British Speedway Forum

27 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I would rather build a more solid team around Cook and Vissing.....

Think the average Claus achieved may cost him, better out there on lower averages , Riss and Lawson to name 2.

But credit to Claus he upped his game but it is a numbers game and i can only see his average go one way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dorothy58 said:

I think in reality we will have Cook and a more solid side with Sam and Connor at reserve 

I like this idea as well - a balanced side with both Sam and Connor at reserve. Question though, as Connor holds a British passport and has ridden in the NDL - would he eligible for a reduction (granted we won't know until AGM next week).

Just now, cheggie said:

I like this idea as well - a balanced side with both Sam and Connor at reserve. Question though, as Connor holds a British passport and has ridden in the NDL - would he eligible for a reduction (granted we won't know until AGM next week).

I would hope he would get a reduction , every little bit helps in team building

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Think the average Claus achieved may cost him, better out there on lower averages , Riss and Lawson to name 2.

But credit to Claus he upped his game but it is a numbers game and i can only see his average go one way.

Not that much between the averages though, Gazc. You may be right but personally, I don’t think Claus is finished improving. Could go either way I suppose. I also find Riss still that wee bit inconsistent (Kingish) and Lawson is not quite as sharp as he was when with us. I wouldn’t be disappointed with any of them, though. 

Edited by ragdoll64

12 hours ago, Gazc said:

We will need to be working to a different points limit than everyone else if it is :D.

I am sure the usual suspects from Cumbria way will be on to vent there disgust.

Too late guys :D  73357296_2950962418267122_7204723436206161920_n.thumb.jpg.c261588067d33f4cc37bc72bf2ad299d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That was funny but Pedersen was so shaken by the prospect that he had to come onto the Facebook thread it was posted on and quickly deny it. 

Was obviously horrified at the thought. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fingersfin said:

That was funny but Pedersen was so shaken by the prospect that he had to come onto the Facebook thread it was posted on and quickly deny it. 

Was obviously horrified at the thought. 

He was all for it and then heard Edinburgh were in the same league.

He then started hyperventilating at the thought of riding Armadale.

He then phoned Leon Madsen to ask if it was true that it was a trick track , Leon confirmed it was and this is why he was horrified at the thought.

He then saw the picture in a Monarchs scarf and poor Nicki hasn't been seen since.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2019 at 12:22 PM, DC2 said:

That would be a disappointment but a price worth paying to see Glasgow in the PL.

Assuming, of course, that anyone takes notice of assets. Miedzinski, cough.  :)

Batchelor cough, just for balance you understand.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:25 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

He nearly doubled his average in what was only his second season in the Championship; Last year at Worky he settled in and visited all the Championship tracks in a competitive environment at the relevant standard and this year at Glasgow I think he done more than expected of him to be fair

Whilst I don't disagree with much of what you are saying as Newcastle is probably Kyle's least favourite track closely followed by Edinburgh; and as stated above it is only his second season at this level and he is progressing to be fair which can be seen from the increase in his average. Next year I can see him sticking another point to a point and a half on his current average and continuing his apprenticeship. I believe he will be riding as a competent No 2 in someones championship team by the end of the season and if he does fancy learning on a "Trick Track" I would love to see him at Newcastle.

Regards
THJ

Kyle learnt the tracks at no6 for Workington with no pressure put on him riding with & against better riders. For Glasgow, he rode at no7 & was expected to score some points riders riding against riders of a similar or lesser ability.

If you put 2 x 2pointers at 6 & 7, the no7 WILL score more points.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Kyle learnt the tracks at no6 for Workington with no pressure put on him riding with & against better riders. For Glasgow, he rode at no7 & was expected to score some points riders riding against riders of a similar or lesser ability.

If you put 2 x 2pointers at 6 & 7, the no7 WILL score more points.

Bickley I think has done well on tracks he likes, at tracks he doesn't in CL and especially in NDL his scoring has barely improved.

He really needs a season at an Edinburgh / Newcastle type track to improve his technical riding as no doubt he has speed.

His performances last winter were pretty poor, I hope to see some improvement there in the coming weeks as he has long been rated one of the better prospects of his generation. 

• Like 1

I don't know why Nicki should ask about the Edinburgh Track as he rode for Newcastle in 1998 and one track he visited throughout the season

was the one at Armadale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scampispeedway said:

I don't know why Nicki should ask about the Edinburgh Track as he rode for Newcastle in 1998 and one track he visited throughout the season

was the one at Armadale.

That will be a whoosh then :rofl:

6 hours ago, Gazc said:

He was all for it and then heard Edinburgh were in the same league.

He then started hyperventilating at the thought of riding Armadale.

He then phoned Leon Madsen to ask if it was true that it was a trick track , Leon confirmed it was and this is why he was horrified at the thought.

He then saw the picture in a Monarchs scarf and poor Nicki hasn't been seen since.

Just been round our house talking about joining the Diamonds next year. Got a spare room so that's a given now. :o

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Just be round our house talking about joining the Diamonds next year. Got a spare room so that's a given now. :o

You maybe best get your sailors flag back up in the window Dave ;)

• Haha 1