British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Ben91 said:

Would rather have Jenkins than Danny Phillips...

Judging by their NL averages, they’re about the same standard.

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Wright, MPT, Kacper A, Jordan Jenkins and Joe Lawlor. 

join Stewart and Riss. 

good side. Reserves a bit dodgy but Jenkins has potential. 

Similar to Leicester, but better because they have three heatleaders at the top of their game (whereas Morris and Howarth have stalled), two improving second strings (although an on form Proctor and Perks could blow them away), and Lawlor who is well ahead of the Thompsons atm, with Jenkins at their level.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Similar to Leicester, but better because they have three heatleaders at the top of their game (whereas Morris and Howarth have stalled), two improving second strings (although an on form Proctor and Perks could blow them away), and Lawlor who is well ahead of the Thompsons atm, with Jenkins at their level.

Absolutely correct. The heat leaders, are top notch, but I fancy Jordan Stewart, to go to a whole new level, this season. Kasper is capable, of beating a lot of heat leaders, (especially around the MPA). The reserves are both racers and if they give, a decent account of themselves, that side will go a long way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, northyorksbear said:

Best top 5 in the league and two reserves with huge potential - IF one (or both) of them click 2020 will be the YEAR OF THE BEAR :t::t:

Best top 5 ? I would say very good but don't forget about Leicester & remember Poole are yet to complete & kent looking good and also us up the A19 arn't yet done either.. but enjoy the rest of your party night & I'm over the moon for joe lawlor as he loves redcar

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Jenkins is five years younger and has been involved in league racing since 2016, Phillips started in 2012. Jenkins has more potential IMO. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Jenkins is five years younger and has been involved in league racing since 2016, Phillips started in 2012. Jenkins has more potential IMO. 

Yes, I don’t deny that, but for me, regardless of age, no one with an NL average below 7 should be in the CL.

Really pleased with the team - delighted to see the top 5 back. Thought we might have to break it up. 

3 top heat leaders, with Stewart hopefully pushing them this season.

On paper not the strongest at reserve - but plenty of potential there. If one of the reserve catches fire it could be one of the teams to beat. Very happy - well done promotion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Best top 5 ? I would say very good but don't forget about Leicester & remember Poole are yet to complete & kent looking good and also us up the A19 arn't yet done either.. but enjoy the rest of your party night & I'm over the moon for joe lawlor as he loves redcar

what a laugh you have no chance 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Yes, I don’t deny that, but for me, regardless of age, no one with an NL average below 7 should be in the CL.

Jordan came back from serious injury this year, and then suffered all sorts of expensive mechanicals early season taking the fun right out of his speedway. Very much on a false NL average and is a solid prospect at Championship level.

Bit of a gamble at reserve but probably one worth taking. Jenkins has a lot of potential and I was impressed with Lawlor last season - an NL average increase of almost 1.5 shows there could be more to come.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

9 hours ago, DC2 said:

Having seen the Thompson's & Lawlor at Leicester this year I wouldn't say Lawlor is well ahead. More experienced yes but ability wise there is not much in it.

Across both Stoke matches at Leicester he only managed to beat a Thompson once.

Jordan Jenkins looked decent prospect in few outings for Brummies and he and Lawlor won't be passengers. 

Very strong top 5 easily best top 3 in League in Wright / Riss and MP-T

Stewart looks a bit wild but a lot of people who know a lot more than me rate him highly.

Some very strong top 5's in the League this year could come down to Reserves.

Brummies look very strong in that department!

Very good top 5 also think the two reserves will hold their own and also one of the best tracks in the championship with scunny Glasgow and Somerset so looking forward to the season...

9 hours ago, DC2 said:

You didn’t say that initially though, you said this:

11 hours ago, DC2 said:

Over the years there have been plenty of riders in the second tier who haven’t been up to scratch. Jenkins, and to a lesser extent Phillips, aren’t in that bracket. 

18 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

You didn’t say that initially though, you said this:

Over the years there have been plenty of riders in the second tier who haven’t been up to scratch. Jenkins, and to a lesser extent Phillips, aren’t in that bracket. 

I’m right. They are currently the same standard and neither will make a 3 point CL average.

Jenkins is younger and has potential to do well in the future.