British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Jason Crump at Redcar today ding some coaching 

Start at around 20 mins 40 secs.  But be quick as it's only available until 7pm Fri (7th):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000lk5d/look-north-north-east-and-cumbria-evening-news-05082020

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 2

Excellent news for the next speedway star of the future from the north east Elliot Kelly linking up with the kings Lynn outfit... He will learn so much from the likes of Lewis Kerr & the new euro champion robert Lambert both ex duamonds... So good luck Elliot well deserved and a great carrer move 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Excellent news for the next speedway star of the future from the north east Elliot Kelly linking up with the kings Lynn outfit... He will learn so much from the likes of Lewis Kerr & the new euro champion robert Lambert both ex duamonds... So good luck Elliot well deserved and a great carrer move 

Will he not learn from ex Bear Jorgensen and current Bears Palm Toft and Erik Riss? or is this just an excuse to mention the Diamonds?
Whatever, it’s just a shame to see another north east lad not sign for his local club but I think the connection with a certain Mr.Pipe has soured the relationship and as Pipe is claiming it’s all his mentoring that’s getting young Kelly on an upwards spiral this will never change.

• Haha 1

It’s perhaps a good move that you don’t sign for your local club as the pressure can ruin any potential rider. The connection with Pipe certainly does him no favours particularly at Redcar but it shouldn’t hold him back in the long term. There is no denying the kid has talent and good equipment but he lacks mechanical knowledge and desperately needs guidance in that area. 
I’m not sure he’ll learn anything special from ex diamonds or even current Bears as like many, he hates the Newcastle track but perhaps if he wants to get tattooed he can learn something from Kerr.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

It’s perhaps a good move that you don’t sign for your local club as the pressure can ruin any potential rider. The connection with Pipe certainly does him no favours particularly at Redcar but it shouldn’t hold him back in the long term. There is no denying the kid has talent and good equipment but he lacks mechanical knowledge and desperately needs guidance in that area. 
I’m not sure he’ll learn anything special from ex diamonds or even current Bears as like many, he hates the Newcastle track but perhaps if he wants to get tattooed he can learn something from Kerr.

If he can learn anything from Lewis Kerr it will be resilience and mental toughness, the way he has bounced back[ no pun intended ]  from some very big get offs. Shows he has them in abundance.

• Like 5

REDCAR REWIND returns.  From the archive of Tapes Up Productions and with thanks to sponsor Paul Routledge, tonight we bring you coverage of the 2014 Premier League Cup meeting between the Bears and our local rivals the Newcastle Diamonds.

Tapes up 7.15 

REDCAR REWIND from the archives of Tapes Up Productions: The Bears were bottom of the League table in 2016 when the Glasgow Tigers rolled into town but, as you'll see, gave the Scottish side a real run for their money.  Thanks again to sponsor Paul Routledge.

Tapes up 7.15 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 8:18 AM, Ringitsneck said:

Will he not learn from ex Bear Jorgensen and current Bears Palm Toft and Erik Riss? or is this just an excuse to mention the Diamonds?
Whatever, it’s just a shame to see another north east lad not sign for his local club but I think the connection with a certain Mr.Pipe has soured the relationship and as Pipe is claiming it’s all his mentoring that’s getting young Kelly on an upwards spiral this will never change.

On palm toft & Riss I agree but would you take tips from Jorgensen ??... & Give Jason pipe some cred as when there's an opportunity to ride anywhere in the country he invites a lot of lads from up our part of the country as there's not much action like there is down south

12 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

On palm toft & Riss I agree but would you take tips from Jorgensen ??... & Give Jason pipe some cred as when there's an opportunity to ride anywhere in the country he invites a lot of lads from up our part of the country as there's not much action like there is down south

Why not Jorgensen ? Lovely lad , been around a while has good equipment and can certainly ride a bike ( but perhaps not around Newcastle !)

Not sure what you mean by no action as we are blessed with having the N.J.L. and more tracks that run practices/ amateur meetings in the north than down south.

• Like 2

Mr. Jorgensen is more than a capable role model. A gentleman around the fans and a fine rider, I detect a slight biase in a Newcastle fans comment. 
If research is carried out I think Pienpeesman may also find that more southern based juniors travel north to ride due to the number of events taking place at northern tracks such as Scunthorpe and Redcar and during the season you will have seen a number of ‘ southerners ‘ riding in the Northern Junior League.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Why not Jorgensen ? Lovely lad , been around a while has good equipment and can certainly ride a bike ( but perhaps not around Newcastle !)

Not sure what you mean by no action as we are blessed with having the N.J.L. and more tracks that run practices/ amateur meetings in the north than down south.

Yeah he can ride a bike 100 % & when he is in the mood he is some rider it's just a pity that he never ( & not just him by the way ) done it for the diamonds last season & on the track situation I get what you mean on the likes of Redcar Scunthorpe etc which is great but I just feel that from what the likes of isle of white .. Somerset .. Plymouth.. iwade seem to have a lot more going on in the past until.. scunny & Redcar & north side & Dunn's up at Berwick can now get things going for the youth of the north &/hopefully we can produce some more great talent through the grassroots system 

15 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Like the comment on the NJL riders as it was a good contest last season the N.J.L. that the Newcastle gems took the honours under the guidance of there gaffer who says the lads do the graft on track & deserve the plaudits ( Steve pate ) & what's most impressive is how all the lads got on with the job in hand when there was a little nervy times through the competition...