British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, Pinny said:

The facts are he was a 6-7 pointer at best in the championship for many years before this year where he had a breakthrough year. 

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1

Rasser was certainly enjoying himself on Friday evening at the Robins bash, holding aloft the Rider of the Year, Premiership trophy, and Supporters Cup on supporters shoulders. Loves Swindon and the fans. The other riders were p1ssed off with him winning loads of Teng Tools for so many Rider of the Night awards! Big yin Vissing is popular too. Both had good seasons for Glasgow and Swindon.

Was chatting to a Tigers lass that moved to Swindon to get together with a Swindon fan.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:41 PM, HGould said:

So who replaces Rasmus?

Richard Lawson?

Ricky Wells?

Aaron Summers?

Danny King?

Nick Morris?

Spud signed for Berwick again 

2 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Spud signed for Berwick again 

Yeah saw that seems settled at Berwick so was a no brainer , he wasn't in our plans it seems or he maybe wanted to remain at Berwick himself , either way good luck to Spud and Berwick always gave his all for us.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

He made you look exactly what you are MR Geoffrey Thornborrow (surname spelling?) a snivelling little creep who is a troll on here making his mouth go and being brave when you thought no one knew who you were and had to apologise for bad mouthing Keith Denham; and who had to write an apology letter to Steve Whitehead as you were about to get sued for Libel; and who stood outside the turnstiles "crying like a baby" when he was told he would not only be sued but banned out the ground, you had your chance Biffa you bottled it, you had your chance to make a name for yourself Biffa and you "Pished your pants" like a baby eh... "Billy big balls" on a forum where you think you can hide who you are... However when I pulled you coming into DP and you got all "arsey" and I seen how pathetic you were; that's when you got swilled with the bottle of water I was drinking and you had your chance to be a man then... but you bottled it... you only got swilled because you were too pathetic to give a smack in the mouth to; which you more than deserved.

Just because your old man failed as a promoter (worst Workington team ever I believe) you have become a little bitter and twisted... and you thought it was hilarious when you got the unofficial  Comets Fans Forum shut down because of what you were putting out, you are just an out and out "Wowser Piker" a "Brown eyed Mullet" (for our Aussie friend) an odious little stoor hobbit; definitely the "Whitehaven Smeagol"

But hey if you would like the opportunity for a go just give me a time and place on a PM and I will be there or I could always call up to Stamford Hill Lowca, in Whitehaven (full address withheld) if that's easier for you if you don't like doing away meetings I can always call up to see you... However I am in Cumbria every weekend and you can call into Maryport any Friday or Saturday as I can accommodate a clown like you anytime... 

Like I said its okay being a "Tool" when no one knows who you are Geoffrey but you were outed a long time ago... and if you cant back up your mouth you need to be very careful what you are saying

Poor old Jenga always the victim?.... I think not... all of your own making pal... and if I am writing it; believe it; as its how it happened.... Honestly...

Regards 
THJ

Says all you need to know about the buffoon.  A grade A tosser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To get back on topic

The one guy I would consider having back would be forgotten man Paul Starke on a 6.49 average I could see him putting a point on that no problem... although not sure how that would go down with the Glasgow faithful and whether they would want him back but he did have a bad injury which curtailed his season and to be fair he started slow last season (2019) but then started to get his act together only to be crocked when it seemed he was starting to come good...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

To get back on topic

The one guy I would consider having back would be forgotten man Paul Starke on a 6.49 average I could see him putting a point on that no problem... although not sure how that would go down with the Glasgow faithful and whether they would want him back but he did have a bad injury which curtailed his season and to be fair he started slow last season (2019) but then started to get his act together only to be crocked when it seemed he was starting to come good...

Regards
THJ

Very “hit or miss”for me ,Ht 14 wins kept his average up.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

To get back on topic

Regards
THJ

Good middle order rider wouldn't mind if Paul came back but there is always a but he seems one of those riders that seems to be unlucky injuries wise , the past two seasons this has curtailed him and has severely affected us as a team.

He was a big miss when he got injured at the British final  as he was the cog in the engine room of the team with Claus sorely missed his points after that.

• Like 1

Id have Paul back as well. think he struggled a wee bit at home due to his engines but had just hit form when he suffered a really bad injury. From what I could see he is also a good team man. In the end it will be decided by the points limit but if it is 42 or 42.50, Paul to me would be a no brainer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

He made you look exactly what you are MR Geoffrey Thornborrow (surname spelling?) a snivelling little creep who is a troll on here making his mouth go and being brave when you thought no one knew who you were and had to apologise for bad mouthing Keith Denham; and who had to write an apology letter to Steve Whitehead as you were about to get sued for Libel; and who stood outside the turnstiles "crying like a baby" when he was told he would not only be sued but banned out the ground, you had your chance Biffa you bottled it, you had your chance to make a name for yourself Biffa and you "Pished your pants" like a baby eh... "Billy big balls" on a forum where you think you can hide who you are... However when I pulled you coming into DP and you got all "arsey" and I seen how pathetic you were; that's when you got swilled with the bottle of water I was drinking and you had your chance to be a man then... but you bottled it... you only got swilled because you were too pathetic to give a smack in the mouth to; which you more than deserved.

Just because your old man failed as a promoter (worst Workington team ever I believe) you have become a little bitter and twisted... and you thought it was hilarious when you got the unofficial  Comets Fans Forum shut down because of what you were putting out, you are just an out and out "Wowser Piker" a "Brown eyed Mullet" (for our Aussie friend) an odious little stoor hobbit; definitely the "Whitehaven Smeagol"

But hey if you would like the opportunity for a go just give me a time and place on a PM and I will be there or I could always call up to Stamford Hill Lowca, in Whitehaven (full address withheld) if that's easier for you if you don't like doing away meetings I can always call up to see you... However I am in Cumbria every weekend and you can call into Maryport any Friday or Saturday as I can accommodate a clown like you anytime... 

Like I said its okay being a "Tool" when no one knows who you are Geoffrey but you were outed a long time ago... and if you cant back up your mouth you need to be very careful what you are saying

Poor old Jenga always the victim?.... I think not... all of your own making pal... and if I am writing it; believe it; as its how it happened.... Honestly...

Regards 
THJ

Just the one point to argue with you"thj" yes the 1980 comets were poor but we had some great racing with boys against men esp one night against Newcastle and it came at great cost to " eddie" but he kept the sport going and for that we will always be gratefull.

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Very “hit or miss”for me ,Ht 14 wins kept his average up.

And that was why Paul was crucial for the team - heat 14 wins. Sometimes I can't understand some of the 'comments/ criticism' that appears on here. If Paul scored well it tended to mean Claus didn't and vice versa. Claus was criticised mid way thru the season as having his usual dip yet by the end of the season he was incredible and had upped his average which, with due respect, at his age is something to be proud of.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

And that was why Paul was crucial for the team - heat 14 wins. Sometimes I can't understand some of the 'comments/ criticism' that appears on here. If Paul scored well it tended to mean Claus didn't and vice versa. Claus was criticised mid way thru the season as having his usual dip yet by the end of the season he was incredible and had upped his average which, with due respect, at his age is something to be proud of.

It was not a criticism it was only an opinion, and it is about riders that can improve their average in this sport,6.49 is a decent averages is he value on that average.

26 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Just the one point to argue with you"thj" yes the 1980 comets were poor but we had some great racing with boys against men esp one night against Newcastle and it came at great cost to " eddie" but he kept the sport going and for that we will always be gratefull.

Sent you a PM to keep this tripe off here...

• Haha 1

The Tigers could always sign another Dane to bring home the bacon....! :)

Don’t know if starke will be back after speaking to him last season. 

see young Kyle will not be back next season.