British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I think, as a first effort, this was really good effort. I agree with most points raised by pvm. My link at my computer could not link up ,so I used the views posts on the right hand side to see what was happening,. I gave up well after the 1 hour delay, joining at heat 13,  and resorted to the link of my phone, but the sound was very faint, but maybe that a a blessing. :D When these connection problems are fixed it will be a really good presentation which only needs slight tweaks here and there. I look forward to the rest of the series. Many Thanks. 

The original link wouldn't start unfortunately so we had to change it to a new one. Again without an extra pair of hands we struggled to hen get that link out to the public.

• Thanks 1

Well organised and good meeting for juniors,but you can see the problems regarding track prep when you want to run NDL as double headers,keeping the track decent is very difficult and racing will be Gate  and Go stuff IMO.When you want fans to pay good money to watch.30 heats on one night is too much IMO.

• Like 2

think there was over 60 races yesterday there was a full youth meeting before the open class so i think  the track staff done a great job keeping the track decent couldn’really water the last couple of races because the track was so blue and the sun was out all day night meetings would be a lot different and easier to keep track 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Well organised and good meeting for juniors,but you can see the problems regarding track prep when you want to run NDL as double headers,keeping the track decent is very difficult and racing will be Gate  and Go stuff IMO.When you want fans to pay good money to watch.30 heats on one night is too much IMO.

As stated there were 73 heats ran yesterday. The track held up until around heat 65 in my opinion. Any track should handle 30 heats no problem with proper prep. They also won't be ran in the afternoon with the sun shining!

16 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

As stated there were 73 heats ran yesterday. The track held up until around heat 65 in my opinion. Any track should handle 30 heats no problem with proper prep. They also won't be ran in the afternoon with the sun shining!

If there time for proper prep between meetings ,most track get slick after 10-12 heats,they can’t really water as it will make it slippy on racing lines and the riders don’t want that.Seen enough speedway meetings go this way.Like I say 30 heats is not ideal .Not for me I’m afraid.Yesterday’s meeting was mainly juniors the majority can only ride slick tracks which was fine for them.Everyone to their own though.

Well I’ve just watched the semi final that Kyle Bickley won and it was one of the best 71st or 72nd heats I’ve seen in a while.

Well done to all concerned.

• Like 7

Seems a shame that the British Speedway Official Website has totally ignored this meeting, both beforehand and afterwards. The result from some meeting in Australia is on there, but sadly not this one. Thought the idea of that website was to support and help promote British speedway?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheWatcher said:

Seems a shame that the British Speedway Official Website has totally ignored this meeting, both beforehand and afterwards. The result from some meeting in Australia is on there, but sadly not this one. Thought the idea of that website was to support and help promote British speedway?

Having been fortunate enough to be there ( on the tools ) I can say it was a very good day with some top class racing in all classes even after the track, inevitably after 70 plus races, went slick.

Whilst the pits and parking was a little chaotic, to be expected, everyone enjoyed being back racing and from what I’ve seen of the ‘ live stream ‘ it was a good first effort , especially as it was FREE and Redcar should be congratulated for giving it a go.

As for the Official Website coverage , they don’t give Scunthorpe meetings any coverage either so this was to be expected but still disappointing when there is nothing else for them to report on. The fact that a 30 odd year old upright engine saw off some very expensive new lay downs should at least warrant a few words in next weeks Star.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Having been fortunate enough to be there ( on the tools ) I can say it was a very good day with some top class racing in all classes even after the track, inevitably after 70 plus races, went slick.

Whilst the pits and parking was a little chaotic, to be expected, everyone enjoyed being back racing and from what I’ve seen of the ‘ live stream ‘ it was a good first effort , especially as it was FREE and Redcar should be congratulated for giving it a go.

As for the Official Website coverage , they don’t give Scunthorpe meetings any coverage either so this was to be expected but still disappointing when there is nothing else for them to report on. The fact that a 30 odd year old upright engine saw off some very expensive new lay downs should at least warrant a few words in next weeks Star.

Very true re Scunthorpe but do they live stream their meetings? This deserved a mention for that initiative alone.

Speedwaygb website doesn’t cover amateur racing ..nothin ever about Lydd.

On 4/17/2021 at 6:34 PM, Heedthebaw said:

Brilliant coverage, but OMG !  The commentary was absolutely horrendous    Well done Redcar for putting this on, can’t be easy with so many heats

They have the best track man in the country ( my opinion ) now that Terry the track has a full time job & Doc Bridgett has retired...

• Like 2

On 4/17/2021 at 6:34 PM, Heedthebaw said:

Brilliant coverage, but OMG !  The commentary was absolutely horrendous    Well done Redcar for putting this on, can’t be easy with so many heats

Get yourself down and grab a mic, we have plenty of hours to fill at these events!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Get yourself down and grab a mic, we have plenty of hours to fill at these events!

I couldn’t be any worse, but fair play to the guys that tried

36 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

I couldn’t be any worse, but fair play to the guys that tried

Like I say, come have a go! Anyone willing to volunteer 6 hours on a Saturday to go out publicly and try keep people entertained gets praise in my book. They always be doyles like you wanting to slate them but never step up and volunteer your own expertise.

Personally think that talking for 3.5 hours to a microphone connected to the entire internet with no previous experience is some good going! Talking over extended breaks when absolutely nothing is happening for half an hour.

Drop me a message and we'll get you lined up for the next one and see if you get as much praise as they have

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Like I say, come have a go! Anyone willing to volunteer 6 hours on a Saturday to go out publicly and try keep people entertained gets praise in my book. They always be doyles like you wanting to slate them but never step up and volunteer your own expertise.

Personally think that talking for 3.5 hours to a microphone connected to the entire internet with no previous experience is some good going! Talking over extended breaks when absolutely nothing is happening for half an hour.

Drop me a message and we'll get you lined up for the next one and see if you get as much praise as they have

Perhaps they should be offered a refund if the product wasn't up to standard.....        .....how much did people pay to access the stream??? ;)

Honestly, some people.  Well done for making the meeting available online. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1