British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

Greaves, Mountain, Bickley, Wood, Hume, Morley, Perry

you ruled Greaves out of Redcar yourself.  Maybe the other are worth a go and if they do good luck to them. If Newcastle offer Jacob a place i'd  like to see him there Redcar can have Phillips as I would like to see them two race each other.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

you ruled Greaves out of Redcar yourself.  Maybe the other are worth a go and if they do good luck to them. If Newcastle offer Jacob a place i'd  like to see him there Redcar can have Phillips as I would like to see them two race each other.

I don't think Greaves will be back, but I'd certainly have him in the team before Bukhave if we had around 4 points spare.

What is the obsession with pitting Bukhave against Phillips?! They're on different averages so are not comparable for team building! If we do end up with Phillips it won't be a chose over Bukhave

20 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

That's Bukhaves problem though, he wouldn't mean no Danny as he's stuck on a 4. I have nothing against the lad but he's just too big a gamble on a 4. There's some good British lads out there on that average worth a go over him

Had many a chat with Jacob in the bar at Brough with Percy his mechanic and you couldn't meet a nicer kid... all he is asking for is a chance to prove himself and to be fair I have seen a lot worse... 

If Jacob is lucky enough to get a prolonged run in a team he will stick a point to a point and a half on that starting average no problem... plus he's a Dane and even if he ends up struggling you will get nothing but proffessionalism out of him as all Danes come with that metallity... I wouldn't mind him back at Newcastle that's for sure....

8 minutes ago, ch958 said:

opinions

Totally correct

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Had many a chat with Jacob in the bar at Brough with Percy his mechanic and you couldn't meet a nicer kid... all he is asking for is a chance to prove himself and to be fair I have seen a lot worse... 

If Jacob is lucky enough to get a prolonged run in a team he will stick a point to a point and a half on that starting average no problem... plus he's a Dane and even if he ends up struggling you will get nothing but proffessionalism out of him as all Danes come with that metallity... I wouldn't mind him back at Newcastle that's for sure....

Totally correct

Regards 

THJ 

Like I've said it's nothing against the guy. Had many dealings with him and he's a nice enough bloke. But having watched him for the past two seasons I have a different opinion to yours in regards to points on his average

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I don't think Greaves will be back, but I'd certainly have him in the team before Bukhave if we had around 4 points spare.

What is the obsession with pitting Bukhave against Phillips?! They're on different averages so are not comparable for team building! If we do end up with Phillips it won't be a chose over Bukhave

in the reserves heat I'd like to see how they would compare against each other as you think Jacob is not a good enough rider. as a sponsor of him seeing him just wanting to race and all this being an asset crap is just a joke. He's never rode for the bears for years and the contract is not worth diddly. If he was an asset of mine i'd be promoting the lad to other teams if they needed a rider and bring some money to him .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Speedway4ever said:

in the reserves heat I'd like to see how they would compare against each other as you think Jacob is not a good enough rider. as a sponsor of him seeing him just wanting to race and all this being an asset crap is just a joke. He's never rode for the bears for years and the contract is not worth diddly. If he was an asset of mine i'd be promoting the lad to other teams if they needed a rider and bring some money to him .

Hasn't ridden for the bears for years? He signed for us at the beginning of last season...

I'm saying he's not good enough as a FOUR POINT rider. I'm not saying he wouldn't beat Danny Phillips.

Assets are a whole different argument and I think you'll find most people think they're outdated

3 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Like I've said it's nothing against the guy. Had many dealings with him and he's a nice enough bloke. But having watched him for the past two seasons I have a different opinion to yours in regards to points on his average

Yep a hear what you are saying and respect your opinion however I totally disagree...

Opinions... just like onions... lots or rings... or if you're dyslexic it's the same word... never mind... if we ever become promoters I can have him for my team and you can dodge the bullet...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

Must be two different contracts then

And when did he ride for the Bears then last season

Apologies it was 2016 my bad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Phillips and Bukhave have failed to impress at this level possibly for different reasons.

Phillips has been given extended runs and can score a few points around Newcastle , when against poor / inexperienced opposition and has even scored decent points around Redcar where has has done more laps than most Bears riders but does he deserve another chance?

Bukhave failed to impress when with the Bears but was saddled with a high average and not able to have a run at reserve which may have helped him. Having said that he didn't pull up any trees at Newcastle and his equipment does not look to be upto a high standard. He still has a high assessed 4 average which may mean he can't fit into a reserve slot which will go against him if the club go top heavy again.

Assets mean nothing these days.

Perhaps the club may look at local lad Elliot Kelly as a 2 pointer with a more experienced number six, Bickley?

All just opinion of course and both Phillips and Bukhave may return to Newcastle as the rumours are they have been saved by a consortium of investors. Money maybe tight so they would fit in a ' cheap ' side ?

• Like 2

Would anyone put Adam Roynon ahead of Phillips or Buckhave. Similar average to Buckhave but very injury prone. 

I like Jacob but I think it’s unlikely he will be a Bear this year due to his assessed average and the likely make up of the team.

I’m confident that the Bears will have a line up that has plenty of thought put into it.

• Like 1

After sitting and doing some some maths this is the team id like to see

Charles Wright         9.35 (9.59)

Kasper Andersen     4.86

Michael Palm Toft    8.18

Jordan Stewart         5.74

Erik Riss                     8.41

Jack Thomas            2.43 (2.49)

Woolley/Lawlor/Jenkins/Gilkes 2.00

Total - 40.97

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Perhaps the club may look at local lad Elliot Kelly as a 2 pointer with a more experienced number six, Bickley?

I would be surprised if Kelly gets a NL place this season and staggered if he ends up in the Champs unless he pays to ride.