British Speedway Forum

47 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Can't see why we would want to move up no local derbies,  fixed race nights , increased costs,  more negatives than positives as far as i can see.

We hardly benefit from the current local derbies, no big loss in my opinion! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GlasVegas said:

We hardly benefit from the current local derbies, no big loss in my opinion! 

Fair point the Edinburgh contingent have decreased alarmingly the past 2 to 3 seasons.

28 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Fair point the Edinburgh contingent have decreased alarmingly the past 2 to 3 seasons.

That's only cause we're pumping them on a regular basis 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Gazc said:

The reason for that is due to the infamous letter, nothing to do with being pumped as Paulco says above. I'm delighted that folk are saying the racing has been better this season, but for me and many others the sticking point is the management and nothing else. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stewmac said:

The reason for that is due to the infamous letter, nothing to do with being pumped as Paulco says above. I'm delighted that folk are saying the racing has been better this season, but for me and many others the sticking point is the management and nothing else. 

Seems both promotions have moved on and seem to be working together ,pity some fan's can't do the same.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Seems both promotions have moved on and seem to be working together ,pity some fan's can't do the same.

Think you are correct,have seen members of the Edinburgh Promotion at most of the matches I have attended this season.

35 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think you are correct,have seen members of the Edinburgh Promotion at most of the matches I have attended this season.

Yes that's true , the cold war is certainly over 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Yes that's true , the cold war is certainly over 

Unfortunately not as far as a number of fans are concerned.

1 hour ago, edmon said:

Its each individual's choice . There is no doubt that the infamous letter was crass and unnecessary , but that was four years ago . If some cant put that behind them that's really up to them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paulco said:

Its each individual's choice . There is no doubt that the infamous letter was crass and unnecessary , but that was four years ago . If some cant put that behind them that's really up to them

No bother another letter, one  of apology would sort it out, at least for some. 

• Haha 2

I used to attend Ashfield fairly regualry (about once a month) but since the change of race nights its been a little harder to manage a trip through. Sun afternoons suited whereas midweek and Fri night a no go.  Shamed to say was only there once this year, although rain did ruin a couple plans.   If (and a big if) you go up would be good to see new teams but midweek would affect crowd levels from away fans.  

I know people who still hold a grudge over the famous average fixing night all those years ago. It's amazes me people still use that as an excuse to not support their team against our closest rivals.  

• Like 2

I'm sure that the infamous letter just emphasised that they the owners were not going through to armadale. It did not say on no account should tigers fans go through. And even if it did we've still gone through in our hundreds despite it being a trick track. Can't help thinking some monarchs fans are just trying to use any excuse to justify there absence. Why not just be honest and say we don't want to see our team get gubbed. I obviously exclude from this the decent Edinburgh fans who'll support there team through thick and thin as we did in our poor years

• Like 3

On 10/26/2019 at 11:06 AM, edmon said:

Probably the same Eastern snowflake brigade who still haven't forgiven Glasgow fans for not fully supporting the Scottish Monarchs in 1996! ;)

On 10/25/2019 at 6:45 PM, Gazc said:

I think the Edinburgh home support has also decreased alarmingly over the seasons as well 

Looks like Rasmus won’t be back, take it it’s his choice? certainly done the business last season

Edited by Fromafar