British Speedway Forum

All pointless speculation at this stage as no one knows the points limit till after the AGM. As Havvy Snr used to say, "a successful team is one you have to brake up" so at least half the team will have to go depending on the limit.

From what I've seen 

keep Wright but he's a Poole asset so you may have a problem there now.

Stewart Redcar owned and capable of more improvement 

Anderssen can still improve, is he Sheffields asset?

Of the rest not sure how much improvement there's left in them. If Wright goes could keep Riss and possibly Palm Toft but can't keep all three. Greaves had his moments but mostly away from home and try as he did Wooley needs to go back to National League.

If Bacon comes back to racing and he can brought back at reserve he's worth a place but Birmingham seem to be signing riders already ( what do they know that we don't?) and he may go there.

whoever leaves can always come to Newcastle as we appear to like your rejects!

Just now, Ringitsneck said:

All pointless speculation at this stage as no one knows the points limit till after the AGM. As Havvy Snr used to say, "a successful team is one you have to brake up" so at least half the team will have to go depending on the limit.

From what I've seen 

Of the rest not sure how much improvement there's left in them. If Wright goes could keep Riss and possibly Palm Toft but can't keep all three. Greaves had his moments but mostly away from home and try as he did Wooley needs to go back to National League.

If Bacon comes back to racing and he can brought back at reserve he's worth a place but Birmingham seem to be signing riders already ( what do they know that we don't?) and he may go there.

Hasn't stopped Eastbourne or Birmingham, as both have announced two riders each!

Promoters talk during the duration of the season so most have an idea the way it's going.

Personally can't see Bacon back, especially not at reserve he's on 5.20 I think?

If we could build a team to push Kasper into reserve I think we'd have a winning formula

58 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

From what I've seen 

I think he has said Poole is too far to travel so you should be okay. 

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

Its not though is it ? People regurgitate this line every season . For example Broc Nicol is on a 5.16 now regardless of the points limit i would sign him up because he is great value . If the limit is 38 40 or 42 it really doesnt matter . For us Birmingham James Shanes 5.31 dont matter get him in we can work the last couple of riders to suit .

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Seems to be one of the only ones not started yet.

What's your thoughts? Who would you keep? Who would you get rid of?

Don't ask me I don't have 2020 vision ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Its not though is it ? People regurgitate this line every season . For example Broc Nicol is on a 5.16 now regardless of the points limit i would sign him up because he is great value . If the limit is 38 40 or 42 it really doesnt matter . For us Birmingham James Shanes 5.31 dont matter get him in we can work the last couple of riders to suit .

You answered your own question..." We can work the last couple of riders to suit". Therefore the points limit does matter and riders will have to be released.

18 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

broc eastbourne bound i reckon

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Moranboys said:

broc eastbourne bound i reckon

wolves .

I would like to have Wright, Riss, Stewart...Anderson would be welcome back....as for new signings, dream would be Nicol and Kemp...but this management have done a great job this year so will likely already know the bulk of the team they want in 2020.

I reckon Jake Allen will be a good shout for being in our starting 7 next season. Not only does he ride well round the MPA ( granted, plenty of riders do!), but he performed well when he guested for us recently and seemed to fit in well with the rest of the team in the pits.

I think he'd like to be a Redcar Bear next season ;)