British Speedway Forum

On 8/10/2021 at 1:30 PM, barrybishop said:

Message to all the Redcar Bears Speedway Fans on the Southern tour, who have extended it to visit the Isle of Wight.

We are all very sorry to hear of the meeting cancellation at Poole, so we wanted to do a small surprise to cheer you all up while you are at Smallbrook Stadium with us. We will organise a centre green visit at least during your visit and if we can extend it to other treats we will.
Send me a DM or email speedwayontheisland@yahoo.co.uk and we can go from there .

All the best from us all and we look forward to welcome you

If you are coming there will be

Gates open 5.15pm

Pits open 5.45 - 6.15pm

Youth demos from 6.15pm

Lady races - 3 races featuring 4 female riders.

6.45 Parade

Upright challenge 6 races of Team MPS Body and Paint Jawa V Metro Timber Weslakes.

15 races of 3TT Warriors V Oxford V Heathens. 15 races including Handicap races, and nominated races.

BRUCE CRIBB rides an ice bike and if there is time we will have a few japs out and about at meeting close

Barry Bishop & Martin Widman 

Superheros! :cheers:

• Like 1

so after meeting tonight  Anders Rowe thanked fans for their support, stressed it wasn't his decision, said there will be a press release tomorrow and added I have already signed for another team 

Big rumours going round about double change -not going to repeat names mentioned, but reckon Bears fans will be oKK with the news

Speak for yourself, I would sooner have what we have now than the rumoured one joining us. Very disappointed. 

It will be better than R/R for Jordon, Having a full team takes the pressure off the others. Not sure how it will affect the reserves though.

It may be better than R/R, sorry, will be better than R/R but it’s only my personal opinion that if it is who is rumoured then the entertainment factor will be less. Just my personal opinion though

22 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

so after meeting tonight  Anders Rowe thanked fans for their support, stressed it wasn't his decision, said there will be a press release tomorrow and added I have already signed for another team 

Fair play to the lad not many riders would show the maturity to come and out and thank the fans after being dumped for not really doing anything wrong!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Fair play to the lad not many riders would show the maturity to come and out and thank the fans after being dumped for not really doing anything wrong!

Whilst not doing anything wrong, his average has slipped this year. Not quite the year Redcar or he was expecting I'd imagine.

• Like 3

Drew Kemp and Anders Rowe to Kent in place of Nathan Ablitt and Ben Morley is my guess

3 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Drew Kemp and Anders Rowe to Kent in place of Nathan Ablitt and Ben Morley is my guess

Be hard that. Nathan Ablitt rode for Eastbourne

38 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Be hard that. Nathan Ablitt rode for Eastbourne

Blonde moment :oops: Meant Jake Mulford

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Blonde moment :oops: Meant Jake Mulford

Kent supporters and Len absolutely love Mulford so unless he has decided he no longer wants to ride he won't be going anywhere. 

6 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Whilst not doing anything wrong, his average has slipped this year. Not quite the year Redcar or he was expecting I'd imagine.

Still think it should have been Sargent instead 

Jake has had a number of clashes with his grass and longtrack commitments...... but is very much part of the Royals team who have all their remaining fixtures in Sept/Oct.

This can only be a move with 2022 in mind ... assuming the CL still exists .....surely Kent have only a very slim chance of p offs? 

17 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

Still think it should have been Sargent instead 

Strongly disagree. Sarjeant has added nearly a point to his starting average for the Bears. Very rarely you see him score significantly less than that average.

Anders really struggles from the gate, reactions are far too slow! On most tracks you can't give a full second to others!