British Speedway Forum

Rob has a pay scale to his riders & does not break it. If riders want more money then they should find it through personal sponsorship.He signs riders that want to ride for Scunthorpe.

Sadly, I thought we had a good top 4 that could have scored 34-44 & bottom 3 about 12-18 around the EWR & possibly sneaked a few points away. Now, home meetings will be tight with no wins away but we will, hopefully, see decent speedway at most meetings.

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Rob has a pay scale to his riders & does not break it. If riders want more money then they should find it through personal sponsorship.He signs riders that want to ride for Scunthorpe.

Sadly, I thought we had a good top 4 that could have scored 34-44 & bottom 3 about 12-18 around the EWR & possibly sneaked a few points away. Now, home meetings will be tight with no wins away but we will, hopefully, see decent speedway at most meetings.

Agree 100 % pal ,to see speedway live again with my Dad is something I thought was lost for this season as was last season .Rob gets a bad press on here but he does a good job and you never hear a rider hasn’t been paid on time ,this year is about fulfilling a full season of British speedway as I think speedway on the continent completing will be a big doubt .

Heres hoping all teams stay as injury free as possible and we see good speedway at the Eddie Wright Raceway and were ever we go to watch British racing

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

From what I know Redcar are no different. Whilst they have massively changed for the better since the dark Havelock days they still operate on a budget and riders don’t get paid over the top rates. Having spoken to many riders who have ridden for them since 2017 they say they ride there for less money than they could get elsewhere, because it’s a good ,safe, track,with no unnecessary pressure applied and even in the Havvy days, they get paid on time. Riders ride best when there happy !

• Like 4

Q&A with Jordan Stewart being recorded tomorrow, if anyone has any questions please post a reply to this

Thanks

44 minutes ago, Nassa10 said:

Q&A with Jordan Stewart being recorded tomorrow, if anyone has any questions please post a reply to this

Thanks

Can you fit Jake Allen in your suitcase? ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bear_Bottom said:

Jordan is already here Haha

If redcar can get jake over here the team will be hard to beat IMO. And be in the top 3?

GREEN LIGHT FOR BEARS
 Redcar Speedway have been given the green light from Redcar Borough Council to welcome supporters back at the Media Prima Arena.Full details over on our site, including details of upcoming Social Media Blackout: https://buff.ly/3vs4Rgy

20 hours ago, Bear_Bottom said:

Best mates & shared house?

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Best mates & shared house?

They did but gave that up in the pre COVID exodus. Stewart is now back in the UK ( Allen isn’t ) and has shared accommodation with another rider.

On 4/23/2021 at 4:26 PM, leander said:

Whilst I agree, I don't understand it. What if he performs poorly for his Extraleague team and gets loaned out to a first division club in Poland in a double down scenario. Surely, in my opinion, he should be able to double up in GB. It is a British League, a) a premiership division (div 1), and b) a championship division. Same League, same governing authority. Just like Poland (1 league, 3 divisions).

I don’t either. Like you say, so many variants if he loses his place etc.

On 4/23/2021 at 4:41 PM, northyorksbear said:

Don't think he fits anyway now does he?

No he doesn’t. 

17 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

They did but gave that up in the pre COVID exodus. Stewart is now back in the UK ( Allen isn’t ) and has shared accommodation with another rider.

Just thought Allen might join him again. :rolleyes:

On 4/23/2021 at 4:26 PM, leander said:

Whilst I agree, I don't understand it. What if he performs poorly for his Extraleague team and gets loaned out to a first division club in Poland in a double down scenario. Surely, in my opinion, he should be able to double up in GB. It is a British League, a) a premiership division (div 1), and b) a championship division. Same League, same governing authority. Just like Poland (1 league, 3 divisions).

Ellis isn't with an Ekstraliga club. He rides Div 2 (3rd league). That allows him to ride in 2 other leagues, Sweden and Premiership.