British Speedway Forum

46 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

For what it is worth I think the play off final will be Poole V Leicester 

Funny you should say that because me and my mate think and hope that. I'm the Poole fan and he's the Lion, Leicester is our local track.

Always enjoy my visits to Redcar, great set up. Been twice this year, the Under 21 Final and when Poole visited :t:

Many other tracks should follow your example, the 3rd and 4th bend banking is mind boggling.

Basso the Gasso certainly loved the track and he'd never seen any UK track before.

Plenty of success to all at Redcar :cheers:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biffa said:

Clueless: maybe, then enlighten me more, in fact enlighten every one more. 
Supporter since 1977: seen thin & thinner over the years. 
ch958: have been on bus & car trips with you. 
Maybe just hit an age where entertainment & value for money comes before following “ the crowd” and going just because it’s the done thing. Not inspired by the changes hope they prove me wrong and we go on to win the league, the first since 1981. 

doubt that very much

7 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Sadly as we know speedway is a numbers game.

I thought Anders may have performed better than he as given how he had been riding in Poland. 

That said he as a big future and I feel Redcar have only made a short term gain with the changes. 

This will only fire Anders up more to do better at Edinburgh?......if that's where he's gone. 

Ryan Kinsley......I wouldn't like to be him as he seems to be being used to make up the numbers first at Lynn now at Redcar. 

Kinsley at this level will struggle away from home good luck a real tough league at reserve.

All these years I've been going to speedway and I've heard about the Julie Lewis Memorial meeting at Redcar, yet I have never known who she was and how she was involved with the club... It would be really interesting to know and know when the first Julie Lewis meeting was staged, thank you :)

Just now, Diamonds85 said:

All these years I've been going to speedway and I've heard about the Julie Lewis Memorial meeting at Redcar, yet I have never known who she was and how she was involved with the club... It would be really interesting to know and know when the first Julie Lewis meeting was staged, thank you :)

She was the office manager back at Cleveland Park, she then made her return when STMP opened but unfortunately passed away a few years in.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

She was the office manager back at Cleveland Park, she then made her return when STMP opened but unfortunately passed away a few years in.

She must have had a big impact on the club if her life is celebrated yearly all these years later? Not even sure when Redcar moved to STMP but I have always remembered them racing there (I've only been going to the speedway since 2007)

11 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Back in 1972, when I first started going to Cleveland Park, there was a Speedway shop/Office (not sure of it's correct title), on the back straight,  you could buy rosette's, program boards, ticket's for coach trips, Wembley world final's etc, Julie was in charge of it at the time, it was just a serving hatch at the back of the stand.  I remember when the pit's moved from the School end of the stadium, to just near the A19 flyover, they built a Speedway Office as part of the new pits complex, and she moved in there. So she had been involved with Cleveland Park 25+ years, to my knowledge, till it closed at the end of the 1996 season. Then when speedway returned at the STMP in 2006, she took up her old position.

• Like 1

Julie was a lovely much appreciated Lady (with a capital L) who ran the speedway office when I first worked at Cleveland Park giving out rain-off tickets after people had come through the turnstiles in the mid 70's and she used to give me my 50p earnings in a small brown envelope at the end of the evening.  She was there (with brother Jimmy who used to run the pit gate) through all the years I worked at Cleveland Park unfailingly until it closed. It was a great pleasure to find Julie back in charge of the office when the STMP/MPA reopened in 2006. She suffered no fools but was admired by all who knew her at Teesside/Middlesbrough/Redcar.  I think she would be very pleased firstly that she was remembered so fondly and secondly that the meeting normally involves a junior aspect. 

• Like 5

Make sure you enjoy watching Jake Allen in these play offs as he's going to be back at scunny next season after last night's announcement 

Edited by Ian68

18 minutes ago, Ian68 said:

Make sure you enjoy watching Jake Allen in these play offs as he's going to be back at scunny next season after last night's announcement 

What was said last night?

Is it right to announce a rider whilst he is involved with another club in play offs,

Just doesn’t sit right why not wait until the season is finished. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Is it right to announce a rider whilst he is involved with another club in play offs,

Just doesn’t sit right why not wait until the season is finished. 

Not been announced but scunny have bought his contract i might be jumping to conclusions 

18 minutes ago, Ian68 said:

Not been announced but scunny have bought his contract i might be jumping to conclusions 

I would hazard a guess that they have not bought his contract and then not use him.

20 minutes ago, Ian68 said:

Buying a riders contract means very little these days. Charles Wright is owned by Poole and has been for several years but has never ridden for them, just means Godfrey can collect loan fees if he doesn’t use him.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
  • Like 2