British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Jack Smith is at Glasgow.

So he is... Forgot about that one... There's just no riders available... Redcar either have to splash the cash or sign riders who left under a cloud... Or have no one at all

Adam Ellis and Jack Parkinson-Blackburn - if averages fit

Unlikely but if it were to happen become title favourites in my book

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

And Ryan Kinsley is at King's Lynn / Kent.

NDL team not the Championship 

4 hours ago, Dandelion said:

So he is... Forgot about that one... There's just no riders available... Redcar either have to splash the cash or sign riders who left under a cloud... Or have no one at all

Are Glasgow definitely running

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Spelling error

7 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Are any teams running if No crowds are allowed in.!!!!!!

• Like 2

Good to see some bikes in action thank u, but had to put on mute with a " mike" there is no need to shout :rofl:

Brilliant coverage, but OMG !  The commentary was absolutely horrendous    Well done Redcar for putting this on, can’t be easy with so many heats

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

Brilliant coverage, but OMG !  The commentary was absolutely horrendous    Well done Redcar for putting this on, can’t be easy with so many heats

That's the drivel us Newcastle fans have had to put up with for years now... And some people say he's good!!

• Like 2

Enjoyed today . I did think I was listening to one of the hairy bikers for the first hour:drink:

21 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

They definitley might be. :t::cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought there were a few positives and a few negatives, but for a first attempt it wasn't too bad overall.

The camera work was good, just a few hic-cups early doors, although a second camera showing the start and finish line side on would be nice, rather than just a head-on camera angle.

There appeared to be a few glitches with the on screen graphics, the graphics themselves were good, just bits of information missing (points scored under the name of the rider during heat line-ups), which shouldn't be to difficult to sort out.

Roy & Paul doing the commentary seamed to get carried away with themselves at times, and overlooked the one thing commentators  are meant to do, keep the viewer at home up to date with the match details. It wasn't a normal individual meeting that we are all familiar with, 16 riders, 20 heats. It was 2 groups of 14 riders (A & B groups), with the top 4 from each group going into  a semi final made up of 2 from group A and 2 from group B, which wasn't explained during the qualifying heats, so the viewer at home needed the help of the commentators to make sense of the race details.

At first I thought they didn't have a screen to see what the viewers at home were seeing, forth coming Heat details, Heat results, Leaderboard, and occasional scrolling list of club sponsors (nice touch) etc, as they just seamed to be ignoring what was on screen and having there own conversation, It wasn't until just before the semi-finals that Roy & Paul finally used the details being presented on screen as a reference point to the conversation to inform the viewer.

From what I could see, the Redcar promotion team seam to have gone to a lot of time and effort to get the various elements of a live broadcast right, the camera work, on screen presentation (graphics) and a commentary team , once they get these elements working together as one unit, they will have a very good product.

It's a learning curve for all involved, and it was a very good effort for a first attempt.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, pvm said:

I thought there were a few positives and a few negatives, but for a first attempt it wasn't too bad overall.

The camera work was good, just a few hic-cups early doors, although a second camera showing the start and finish line side on would be nice, rather than just a head-on camera angle.

There appeared to be a few glitches with the on screen graphics, the graphics themselves were good, just bits of information missing (points scored under the name of the rider during heat line-ups), which shouldn't be to difficult to sort out.

Roy & Paul doing the commentary seamed to get carried away with themselves at times, and overlooked the one thing commentators  are meant to do, keep the viewer at home up to date with the match details. It wasn't a normal individual meeting that we are all familiar with, 16 riders, 20 heats. It was 2 groups of 14 riders (A & B groups), with the top 4 from each group going into  a semi final made up of 2 from group A and 2 from group B, which wasn't explained during the qualifying heats, so the viewer at home needed the help of the commentators to make sense of the race details.

At first I thought they didn't have a screen to see what the viewers at home were seeing, forth coming Heat details, Heat results, Leaderboard, and occasional scrolling list of club sponsors (nice touch) etc, as they just seamed to be ignoring what was on screen and having there own conversation, It wasn't until just before the semi-finals that Roy & Paul finally used the details being presented on screen as a reference point to the conversation to inform the viewer.

From what I could see, the Redcar promotion team seam to have gone to a lot of time and effort to get the various elements of a live broadcast right, the camera work, on screen presentation (graphics) and a commentary team , once they get these elements working together as one unit, they will have a very good product.

It's a learning curve for all involved, and it was a very good effort for a first attempt.

Thank you for this extremely insightful and fair assesment.

We certainly noted most of the comments you raised, unfortunately we needed a few more hands than we had to sort the issues that arose as once the stream began it becomes a bit frantic to fix things that aren't working.

Really appreciate this post as it gives a very balanced view. We will be back, and we will address what we consider were the small issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Thank you for this extremely insightful and fair assesment.

We certainly noted most of the comments you raised, unfortunately we needed a few more hands than we had to sort the issues that arose as once the stream began it becomes a bit frantic to fix things that aren't working.

Really appreciate this post as it gives a very balanced view. We will be back, and we will address what we consider were the small issues.

I think, as a first effort, this was really good effort. I agree with most points raised by pvm. My link at my computer could not link up ,so I used the views posts on the right hand side to see what was happening,. I gave up well after the 1 hour delay, joining at heat 13,  and resorted to the link of my phone, but the sound was very faint, but maybe that a a blessing. :D When these connection problems are fixed it will be a really good presentation which only needs slight tweaks here and there. I look forward to the rest of the series. Many Thanks.