British Speedway Forum

54 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Don’t know if starke will be back after speaking to him last season. 

see young Kyle will not be back next season.

Expect Tigers to have another youngster lined up, and be relying on young Bailey to make a big step up as other reserve.Being honest don’t think Bickley made as much progress as he would have expected last season.He is still very young though.He will get another Team no problem

Kyle needs to become more accomplished on the tighter technical tracks and on trickier surfaces to progress IMO. Its all very well being good on slick tracks but so is everyone else. He needs to add more to his skill set. He did nothing wrong at GLA but now needs to find the right track to continue his education. Wish him well.

12 hours ago, MD said:

Kyle needs to become more accomplished on the tighter technical tracks and on trickier surfaces to progress IMO. Its all very well being good on slick tracks but so is everyone else. He needs to add more to his skill set. He did nothing wrong at GLA but now needs to find the right track to continue his education. Wish him well.

Wouldn't disagree with that assessment tbf. Also seemed to rely on his gating a bit too much for my liking, all that said though he exceeded my expectations this season and played a strong part in the season long success. Certainly still on the up and a good future ahead of him.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Don’t know if starke will be back after speaking to him last season. 

see young Kyle will not be back next season.

Wouldn't be a surprise if Paul didn't return with potentially more southern based teams in the fold.

Poole would be a good fit being an ex Pirate would make sense.

17 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Expect Tigers to have another youngster lined up, and be relying on young Bailey to make a big step up as other reserve.Being honest don’t think Bickley made as much progress as he would have expected last season.He is still very young though.He will get another Team no problem

Honestly

He nearly doubled his average in what was only his second season in the Championship; Last year at Worky he settled in and visited all the Championship tracks in a competitive environment at the relevant standard and this year at Glasgow I think he done more than expected of him to be fair

16 hours ago, MD said:

Whilst I don't disagree with much of what you are saying as Newcastle is probably Kyle's least favourite track closely followed by Edinburgh; and as stated above it is only his second season at this level and he is progressing to be fair which can be seen from the increase in his average. Next year I can see him sticking another point to a point and a half on his current average and continuing his apprenticeship. I believe he will be riding as a competent No 2 in someones championship team by the end of the season and if he does fancy learning on a "Trick Track" I would love to see him at Newcastle.

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

He nearly doubled his average in what was only his second season in the Championship; Last year at Worky he settled in and visited all the Championship tracks in a competitive environment at the relevant standard and this year at Glasgow I think he done more than expected of him to be fair

Whilst I don't disagree with much of what you are saying as Newcastle is probably Kyle's least favourite track closely followed by Edinburgh; and as stated above it is only his second season at this level and he is progressing to be fair which can be seen from the increase in his average. Next year I can see him sticking another point to a point and a half on his current average and continuing his apprenticeship. I believe he will be riding as a competent No 2 in someones championship team by the end of the season and if he does fancy learning on a "Trick Track" I would love to see him at Newcastle.

Regards
THJ

Considering he start on a 2.00 at reserve not that difficult ,plus he had a full season at reserve for Workington in 2018.

Sorry but statistically Kyle started on an assessed average of 2 - his actual average for his first season at Workington in 2018 was 1.37. His average over the 2019 season for Glasgow was 4.54. Pretty impressive improvement I'd say.

Edited by Boothers
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Considering he start on a 2.00 at reserve not that difficult ,plus he had a full season at reserve for Workington in 2018.

Yep and if you take that 2.00 as a starting point (rather than the 1.37 Boothers pointed out as the true figure) he still put 1.79 on this 2.00 average which is pretty impressive to me. If all the other Glasgow riders put 1.79 on their combined averages you would have been shouting from the top of every Munro in Scotland after winning all four competitions with a combined team average of over 50.00 from the starting point of 38.00 but they didn't and as history shows Glasgow didn't win anything unfortunately... its harder than you think ask any of the 20+ riders who finished on a lower average than he did... I think the kid has done brilliant this season and will do just as well next...

Regards
THJ

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Yep and if you take that 2.00 as a starting point (rather than the 1.37 Boothers pointed out as the true figure) he still put 1.79 on this 2.00 average which is pretty impressive to me. If all the other Glasgow riders put 1.79 on their combined averages you would have been shouting from the top of every Munro in Scotland after winning all four competitions with a combined team average of over 50.00 from the starting point of 38.00 but they didn't and as history shows Glasgow didn't win anything unfortunately... its harder than you think ask any of the 20+ riders who finished on a lower average than he did... I think the kid has done brilliant this season and will do just as well next...

Regards
THJ

Glasgow couldn’t have been as impressed as you:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Glasgow have done a deal with a young (at heart anyway) Danish rider I hear!  He’ll be a great asset on and off the track! 

14 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Glasgow have done a deal with a young (at heart anyway) Danish rider I hear!  He’ll be a great asset on and off the track! 

Ully?

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Ole Olsen?

Oystercard

54 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Henning Bager.:P

• Haha 1