliot had a good season in the NL for a 15 year old. Ended up with a decent average for his first season. Had some excellent meetings and would have done better towards the end of the season if it was not for injury. May be a risk as a 2 point reserve in CL but established 2 pointers are not going to improve. Elliot will get better and certainly knows The Media Prima Arena. If we have to have a 2 pointer he may be worth a try. If not see how he goes in NL then bring him in later if we make changes and he is showing even more improvements. Think he is nailed on for a N  L place.

I actually don't think Elliot does know MPA very well. He rode it alot on a 125 but I wouldn't say he's had excessive laps on his 500 which is a totally different ride. For me I'd like to see him doing a few more second halves this year round Redcar and really learning some knowledge of set ups etc.

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Totally agree on the Phillips & bukhave scenario... Now here's a 1 for who would you rather have Simon Lambert or bukhave as the diamonds replaced Simon with bukhave .. I believe that brought park suited Bucharest more than Simon style wise as both were about the same speed so I guess that if Newcastle can ( if they ) run offer bukhave a place on a 4 point average I honestly think he's good enough to improve on that

It all depends how you build your team. Obviously Bukhave was a good addition over Lambert, as Lambert was always going to struggle round Brough. But I'd say Lambert offers more away from home. Unfortunately he's also a confidence rider so if things aren't going right at his home track his away form suffers.

Personally I think Newcastle will build to win at home first and foremost. And with that should take the gamble with Bukhave

12 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I actually don't think Elliot does know MPA very well. He rode it alot on a 125 but I wouldn't say he's had excessive laps on his 500 which is a totally different ride. For me I'd like to see him doing a few more second halves this year round Redcar and really learning some knowledge of set ups etc.

As team manager of the cubs and second half organiser I tried every week to get Elliot to second half / race for the cubs. Sadly for one reason and another it just didn't happen often enough which was a huge shame as the kid himself was always very keen to race at the MPA.

I personally think its a little early to be thinking about championship for him and hopefully a second solid season in the NDL will bring him up to a consistent standard to maybe take the step in 2021 or 22

Ell is a great kid, always prepared to listen and learn and with the right advice and guiidance Im sure he can make it in the sport. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Speedway4ever said:

An asset they refuse to use

I am sure, the Redcar promotion, would love to use Jacob, at reserve. Unfortunately, it does not tally, with their strategy, of having a strong top 5. Being able to track a 4 point reserve is a luxury, they can't afford. Jacob is a lovely lad, an enthusiastic racer, who deserves some success, but he is on an assessed 4 point average, (it can't be lower) which he still has not achieved. I have no doubt he will improve and probably go over 4 points, but at this time, I don't think it will be with Redcar. He is a trier and entertaining and who knows, down the stretch of the season, Redcar may be able to accommodate him, if he is available.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

What? Kelly was riding his 500 around MPA when he was 14 having stopped riding a 125 to concentrate on the 500. He's done most practice sessions at Redcar on it and is very comfortable on his 500 around there. Yes, he still has a lot to learn but to say he doesn't know the place is simply wrong!

• Like 2

Redcar will be looking to follow last season's success with a top heavy side, one solid reserve and a ' two pointer ' at reserve. I don't see young Kelly as the no.7 just yet, but you never know. The lad has done plenty of laps around Redcar over the last eighteen months ( despite Marshall07's statement)  having started on a 500 when he was 13 before committing to 500 fully in 2018 .

I don't see Bukhave fitting in either although he deserves a chance somewhere .

Think the promotors down there know exactly what they want and have already signed them up and good luck to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

What? Kelly was riding his 500 around MPA when he was 14 having stopped riding a 125 to concentrate on the 500. He's done most practice sessions at Redcar on it and is very comfortable on his 500 around there. Yes, he still has a lot to learn but to say he doesn't know the place is simply wrong!

He hasn't been at Redcar many times this year. And previous to that he was always restricted by being too young to go out with anyone else on his 500.

When I say he hasn't had excessive laps, I'm meaning at the level he is at now where he'd be able to learn lines and how the track rides, not adjusting to the bigger bike.