British Speedway Forum

18 hours ago, Winditon said:

I agree. I think Ostergaard is a very good signing and I'd be very surprised if he doesn't increase his average by a good bit. Disappointed he's not back at Newcastle but money talks.

tbf, so does having a much better home circuit to race on every week ;)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GlasVegas said:

tbf, so does having a much better home circuit to race on every week ;)

So why did he leave Newcastle then?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

So why did he leave Newcastle then?

You tell me. I'd suspect uncertainty and preference for racing at Glasgow every week are highly likely to have been at least 2 reasons, don't you think?

1 minute ago, GlasVegas said:

You tell me. I'd suspect uncertainty and preference for racing at Glasgow every week are highly likely to have been at least 2 reasons, don't you think?

I'm hinting that Newcastle has the better track... :) Although in reality, Christ knows how Scunthorpe got track of the year and Glasgow didn't... I suspect Rob Godfrey, the overlord of the BSPA, chose the results did he?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dandelion said:

I'm hinting that Newcastle has the better track... :) Although in reality, Christ knows how Scunthorpe got track of the year and Glasgow didn't... I suspect Rob Godfrey, the overlord of the BSPA, chose the results did he?

Ha ha, I knew you were, showing your terrific sense of humour huh! Really glad to hear about the Diamonds improving fortunes in recent weeks, a great club with a, rightly, proud history. In fairness Scunny is a decent track but like you I don't rate it best necessarily. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Have you seen Sam Jensen race? He is an out and out racer, never gives up , he has only seen a few tracks over here and susses them out quickly, he will be a very strong reserve

Sam had not really ridden a track with long straights or grippy starts before he came over here he said nearly every track in Denmark is circular and smooth ,after his first race at Leicester he came in and said he might have to check his teeth incase his fillings had fallen out lol I told him to get used to bumpy tracks over here but he is a racer who  once he gets hang off the starts and tracks I am pretty sure he will work his way up the team 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Promoters dont get a say in Track of the year, its judged on ref's doing their track walks.... having said that, been to a fair few tracks this year at Champ level and not being biased but Scunny has produced some top notch racing this season

Think you will find your wrong on how track of year is awarded.  It use to be ref reports but that was scraped season and half ago

• Like 2

On 12/3/2019 at 4:05 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The only thing that lets Ully down is his gear and part time mechanic...

One thing for sure is Glasgow will make sure his gear is top notch.... they do support there riders...

Real crafty signing this I think and Ully will end up flying at Glasgow and I reckon he will put 2 to 3 points on his current average...

Shrewd move by the tigers and IMHO Ully will prove to be a real surprise package 2020 you watch...

He's still a class act on a bike and well done Glasgow on his capture...

Regards 

THJ 

I wasn't going to comment but fairs fair, you do talk a lot of sense (sometimes) 

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2019 at 7:05 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The only thing that lets Ully down is his gear and part time mechanic...

One thing for sure is Glasgow will make sure his gear is top notch.... they do support there riders...

Real crafty signing this I think and Ully will end up flying at Glasgow and I reckon he will put 2 to 3 points on his current average...

Shrewd move by the tigers and IMHO Ully will prove to be a real surprise package 2020 you watch...

He's still a class act on a bike and well done Glasgow on his capture...

Regards 

THJ 

Sadly, I think it is a misconception, that Ulrich has poor machinery. I believe, it is the engine set up, that he wants, which is the problem. What suits other riders, will not suit Ulrich and vice versa. When Ulrich came to Redcar, some years ago, He changed from Jawas to GMs. The new engines went to Sean Wilson for tuning, Sean did his stuff, but they did not suit Ulrich. After several attempts, Sean had to say that's the best I can do, (no  one was blaming Sean by the way) and I am sure the end product, would have suited most riders. Just not the individual requirements of Ulrich. The engines, then went to Ash - Tech in Poland (that definitely would not come cheap) and I think he was happier with the results. I believe he still has his engines done by Ash - Tech. Ulrich would seem to be a constant work in progress, (machinery wise) and hopefully they get it right. Its not for lack of effort or expenditure. When Ulrichs bikes are going well, he is great entertainment

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Sadly, I think it is a misconception, that Ulrich has poor machinery. I believe, it is the engine set up, that he wants, which is the problem. What suits other riders, will not suit Ulrich and vice versa. When Ulrich came to Redcar, some years ago, He changed from Jawas to GMs. The new engines went to Sean Wilson for tuning, Sean did his stuff, but they did not suit Ulrich. After several attempts, Sean had to say that's the best I can do, (no  one was blaming Sean by the way) and I am sure the end product, would have suited most riders. Just not the individual requirements of Ulrich. The engines, then went to Ash - Tech in Poland (that definitely would not come cheap) and I think he was happier with the results. I believe he still has his engines done by Ash - Tech. Ulrich would seem to be a constant work in progress, (machinery wise) and hopefully they get it right. Its not for lack of effort or expenditure. When Ulrichs bikes are going well, he is great entertainment

Think a lot of riders” overthink  it regarding equipment” and it gets in their heads.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think a lot of riders” overthink  it regarding equipment” and it gets in their heads.

and confidence is one of the biggest traits in a speedway rider - no confidence in equipment will show in rider body language

i am another that thinks Ulrich will thrive at Glasgow, it's a good RACE track which he needs more than many

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, stevehone said:

i am another that thinks Ulrich will thrive at Glasgow, it's a good RACE track which he needs more than many

Totally agree Steve I think 2020 will be a great season for Ulrich

• Like 1