British Speedway Forum

Sorry, but its a done deal. Rob and Jake are big mates and the only reason Jake was not a Scorpion this year is because Rob was loyal when he signed Josh Macdonald, to cover for Jake not riding this year.  Jake then later changed his mind and Rob being loyal to Josh ,could not renege on his deal to let him ride. Rob then had the gut wrenching task of telling Jake he could not let Josh down, hence his temporary move to Redcar.

26 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Sorry, but its a done deal. Rob and Jake are big mates and the only reason Jake was not a Scorpion this year is because Rob was loyal when he signed Josh Macdonald, to cover for Jake not riding this year.  Jake then later changed his mind and Rob being loyal to Josh ,could not renege on his deal to let him ride. Rob then had the gut wrenching task of telling Jake he could not let Josh down, hence his temporary move to Redcar.

I would, almost, agree on this but it is NOT a done deal but has been approached to be. Rob said he had approached Somerset with Jake's blessing to buy his contract.

Somerset has folded & I think all assets are transferred to the BSP Ltd banner.

Rob, also, said talks are still on going for the rules for 2022 & the Premiership & Championship still have to agree team building limits.

So, going by what was said, we now own Jake but it is not 100% certain he will be a Scorpion in 2022 (but probably 90%:t:)

14 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I would, almost, agree on this but it is NOT a done deal but has been approached to be. Rob said he had approached Somerset with Jake's blessing to buy his contract.

Rob, also, said talks are still on going for the rules for 2022 & the Premiership & Championship still have to agree team building limits.

So, going by what was said, we now own Jake but it is not 100% certain he will be a Scorpion in 2022 (but probably 90%:t:)

You be pedantic, I'll be positive.:D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

You be pedantic, I'll be positive.:D

Watch this space there is a other club trying to buy his contract also, so not a done deal? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ian68 said:

Make sure you enjoy watching Jake Allen in these play offs as he's going to be back at scunny next season after last night's announcement 

I don't think it would be a great loss?,Ive been really disappointed with Jake this year don't think he's got to grips with the track this year and  not had the greatest of seasons with Ipswich or Redcar expected more of him seems to have gone backwards .Going back to Scunthorpe  would be the best move for him in my opinion .I  Would take Riss or Kerr over him along with Wright and Toft.

14 minutes ago, bororedlion said:

I don't think it would be a great loss?,Ive been really disappointed with Jake this year don't think he's got to grips with the track this year and  not had the greatest of seasons with Ipswich or Redcar expected more of him seems to have gone backwards .Going back to Scunthorpe  would be the best move for him in my opinion .I  Would take Riss or Kerr over him along with Wright and Toft.

You realise Allen's average has gone up this year right? At one point he put a whole point on in month. Hardly say that he's gone backwards!

Are averages still counted over 2 seasons? Might account for the increase if so.

4 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Watch this space there is a other club trying to buy his contract also, so not a done deal? 

Well why would Rob announce it then ?

22 minutes ago, redlead said:

Are averages still counted over 2 seasons? Might account for the increase if so.

Averages are last 20 meetings so at this point in the season no however I’m not sure the of the exact time of that big increase 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Yet another reason why the BSPL should be completely independent. Scunny to buy Jake from the BSPL. Who is the chairman of the BSPL. No Bias in that then???

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Averages are last 20 meetings so at this point in the season no however I’m not sure the of the exact time of that big increase 

Started 7.07, last month he was 8.15 and ends his season on 7.72

Definitely not a bad season

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

Well why would Rob announce it then ?

But he did not say the deal was done ? So as they say its not a done deal yet. Wait and see. 

36 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Started 7.07, last month he was 8.15 and ends his season on 7.72

Definitely not a bad season

Oh yeah i think he’s had a good season cracking rider and from my point of view being a Scunthorpe fan would love him back at scunny

11 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Jake the snake agreed to rejoin Scunthorpe when he guested for them against Glasgow on 20th June one day after a rubbishe performance for the Bears at Leicester, he also told the Scorpions faithful in a Q+A session after the Redcar meeting that he would back next year.  I personally feel zero malice towards him and I hope he delivers for us against Edinburgh. We lost Eric Riss in a similar fashion and I hope he returns for us next season.  I know he hasn't had a good season with King's Lynn or Birmingham but form is temporary while class is permanent.  Jake is a fantastic rider and I thank  him for the the season he rode for us.