British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Hoping restrictons will change

Not a Professional approach if that is the case.Can’t see why they won’t be allowed to race in GB though,if they can race in Denmark and Sweden.

Edited by Fromafar

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Not a Professional approach if that is the case.

It isn't the case, professional sportspersons may travel without lockdown but they have to undergo regular testing and have certificates.

20 minutes ago, foamfence said:

It isn't the case, professional sportspersons may travel without lockdown but they have to undergo regular testing and have certificates.

Don’t know,but had edited my post before you posted.

We head back into the Tapes Up Productions archive for the latest in our Redcar Rewind series: full coverage of the 2012 South Tees Silver Helmet. Tapes up 7.15

This might answer a few peoples questions here.... I believe this to be the correct category and document 

You’ll need to complete the public health passenger locator form before you travel to the UK. You need to take a coronavirus test before travelling to England.

You’ll need to provide written evidence from a United Kingdom or English national governing body for your sport of your status as an international elite sportsperson or essential support staff attending a specified event.

You will not need to self-isolate for up to 10 days as long as you proceed directly to the footprint of the listed elite sports event you are participating in, and remain either self-isolated or within the event location (or locations if the event has multiple venues) until your departure from the UK. You must isolate within the event footprint with elite sportspersons training for or competing in that event, and also ancillary sportspersons who are involved in that event. Travel between multiple venue locations for the sports event is permitted. The sports event may include provision of hotel or other suitable accommodation within its location(s).

You remain obliged to self-isolate if you stay somewhere other than the event footprint (e.g. if you own a residence in England), but are allowed to travel between such a location and the event.

The 10-day period for which you are subject to these additional conditions begins from when you were last in a non-exempt country or territory.

—————

So the long and short, yes you can travel and compete between England and Poland - will the Polish league stop it like last year though, is a different kettle of fish altogether.....

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 4

On 2/4/2021 at 2:28 PM, Ringitsneck said:

Well he has signed for two British clubs so think you might want to change your opinion.

Slightly surprised that Redcar now have 4 ( Wright, Rowe, MPT and now Stewart ) doubling up riders possibly five ( Jenkins in the NL ) when speedway was supposed to be getting away from this situation. But not a bad team if they can capture a strong second string to finish the team off.

I think we will see more doubling up this year rather than less as the pool of riders who can / wish to ride in the UK is going to be smaller and getting in and out of the country is likely to be challenging for a while yet.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think we will see more doubling up this year rather than less as the pool of riders who can / wish to ride in the UK is going to be smaller and getting in and out of the country is likely to be challenging for a while yet.

Possibly so but there are going to be more young riders coming in to offset the shortage.

• Like 2

Report in The Teesside Gazette today "Bears have tried to sign Lewis Bridger" but he was not keen on the travel from his Sussex base. They also say that have tried to sign two foreign riders without success and are now waiting to see what comes up between now and May to fill the 6.6 points available for the last rider. That will be more difficult with the Plymouth news. Dont get me wrong that's good news its the shortage of available riders that's the problem.  

19 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Report in The Teesside Gazette today "Bears have tried to sign Lewis Bridger" but he was not keen on the travel from his Sussex base. They also say that have tried to sign two foreign riders without success and are now waiting to see what comes up between now and May to fill the 6.6 points available for the last rider. That will be more difficult with the Plymouth news. Dont get me wrong that's good news its the shortage of available riders that's the problem.  

Give a British youngster a chance job sorted

28 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Plymouth need to find 7 riders

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Binman said:

Give a British youngster a chance job sorted

Wish there was a British youngster that fit the bill. Its our 3rd heat leader that we are looking for at 6.6. Got 2 good British youngsters in the team with Anders Rowe & Jordan Jenkins.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lewy said:

Plymouth need to find 7 riders

Giving the current situation and the vast majority of riders who are available already snapped up Plymouth might find things a bit harder than normal actually putting together a competitive team.

• Like 1

Yes I agree, I,m sure the promotion will be doing their absolute best to put a competitive team together but definitely at a dis advantage being accepted so late