British Speedway Forum

39 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Vissing been released by Newcastle to cut costs.  Would he be your next signing 

No he will not for the same reason we did not bring back Erik Riss. His average is almost the same as Riss and we did not bring him back because his average is to high to fit into the team. Management have said they will not release (sack) any riders to fit in the last rider. Newcastle say that they have released Vissing because of the problems he will have with Covid travel restrictions flying in and out of Europe. Think there may be many clubs in the same position before the start of the season with the Covid rates in Europe at the moment.  

• Like 4

On 4/3/2021 at 9:37 PM, slyfox said:

No he will not for the same reason we did not bring back Erik Riss. His average is almost the same as Riss and we did not bring him back because his average is to high to fit into the team. Management have said they will not release (sack) any riders to fit in the last rider. Newcastle say that they have released Vissing because of the problems he will have with Covid travel restrictions flying in and out of Europe. Think there may be many clubs in the same position before the start of the season with the Covid rates in Europe at the moment.  

Newcastle have spotted a potential future problem and solved it, they may well now be weaker as a team, but it also gives CV who lets be honest has been a good servant to the sport in Britain a chance to either find another club, or base his season around riding within the EU which will no doubt make travel prospects a lot easier,

,Fairplay to the Redcar management for sticking with their team, over my years watching the sport one of the biggest gripes is too many team changes year on year

• Like 3

Looking at the line up for Redcars ‘ Amateur ‘ meeting Open Class, its a pity paying spectators aren’t allowed as that would draw a crowd

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

Looking at the line up for Redcars ‘ Amateur ‘ meeting Open Class, its a pity paying spectators aren’t allowed as that would draw a crowd

still a few weeks to go things might change and might get a trial run for fans 

53 minutes ago, mac101 said:

still a few weeks to go things might change and might get a trial run for fans 

You need a new calendar, there’s 8 days to go...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

who?

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

who?

image.png.473eb69657bf7a6eee941540aa51f201.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Heck of a line up & with the other classes aswell there's 50 riders on show & the track ( best in our league in my opinion ) will get some stick but johnny swales is the fella to keep it race fit

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Spelling error
  • Like 1

'Amateur' means that they don't get paid - but pay to enter instead.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, *JJ said:

'Amateur' means that they don't get paid - but pay to enter instead.

I know that , but alot of them are paid team members once the season starts. 

1 hour ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

And what's your point?  That they shouldn't be allowed to pay their way and have a good skid?

1 hour ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

in the spirit of the forum i must preface my comment with 'no disrespect' but this is the daftest comment. 

• Like 1