British Speedway Forum

On 7/10/2021 at 11:36 PM, Bellers101 said:

Agree. The 'promising 28 year old' should never have been signed!

tell us about it !

2 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

What will Josh Auty's average be when the new set are released?

At the moment the only names I can see are Josh Bates or Ty Proctor coming home

2 hours ago, Norfolk Bear said:

At the moment the only names I can see are Josh Bates or Ty Proctor coming home

I would say, we would have to stay as we are, ( with R/R ), rather than accommodate, either of those two.

From Barry Bishop of the Wightlink Warriors:

Message to all the Redcar Bears Speedway Fans on the Southern tour, who have extended it to visit the Isle of Wight. 

We are all very sorry to hear of the meeting cancellation at Poole, so we wanted to do a small surprise to cheer you all up while you are at Smallbrook Stadium with us. We will organise a centre green visit at least during your visit and if we can extend it to other treats we will. 
Send me a DM or email speedwayontheisland@yahoo.co.uk and we can go from there.

2 minutes ago, Rob Dyer said:

From Barry Bishop of the Wightlink Warriors:

Message to all the Redcar Bears Speedway Fans on the Southern tour, who have extended it to visit the Isle of Wight. 

We are all very sorry to hear of the meeting cancellation at Poole, so we wanted to do a small surprise to cheer you all up while you are at Smallbrook Stadium with us. We will organise a centre green visit at least during your visit and if we can extend it to other treats we will. 
Send me a DM or email speedwayontheisland@yahoo.co.uk and we can go from there.

I visited Isle of Wight 3 seasons ago - Barry Bishop does his utmost to make you feel welcome, so I would recommend any Bears fans to make the trip over  and enjoy his hospitality 

Send me a DM or email speedwayontheisland@yahoo.co.uk and we can go from there .

All the best from us all and we look forward to welcome you

If you are coming there will be

Gates open 5.15pm

Pits open 5.45 - 6.15pm

Youth demos from 6.15pm

Lady races - 3 races featuring 4 female riders.

6.45 Parade

Upright challenge 6 races of Team MPS Body and Paint Jawa V Metro Timber Weslakes.

15 races of 3TT Warriors V Oxford V Heathens. 15 races including Handicap races, and nominated races.

BRUCE CRIBB rides an ice bike and if there is time we will have a few japs out and about at meeting close

5 hours ago, barrybishop said:

Send me a DM or email speedwayontheisland@yahoo.co.uk and we can go from there .

All the best from us all and we look forward to welcome you

If you are coming there will be

Gates open 5.15pm

Pits open 5.45 - 6.15pm

Youth demos from 6.15pm

Lady races - 3 races featuring 4 female riders.

6.45 Parade

Upright challenge 6 races of Team MPS Body and Paint Jawa V Metro Timber Weslakes.

15 races of 3TT Warriors V Oxford V Heathens. 15 races including Handicap races, and nominated races.

BRUCE CRIBB rides an ice bike and if there is time we will have a few japs out and about at meeting close

I'm not 100% sure, but think Bruce Cribb holds the outright 4 lap record on his ice bike at Eastbourne, about 2 seconds faster than the speedway record held by Crump and Chris Holder and about 20 years before their record. Obviously he's somewhat older now as  I imagine the bike is, but be interesting to see how fast it still is on a large track.

Edited by gazzac

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

I'm not 100% sure, but think Bruce Cribb holds the outright 4 lap record on his ice bike at Eastbourne, about 2 seconds faster than the speedway record held by Crump and Chris Holder and about 20 years before their record. Obviously he's somewhat older now as  I imagine the bike is, but be interesting to see how fast it still is on a large track.

Its actually my bike :) so its not so old... well not as old as Bruce..... Never tell him that ha ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the deadline to change riders next Saturday the 28-8 who do we reckon they will replace Stewart with?

On 8/18/2021 at 8:04 PM, Redtruck said:

With the deadline to change riders next Saturday the 28-8 who do we reckon they will replace Stewart with?

Think that will depend on what happens at Eastie and whether they stick or fold...

Regards 

THJ

59 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think that will depend on what happens at Eastie and whether they stick or fold...

Regards 

THJ

Brennan would fit nicely 

• Haha 1