British Speedway Forum

13 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Craig Cook could ride for Glasgow for the next ten years and not win the same number of trophies as he did in blue and gold. I'm sure he's trying his best for you though despite him not being at the peak of his powers.

you could be right, you could be wrong, nice to look forward to being able to find out

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GlasVegas said:

you could be right, you could be wrong, nice to look forward to being able to find out

Jan is a wind up merchant , granted a poor wind up merchant but he does his best.

But deep down he is a nice lad no malice in his posts.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Jan is a wind up merchant , granted a poor wind up merchant but he does his best.

But deep down he is a nice lad no malice in his posts.

nor mine tbf :t:

4 minutes ago, GlasVegas said:

nor mine tbf :t:

No that's why i liked it :t:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Not that I want to see it but if your landlord gets planing perrmisionn for houses it would close, therefore the future is uncertain.

we could say that about most stadiums ,  :rolleyes:

Glasgow included

Edited by yoda
  • Like 1

Fixture lists will be released in next few weeks I believe - will be some really exciting early season action to look forward to with the proposed test match GB Vs Rest of the World (featuring Nicki P maybe?), then we have the GP Qualifier in May (who would you like to see at Glasgow?) and, of course, the now annual slaying of the Monarchs too ;) - bring it on!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GlasVegas said:

Fixture lists will be released in next few weeks I believe - will be some really exciting early season action to look forward to with the proposed test match GB Vs Rest of the World (featuring Nicki P maybe?), then we have the GP Qualifier in May (who would you like to see at Glasgow?) and, of course, the now annual slaying of the Monarchs too ;) - bring it on!

If I was a Monarchs fan I'd be a lot more confident of not being slain this year than in recent years. I think they will come through thinking they could win rather than than just coming through to get a reminder of what fast exciting speedway looks like 

The boys after completing their climb of Ben Lomond this morning

FB_IMG_1583511587890.jpg

• Like 2

With the Scottish Government banning all gatherings and sporting and social events when crowds exceed 500 people for the foreseeable , it looks like our season wont commence on the 11th April after all.

Edinburgh should be fine.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Gazc said:

With the Scottish Government banning all gatherings and sporting and social events when crowds exceed 500 people for the foreseeable , it looks like our season wont commence on the 11th April after all.

Edinburgh should be fine.

Saw something on the news earlier, but I'm sure the reporter said the Scottish government had "advised" to not go ahead if 500+. Even if mandatory, with speedways well-known aversion to making attendance figures known, it will likely be the case that, remarkably, all fixtures will have an attendance figure of 499.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Saw something on the news earlier, but I'm sure the reporter said the Scottish government had "advised" to not go ahead if 500+. Even if mandatory, with speedways well-known aversion to making attendance figures known, it will likely be the case that, remarkably, all fixtures will have an attendance figure of 499.

From Monday all large gatherings above 500 people with the potential to impact the emergency services should be cancelled to prioritise the Covid-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.

The First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has announced the action in Scotland to protect the resilience of the emergency services until the impact of the virus has lessened substantially.

Managing large events safely can require a significant commitment and planning from the Police, Fire and Ambulance Services, as well as others such as the voluntary sector.

At a time when there is severe pressure on emergency and public services as a result of the virus, cancelling such large events will free up vital resources to focus on dealing with the outbreak.

Guidance on how this action will impact events will be produced before Monday. 

The First Minister said:

“Event organisers should take action now to help our emergency services deal with the scale of the challenge we face with coronavirus.

“Our frontline services are doing a fantastic job but they are already under pressure, which will increase as the number of cases in Scotland rises.

“The emergency services are well prepared to deal with this outbreak but mass gatherings, such as large football and rugby matches as well as concerts, can have a significant impact on emergency service resources.

“Removing unnecessary burdens on our frontline workers is the right thing to do so they can prioritise their response to where it is needed most.”

There will be no speedway this side of June season will be shortened.Cardiff possibly be 1st GP as well.

so it looks like the only speedway team that will not be running in 2020 is Glasgow as they get over 500 people a week . while all the rest are able to run !

i was looking forward to the tigers results this season with their new approach to team building as well ... 

looks like we will all get a reduction in price for any sports package by BT , SKY or other platforms as they cant provide the sport you signed up for .