British Speedway Forum

I guess Ricky's average decrease is symbolic of when a rider: just can't find the elusive set up in the modern day. No doubt he will be on a fair wedge, more fool his future employers.

25 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

I guess Ricky's average decrease is symbolic of when a rider: just can't find the elusive set up in the modern day. No doubt he will be on a fair wedge, more fool his future employers.

Win,win for Ricky no doubt on a fair wedge from his previous employers when trying to find that elusive set-up;)

Edited by Fromafar

Can just imagine the conversation mid season, drop your average, we will sign you next year on big money !! And some silverware to hold, but last bit may be a struggle as we only have spiders in our trophy cabinet :D

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gazc said:

Surely you can't be insinuating he done a Wolbert.

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Was a done deal before the season finished so yes.

Don't disagree worth you but why did Edinburgh let Wells continue in the team and let his average slide. 

35 minutes ago, screm said:

Don't disagree worth you but why did Edinburgh let Wells continue in the team and let his average slide. 

Because in reality nothing was at stake. It’s disappointing that the sport is set up in such a way that having a poor season likely gets you a good move the following year. And no, I don’t have a better solution. 

1 hour ago, pubichair said:

He is a dreadful rider 

Yeah, I think his Edinburgh home scores this year would confirm that............Get a grip!!!.....

13+1  11  13+2  7+1  15+1  10+2  7+4  10+1  10+1  12+1  8+1  13  7+1  14+1  12+1

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Cj69 said:

Shame to see him go he's a steal on that average and he would have always been on my team sheet if the money wasn't flashed thru West :t:

Lol, I assume then that Messrs Masters, Pickering and Worrall are riding for peanuts! That said perhaps it's all been funded in gift vouchers? :party:

1 hour ago, GlasVegas said:

Lol, I assume then that Messrs Masters, Pickering and Worrall are riding for peanuts! That said perhaps it's all been funded in gift vouchers? :party:

The assumption that we flash the cash always rears it's head , this even when they really haven't a clue what the deal is.

I would hazard a guess that paying when they are supposed to be paid is more accurate.

• Like 4

Perhaps Ricky was aggrieved by something during last season and decided it best to move on. New team, new start can work wonders for a rider. Hopefully he exorcises the season of Wolbert, the pay back is long overdue.

22 minutes ago, MD said:

Perhaps Ricky was aggrieved by something during last season and decided it best to move on. New team, new start can work wonders for a rider. Hopefully he exorcises the season of Wolbert, the pay back is long overdue.

Amen to that! 

45 minutes ago, Gazc said:

The assumption that we flash the cash always rears it's head , this even when they really haven't a clue what the deal is.

I would hazard a guess that paying when they are supposed to be paid is more accurate.

I mean you had a 2 point reserve guesting at just over £100 a point one meeting last season. Cause he originally didn’t want to do it. Even then he was on £55 a point. Can only imagine what the rest are on. 

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Haha 1