British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

And there is one of the problems , not one other sport puts restrictions in its model that if you have a good season it makes you less attractive the following season.

Mental.

I agree and it’s sad....but what’s the alternative?  I’ve lived through the unlimited average days...and then the rider control days...and it wasn’t good. 

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Ostergaard is on the decline but Jensen at reserve is a no brainer.

Ully isn’t the rider he was in his prime obviously but I will be very surprised if he doesn’t increase his starting average a fair bit... and some other members of this team will do likewise in my opinion. 

• Like 6

Looking like a good blend of youth and experience. Good mix of riders equally at home on big or small tracks. Strong No1, potentially two strong reserves who should increase their averages, same can be said for Broc, Ully and Ricky who has a knack of dropping his average in his final year at a club :wink:. Could be the team to beat.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Looking like a good blend of youth and experience. Good mix of riders equally at home on big or small tracks. Strong No1, potentially two strong reserves who should increase their averages, same can be said for Broc, Ully and Ricky who has a knack of dropping his average in his final year at a club :wink:. Could be the team to beat.

Either that or it’s a rubbish team with two older riders on their way down and an unconvincing Sam Jensen.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Either that or it’s a rubbish team with two older riders on their way down and an unconvincing Sam Jensen.

Sam is a very talented young rider and having had the tail end of last season will help.

who knows how it will pan out though , you may well be right but there is improvement in all that team in my opinion.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Have you seen Sam Jensen race? He is an out and out racer, never gives up , he has only seen a few tracks over here and susses them out quickly, he will be a very strong reserve

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Have you seen Sam Jensen race? He is an out and out racer, never gives up , he has only seen a few tracks over here and susses them out quickly, he will be a very strong reserve

On what I saw last seasonI think Glasgow will have the best pair of reserves in the Championship this season given the luck you need in this sport.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Fair point. No, I haven’t seen him ride. Your opinion has more foundation than mine.

I’m now wondering if Swindon might sign him too!  :)

14 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Fair point. No, I haven’t seen him ride. Your opinion has more foundation than mine.

I’m now wondering if Swindon might sign him too!  :)

He could turn out the next Rasser, although he will need to learn to gate like Rasser. I will be keeping an eye on Swindon and Kings Lynn  next season again,  hopefully Rasser will keep on improving, he is a joy to watch alongside Cookie, our heats 13 and 15 were awesome to watch last season, Can't see Cookie and Ricky doing the same, but you never know.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The H Man said:

Spot on THJ

I’ve known Ulle for a long time and my company sponsor him.    He’ll be much better prepared physically and equipment wise at the start of this season compared to last.  
Two big spills in 2018 saw him very rusty and not 100% right at the start of last season add in riding at number 1 in a struggling team set him back.  
But look what he was starting to do for Redcar and then did for Newcastle, where he put in consistently good scores around a track that didn’t really suit his style.  
Age is just a number where Ulle is concerned he’s a very fit lad, who takes diet very seriously and a whole season without any major knocks in 2019 sees him really great shape and relishing the opportunity to ride for Glasgow.  
All I’ll say to any doubters is give him the chance and I think you’ll be happy to be proved wrong.  

cheers Paul. 

I agree, on good equipment he is a good rider.

59 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

I was very impressed with him when he rode at Redcar. Will thrive at reserve I think.

Looks a decent side to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Broc Nicol is the trump card 

Agree with this. However, i think this team depends on Wells. If he gets back to his best then you are sorted but if he doesn't cook is missing some serious backup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dorothy58 said:

He could turn out the next Rasser, although he will need to learn to gate like Rasser. I will be keeping an eye on Swindon and Kings Lynn  next season again,  hopefully Rasser will keep on improving, he is a joy to watch alongside Cookie, our heats 13 and 15 were awesome to watch last season, Can't see Cookie and Ricky doing the same, but you never know.

Apart from natural ability Rasser has what all potential top riders need, a big desire to win races ! . I expect to see him develop further this season. I'm sure Rosco will be keeping an eye on young Sam if for no other reason than he is called Jensen !!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mac101 said:

It Will also mean we should always have a strong reserve   

And that is key to success , believe me :t:, maybe finally Glasgow might have built a winning team , a good reserve always swapping places with his team mates , was one of our major contributions to the treble of 2018, a pretty even team and Cook at 1 

• Like 5