British Speedway Forum

57 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Will Redcar be able to track the same 7 next season due to the possibility of points limit dropping & also the work permit or visa issues that could arise due to brexit

NO.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Will Redcar be able to track the same 7 next season due to the possibility of points limit dropping & also the work permit or visa issues that could arise due to brexit

What Redcar do is up to them, they have already announced the same 1-7 so , unless the rules change to suit the ones who cant have the same 7, why change?

Just because Newcastle have parted with two riders already, one by their choice, doesn’t mean others should be penalised by changing the speedway rules.

Now visas are whole different ball game.

Toft and Anderson may not qualify for work permits and it wouldn't surprise me if Riss has other fish to fry. So if they are all ruled out what then for Redcar?

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Toft and Anderson may not qualify for work permits and it wouldn't surprise me if Riss has other fish to fry. So if they are all ruled out what then for Redcar?

And as no one knows the rules for visas post Brexit this is total speculation. Riss has already stated he’d like to be back at Kings Lynn and Redcar so no story there either.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Except the points limit is being reduced to sub 40 but above 38.So apart from Kent everyone will be changing......... and then there is the work permit issue.

And when was this rule change made ‘ official ‘ ?

4 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

What Redcar do is up to them, they have already announced the same 1-7 so , unless the rules change to suit the ones who cant have the same 7, why change?

Just because Newcastle have parted with two riders already, one by their choice, doesn’t mean others should be penalised by changing the speedway rules.

Now visas are whole different ball game.

I only asked the question ( I hope they can keep the same 7 as all other teams can hopefully & make a decent season of it with some good close meetings ) so smoke that pipe 

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

Toft will be ok if he wants to stay on as he's based in the uk I would think but could be wrong 

21 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Toft will be ok if he wants to stay on as he's based in the uk I would think but could be wrong 

Only if he has settled status.

Edited by arnieg

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

And as no one knows the rules for visas post Brexit this is total speculation. Riss has already stated he’d like to be back at Kings Lynn and Redcar so no story there either.

It is informed by knowledge of the consequences of brexit and the existing work permit regime, so more than pure speculation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

It is informed by knowledge of the consequences of brexit and the existing work permit regime, so more than pure speculation.

Yet another thing that will end up in tiers.... :rolleyes:

I can though foresee some very tight regulation of "the rules" given the focus on Brexit from the many within Parliament who voted for it...

Boris will need to ensure all those back bench MP's who dislike the EU immensely, are kept 'onside' not just for Brexit, but for the myriad of tough decisions that lie ahead that he has to make..

Therefore, it wouldn't surprise me to see 'zero tolerance' as the initial stance, with the plan being to free up employment positions for UK nationals, with even more focus than ever on this given the expected economic downturn and reduction in jobs available...

The "rules" and there 'to the letter' implementation will certainly be under very close scrutiny....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I can though foresee some very tight regulation of "the rules" given the focus on Brexit from the many within Parliament who voted for it...

Boris will need to ensure all those back bench MP's who dislike the EU immensely, are kept 'onside' not just for Brexit, but for the myriad of tough decisions that lie ahead that he has to make..

Therefore, it wouldn't surprise me to see 'zero tolerance' as the initial stance, with the plan being to free up employment positions for UK nationals, with even more focus than ever on this given the expected economic downturn and reduction in jobs available...

The "rules" and their 'to the letter' implementation will certainly be under very close scrutiny....

Bring it on less foreign riders more opportunities for young British riders build again from the bottom. Weaken the teams in the short term to strengthen the product in the long term. After COVID and brexit it's a free hit so go for it

• Like 7

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

The "rules" and there 'to the letter' implementation will certainly be under very close scrutiny....

Let's hope they don't use VAR then............

2021 CALENDAR 

This years Redcar Agilia Bears calendar is now available on our online store.

With the season being cancelled we've taken the opportunity to include Redcar fan favourites from past years including Gary Havelock, Jason Lyons, Hugh Skidmore & many more!

Grab yours in time for Christmas 
 http://ow.ly/KFsv50CKZ7Z