British Speedway Forum

24 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Experience and control of the motor bike.

Agree that's why there is a need for a proper development league which should be standard bikes for every rider to learn & gain valuable experience which is needed & they could do that with a view to make the next step up in league racing proper .. but to be honest watching riders like dave wallinger who doesn't have an average of 7 or above but it's below ( yeah he's a bit older & wiser than some of the younger riders in the national level ) but he's well capable of controlling a bike at any level.. 

8 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Agree that's why there is a need for a proper development league which should be standard bikes for every rider to learn & gain valuable experience which is needed & they could do that with a view to make the next step up in league racing proper .. but to be honest watching riders like dave wallinger who doesn't have an average of 7 or above but it's below ( yeah he's a bit older & wiser than some of the younger riders in the national level ) but he's well capable of controlling a bike at any level.. 

I was talking about youngsters, not old timers.

It’s pretty obvious that Chris Harris can handle a bike, even if he were in the NL, aged 50 and had only a 6 point average, but not so obvious for Jenkins and the Thompson twins, especially if they hit the first bend at Armadale, Brough or Poole with more experienced home riders.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:55 PM, DC2 said:

I was talking about youngsters, not old timers.

It’s pretty obvious that Chris Harris can handle a bike, even if he were in the NL, aged 50 and had only a 6 point average, but not so obvious for Jenkins and the Thompson twins, especially if they hit the first bend at Armadale, Brough or Poole with more experienced home riders.

Yeah a get where your coming from but even tho dave is a older rider he hasn't been on the scene that long.. also I totally agree with some of your points especially when some of the young lads or girls are still developing themselves strengthens for handling the bikes !! But also there are some who can just jump on a bike & take to it right away likes of going dan bewley for example

Edited by pienpeesman
Spelling errors

Succesz of the 2020 Bears totally dependent on the reserves development. Great top 3.

I really think redcar top 5 will be as good any top 5 in the league.  And the two reserves will hold there own,  and one thing's for sure they got a dam good track to race on which I think help the team.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

There seems to be a vast gulf between NL and CL, but only a dribble of p!ss between the top 2 leagues ;)

Too many double up/down riders making the standard too high for many from the NL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GWC said:

Too many double up/down riders making the standard too high for many from the NL.

No doubt the NL points limit will go down again today & the gulf will be even bigger!

More good news that was mentioned on Saturday night - Terry will still be doing the track next season.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

No doubt the NL points limit will go down again today & the gulf will be even bigger!

NDL points limit set at 39 for 2020 which is an increase.

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

NDL points limit set at 39 for 2020 which is an increase.

But minimum rider MA increases from 2 to 3.........

On 12/15/2019 at 5:20 PM, pienpeesman said:

Lol I was waiting for your response mind .. but I bet you any money if your a betting man/ woman that you'll have been bricking it when we pulled it right back in the cup final until Stewart won ht 14 & the damage was done in bt 13 tho with Riss & charlie clearly the better heatleaders

nope not in any way shape or form bricking it was always in hand porkpieman

Edited by homer

9 hours ago, homer said:

So it was not you that left your dirty cream crackers in the gents after heat 12 lol

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2019 at 5:20 PM, pienpeesman said:

Lol I was waiting for your response mind .. but I bet you any money if your a betting man/ woman that you'll have been bricking it when we pulled it right back in the cup final until Stewart won ht 14 & the damage was done in bt 13 tho with Riss & charlie clearly the better heatleaders

Homer may not have been "bricking it", but I bloody was. Until Stewart, produced that ride in ht14. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, homer said:

Porkpieman a new poster on the forum !!

• Like 1