British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

There is a bunch of rising stars riding better than 2* though so it's not the worst thing, although Jenkins will be missed!

Not that many though - have to get lucky with availability etc.

Edited by Yearbyred

13 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

I do think Redcar are missing the presence of Erik Riss.

I'd disagree. Rowe and Allen are producing better than Riss and Lawlor are

27 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Not that many though - have to get lucky with availability etc.

Think the rising star gradings will start to cause discontent soon.Greg Blair might be worth a punt for Redcar!

• Like 3

As a neutral ( but a season ticket holder too ) it’s a shame to see the Bears having such bad luck. On paper the team looked fantastic but they hadnt really clicked all at once and now injuries are ripping the team apart. Due to having such a good race track ( and benefitting from our hasty decision to part with a great track curator ) with no real home advantage you had a team of ‘ racers ‘ but , as Eastbourne proved, you need to have some gaters as well. Losing Stewart weakened the team ( R/R not really getting the expected points ) but losing two good young prospects at reserve will be almost impossible to cover with a Friday night race night.

Not sure on the rules for covering their absence but Blair would be a consideration ( is he a “rising star “ ? ).

Thought Serjeant was unlucky on Friday, in point scoring positions in his races just lacked top end speed and I think he’s worth his place as teams are too quick to dump riders and I dont see Redcar being like that .

I hope the Bears do pick up and make the play offs. I bought my season ticket based on the quality of the racing at the STMP over the passed few years once Terry the Track was brought in and I haven’t regretted a penny of it. Wish I could say the same about my own team but hopefully things will pick up there too.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

As a neutral ( but a season ticket holder too ) it’s a shame to see the Bears having such bad luck. On paper the team looked fantastic but they hadnt really clicked all at once and now injuries are ripping the team apart. Due to having such a good race track ( and benefitting from our hasty decision to part with a great track curator ) with no real home advantage you had a team of ‘ racers ‘ but , as Eastbourne proved, you need to have some gaters as well. Losing Stewart weakened the team ( R/R not really getting the expected points ) but losing two good young prospects at reserve will be almost impossible to cover with a Friday night race night.

Not sure on the rules for covering their absence but Blair would be a consideration ( is he a “rising star “ ? ).

Thought Serjeant was unlucky on Friday, in point scoring positions in his races just lacked top end speed and I think he’s worth his place as teams are too quick to dump riders and I dont see Redcar being like that .

I hope the Bears do pick up and make the play offs. I bought my season ticket based on the quality of the racing at the STMP over the passed few years once Terry the Track was brought in and I haven’t regretted a penny of it. Wish I could say the same about my own team but hopefully things will pick up there too.

Have to agree with Ringitsneck, on all points, especially with James Sergeant. He was really trying on Friday, (and the week before), but he looked like his motor was a little too fast and he was spinning up a little and struggling for traction. We should not give up on him too soon, its not the way Redcar works.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Greg is a 2* rising star. 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2021 at 10:41 AM, Fromafar said:

Think the rising star gradings will start to cause discontent soon.Greg Blair might be worth a punt for Redcar!

I think the gradings of the 1* & 2* were spot on. 1* based on NDL experience only(some of them only 1 year riding) & 2* based on limited riding experience & low average.

It is the 3* & 4* that are more questionable. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2021 at 12:33 PM, sidewinder said:

Have to agree with Ringitsneck, on all points, especially with James Sergeant. He was really trying on Friday, (and the week before), but he looked like his motor was a little too fast and he was spinning up a little and struggling for traction. We should not give up on him too soon, its not the way Redcar works.

He is experienced enough to sort that issue out, surely.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

He is experienced enough to sort that issue out, surely.

Probably experienced enough, but not certain that he knows how to correct it. He is in the Enzville camp, so they should know.

Edited by sidewinder

Should be a good meeting Friday at Redcar with the under 21's & hopefully young Archie gets a ride if Anders is still out & scores a few points..pity I'll be at work 

3 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Should be a good meeting Friday at Redcar with the under 21's & hopefully young Archie gets a ride if Anders is still out & scores a few points..pity I'll be at work 

I think he is riding. He rode well in the semi final and was unlucky to miss out.

Shame that both Bears will be missing, they would have had a good chance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Looks like Archie and Palin are now in the meeting. Ben Trigger and Elliot Kelly take up reserve spots I believe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Archie Freeman and Jordan Palin replace Anders Rowe and Jordan Jenkins in the main meeting.

Ben trigger and Eliott Kelly are now he reserves.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.39147

• Like 1