British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

There were plenty racing with a higher average than Jenkins

??? who 

We need at the very least to raise a don’t go petition for Jitendra to stay , This also needs to go to the BSPA for them to keep him on as a SPEEDWAY PROMOTER to bring the sport into a modern era . 

It needs to go to Twitter too . I don’t know how to do it !!!!

• Like 2

Hot on the heels of the Isle of Wight rumpus, looks like the BSPL have succeeded in alienating another guy with the best interests of the sport at heart.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Hot on the heels of the Isle of Wight rumpus, looks like the BSPL have succeeded in alienating another guy with the best interests of the sport at heart.

Thing is who is next,maybe the time is right for a breakaway league!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Thing is who is next,maybe the time is right for a breakaway league!

Not the time for a breakaway as the change over would be quite damaging to the business's and the sport. Far better to change the management of the BSPL in an amicable manner. No point in making the sport unmanagible during a season cos that really would see the end of UK speedway.   

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Not the time for a breakaway as the change over would be quite damaging to the business's and the sport. Far better to change the management of the BSPL in an amicable manner. No point in making the sport unmanagible during a season cos that really would see the end of UK speedway.   

I think you're right, and if there was a chance of a change of management I'd agree. 

That's simply not going to happen though, because there would have to be an acknowledgement that the present leadership have got it badly wrong.

More chance of you and Alan becoming Mackem supporters :o:D:rofl:

I don't know Jittendra Duffil at all but I have rarely - if ever - heard a bad word about him. Sounds like he and Barry Bishop have a lot in common. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 5

I suspect Ben  has had his mental health damaged by his experiences. Thankfully he has 2 wingmen involved now to take some of the weight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I think you're right, and if there was a chance of a change of management I'd agree. 

That's simply not going to happen though, because there would have to be an acknowledgement that the present leadership have got it badly wrong.

More chance of you and Alan becoming Mackem supporters :o:D:rofl:

I don't know Jittendra Duffil at all but I have rarely - if ever - heard a bad word about him. Sounds like he and Barry Bishop have a lot in common. 

Yep , Jittendra is one of the good guys, not arrogant or publicity seeking, just gets on with the job and presents a good image.  Speedway, and Redcar,  would be worse without him. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

You do feel for the likes of Rob Grant and the Masons as an example..

People who come into the sport and, with the rules as they are, spend a lot of their time working with one hand tied behind their back until they have 'served their time'...

They also get criticised quickly when things go wrong/they make mistakes,  due to the lack of respect or understanding for promoters in general, which has been built up by the fans due to the actions of the umbrella promoting organisation over the years.. 

Those with bright ideas should be given the opportunity to bring those ideas in..

Let's be honest, they couldn't really do any worse than those who have let the sport drift to what it is today in the UK could they?

The die hard, hardcore fan base is what now exists at most tracks so you woulndt lose them by trying something different, therefore it's a perfect time to try something new..

Just a shame they didnt try anything new when they had a year out in which to plan it.. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Been tried several times over the last few decades and how many of those that tried still remain as Promoters.

It takes three years to even get a vote.

18 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Been tried several times over the last few decades and how many of those that tried still remain as Promoters.

It takes three years to even get a vote.

Unless you join the NDL then you can call the shots from the start.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Unless you join the NDL then you can call the shots from the start.

What like the IOW did.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

What like the IOW did.

If IOW had called the shots, been allowed to call a shot or even have a say how things are run they would still be in the league (they also wouldn't have a tripe league record). I think it more that the new shot callers didn't fancy a long trip down south that wasn't part of a double header.

To clarify this has nothing to do with the good folk at Redcar, they are under the same tyrannical rule as the rest.

Edited by Sings4Speedway
missed a bit

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Not the time for a breakaway as the change over would be quite damaging to the business's and the sport. Far better to change the management of the BSPL in an amicable manner. No point in making the sport unmanageable during a season cos that really would see the end of UK speedway.   

Whist I fully agree with your sentiments Dave and think you are correct... the only issue I see with a change in management is you change with like for like people with the same blinkered mind-set; we have had several changes in management just in the last 10 years but nothing has changed unfortunately; as it still ends up with the self interest mentality and protectionist values... the whole of Speedway needs to change not just the Management Committee of the BSPL

They need to implement a set of rules and stick with them instead of abdicating authority everyone needs to sign up to a charter to say that they will stick to them with the best interests of the sport as the basis and work for the common good of all concerned and if promotions cant do that then the punishments need to be severe and I mean severe... oh hang on European Football Super League on a miniature scale hrmmm and what made that lot change People Power and what will make this lot change; nothing because the lunatics are running the Asylum and they are all locked in safe and secure...

But when its gone or run into the ground then what; they will cry and say people/fans didn't support it and folk on here will say we told you so... 

Back to the usual impasse

Regards
THJ

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Whist I fully agree with your sentiments Dave and think you are correct... the only issue I see with a change in management is you change with like for like people with the same blinkered mind-set; we have had several changes in management just in the last 10 years but nothing has changed unfortunately; as it still ends up with the self interest mentality and protectionist values... the whole of Speedway needs to change not just the Management Committee of the BSPL

They need to implement a set of rules and stick with them instead of abdicating authority everyone needs to sign up to a charter to say that they will stick to them with the best interests of the sport as the basis and work for the common good of all concerned and if promotions cant do that then the punishments need to be severe and I mean severe... oh hang on European Football Super League on a miniature scale hrmmm and what made that lot change People Power and what will make this lot change; nothing because the lunatics are running the Asylum and they are all locked in safe and secure...

But when its gone or run into the ground then what; they will cry and say people/fans didn't support it and folk on here will say we told you so... 

Back to the usual impasse

Regards
THJ

Not sure that's true THJ.  There's a great deal of difference between the likes of Barry Bishop, Jittendra Duffil and Adrian Smith and certain other promoters that could be mentioned.