David Walsh  
Robert Nagy  
Mick Powell  
Sean Courtney  
James Grieves  
Jesper Olsen  

We can but dream.

Now that was a team.

That team had great reserves something we now largely ignore in our team building.

This season we started with Chessell and Lawlor, who were going to do nothing other than make up the numbers. The change for Bickley helped us big time in the early season and Bailey at home during Aug/Sep beat some decent riders on the way to a few points. Look at the impact Mountain has had for Leicester, we need something similar next year IMO.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Solidmango said:

Wouldn’t argue with that. Having Bailey and a ‘stronger’ reserve would be a solid team throughout. 

Agree with that one strong reserve is a must.

Getting Sam at reserve would be the answer.

Connor should really kick on next year he has shown glimpses of how good he can be.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

I would like to see a strong reserve next year as the last few years the Tigers have  had two weak reserves but as Cook will likely be back it could be two weaker riders again. As for who I’d like to see in the stripes next year, obviously the Tigers need another couple of riders who can increase their average like Rasmus done this season and a couple/few mentioned below could do just that.

Craig Cook 10.18

Ricky Wells 7.05

Broc Nicol 5.16

Sam Jensen 4.34

Drew Kemp 3.58

Connor Bailey 3.11

So....a couple of rumours doing the rounds about Glasgow possibly considering moving up to the Premier League.  Personally, I have never been keen on the idea but I suppose it would depend on the amount of teams there were and whether it would benefit the club from the management’s viewpoint.  Apart from the likes of Fricke, Doyle and Batchelor and to a lesser extent Musielak and Lambert, there’s no one in that league who would make me yearn to be part of it compared to the Championship.  What are people’s thoughts?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

So....a couple of rumours doing the rounds about Glasgow possibly considering moving up to the Premier League.  Personally, I have never been keen on the idea but I suppose it would depend on the amount of teams there were and whether it would benefit the club from the management’s viewpoint.  Apart from the likes of Fricke, Doyle and Batchelor and to a lesser extent Musielak and Lambert, there’s no one in that league who would make me yearn to be part of it compared to the Championship.  What are people’s thoughts?

I| thought the management were pleading for more fans a few weeks ago?!  Also would Thurs/Mons suit the Glasgow faithful?

OR is it the lure of the Eurosport money?

Has to be a business decision for the club, but if they think they can get bigger crowds by having better riders and better opposition it is worth considering.

It would be great for two big city clubs with huge potential support (Glasgow and Sheffield) to join the PL and bring it up to eight teams.

14 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

i dont think its worth the extra out goings to see just a handful of so called elite/premier riders . it could put the club in financial ruins seeing that the club is asking for more fans through the gate . but if it happens , then fair doos .i may even venture up the 74 to take a look ..... 

good luck in whatever they choose to do tho .

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Has to be a business decision for the club, but if they think they can get bigger crowds by having better riders and better opposition it is worth considering.

It would be great for two big city clubs with huge potential support (Glasgow and Sheffield) to join the PL and bring it up to eight teams.

Exactly right but it has to be sustainable. The last thing any club or indeed the Premiership itself wants are 'one season' wonders!!  And thats no disrespect to any team that may be considering it.

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

if it happens ,swindon can  kiss goodbye to rasser ..

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

if it happens ,swindon can  kiss goodbye to rasser ..

That would be a disappointment but a price worth paying to see Glasgow in the PL.

Assuming, of course, that anyone takes notice of assets. Miedzinski, cough.  :)

50 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I say go for it move up :t: :D

Seriously though, Glasgow have the financial backing and facilities, advertising/promotion to move to the top tier . I don't think it would affect the crowds tbh, no disrespect to the riders but Sam Jenson/Anderson never lit up the stage yet according to the info on here crowds were up so you add more top riders to the team can only benefit can it not ? Televised meetings too , could be a very attractive package , more so too for fans like us with no team, think you could see plenty having trips up to watch Glasgow ride against the likes of Doyle, Fricke & co

Now enough of being nice .....I need a lie down :lol: see Bagpuss you've brought out the classy side of me :wink:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

moving up a league ?................so throwing a few more ingredients into the pot .  lets say Craig is nailed onto being @ Glasgow in 2020 . add Rasser ,  Claus @ reserve . then tease Max F away for Manchester ! that would be the bases of a decent team . throw in number 45 and the world is wide open to you . those riders will draw the crowds in and cement Glasgows future ...:D

Unless there is a dramatic return of Top Riders (which I doubt) don’t see any point of moving up,Would admission charges rise,that’s  no- no.IMO

• Like 1

Can't see why we would want to move up no local derbies,  fixed race nights , increased costs,  more negatives than positives as far as i can see.

• Like 3