British Speedway Forum

On 4/9/2021 at 6:02 PM, ONTWOMINUTES said:

It's ok , I didn't want to get into arguments about what amateur is but I'm just ignorant about it . I wonder if leon flint and Kyle bIckley to name two , would class themselves as amateurs. Sorry to ch958 for making stupid comments. 

I'd say they must be happy to class themselves as amateurs as they entered themselves in the class. No one forced them

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I'd say they must be happy to class themselves as amateurs as they entered themselves in the class. No one forced them

I'll ask them both on Saturday and see what they say. 

• Haha 1

Years ago you just needed to whistle and there would be a couple of Aussies wanting a team place. Kasper may not be the last to drop out (enforced) in this case but opportunities arise and if U.K. speedway can weather COVID and Brexit then I think it will be better for it.

2 hours ago, GWC said:

Years ago you just needed to whistle and there would be a couple of Aussies wanting a team place. Kasper may not be the last to drop out (enforced) in this case but opportunities arise and if U.K. speedway can weather COVID and Brexit then I think it will be better for it.

Somehow think this season is not going to run smoothly regarding riders travel plans from Continent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2021 at 6:02 PM, ONTWOMINUTES said:

It's ok , I didn't want to get into arguments about what amateur is but I'm just ignorant about it . I wonder if leon flint and Kyle bIckley to name two , would class themselves as amateurs. Sorry to ch958 for making stupid comments. 

Google what an amateur is... for this meeting some of the riders are classed as amateurs (loosely) some are professional... the meeting winner gets a cash pay out so in real terms what should happen is the proffessional will collect it and the amateur shouldn't but I would suggest whoever wins the meeting will take the money and run amateur or proffesional so strictly speaking maybe the meeting should have been called junior, novice or journeyman meeting rather than amateur... but WTF it's a moot point do we really care? Its a good line up for the level and standard and IMHO there will be some cracking racing on offer... kudos to Redcar for getting such a good line up together and if they could allow fans in I certainly would have popped down for a look... some good young talent going to be involved in what I think will be a very competitive meeting...

Good luck to all involved... hope they all stay safe... and there are no expensive failures on the bikes that cost these journeymen dear...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Somehow think this season is not going to run smoothly regarding riders travel plans from Continent.

Will any of the other UK Danes be affected? i.e Palm Toft, Hans Andersen, Jorgensen etc.?

1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Will any of the other UK Danes be affected? i.e Palm Toft, Hans Andersen, Jorgensen etc.?

Some (Toft?) will have settled status, but others may not be able to get visas. It may be difficult to get new young Danes until they've proved themselves domestically, by which time they may already be committed to Polish clubs.

• Like 1

Surely the last 2 signings must be Bradley Wilson Dean and Ryan Kinsley/Jack Smith

Kasper missing out may be a blessing in disguise

Charles Wright © 9.35
Anders Rowe 4.27
Michael Palm Toft 8.18
Jordan Stewart 5.74
Bradley Wilson Dean 8.21
Ryan Kinsley 3.09
Jordan Jenkins **
Total: 38.84
Left: 0.16

Wonder if tomorrow's livestream will announce anything?

Jack Smith 3.04

Edit: Just realised after posting this that Ryan would be tripling up then, which is not allowed... So Jack Smith it is then?

Goes to show how desperately short on riders this country is... JUST about making 7 man teams with so much doubling up, don't get that anywhere else?

Ellis Perks and Jan Graversen could also be slightly weaker, but maybe more realistic options? Which would put Anders back down at reserve for the start of the season too

Edited by Dandelion

Why?

BWD appears to be demanding unbelievable wages as he knows he’s in demand, Redcar are not famous for splashing cash on riders.

Jack Smith left under a cloud, so did Perks.

Plenty of twists and turns yet to come as Andersen cannot be the only non UK rider denied a work permit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

There is a live stream tomorrow if anyone wants to watch.

http://ow.ly/qT6l50EpBLG

Thank you for the link.Hope all riders have a enjoyable meeting with no injuries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Surely the last 2 signings must be Bradley Wilson Dean and Ryan Kinsley/Jack Smith

Kasper missing out may be a blessing in disguise

Charles Wright © 9.35
Anders Rowe 4.27
Michael Palm Toft 8.18
Jordan Stewart 5.74
Bradley Wilson Dean 8.21
Ryan Kinsley 3.09
Jordan Jenkins **
Total: 38.84
Left: 0.16

Wonder if tomorrow's livestream will announce anything?

Jack Smith 3.04

Edit: Just realised after posting this that Ryan would be tripling up then, which is not allowed... So Jack Smith it is then?

Goes to show how desperately short on riders this country is... JUST about making 7 man teams with so much doubling up, don't get that anywhere else?

Ellis Perks and Jan Graversen could also be slightly weaker, but maybe more realistic options? Which would put Anders back down at reserve for the start of the season too

Jack Smith is at Glasgow.