British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, spin king junior said:

From a speedway fans stand point. It the most polished thing we've had. Once again, glasgow have gone above and beyond in terms of their media and marketing.

But from a netural stand point, by god was it boring. Its essentially an hour and half of "look how bloody fantastic Glasgow speedway is!" There was very little focus on the riders and literally other than a brief explanation of the points system there was very little focus on the racing. Just a little Glasgow beat [insert team here]. And literally the only interesting thing that happened (the Eastbourne incident) they cut away from! 

I hate to say it, but it was an absolutely pointless documentary. I dont really know who the documentary is for. It cant be the diehards, as we already know how much Glasgow have pumped into the speedway and how the season unfolded. It can't be the newbies as it has very little focus on the racing and action. It just feels like a 'look how big my d*ck is' hour long special.

The biggest problem is it felt was done by a child with ADHD who'd just downed his last bag of skittles. It was all over the place and just couldn't focus on one subject. 

What it should have been is a focus on what fans care about. The racing, the riders and the drama. Which was touched on briefly, but only very briefly.

Totally agree with this.

23 hours ago, Gazc said:

Really please enlighten me.

In English preferably in order to understand the drivel you spout.

Weej English? i.e. wrong

The piece where George explains how the family and the club have helped him turn his life around, that's probably bigger than any trophy the club could win.

Excellent documentary. For me, had it focused solely on racing and results I would have been bored. It was interesting to see it from supporters' angles. I would like to have seen / heard more, just like everybody else, riders talking about travelling, tactics in the pits, changing room banter, post-meeting discussions, riders preparations, the promotions thoughts on the future, the list could go on, but there's no way you would fit it into an hour and a half.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, topsoil said:

The piece where George explains how the family and the club have helped him turn his life around, that's probably bigger than any trophy the club could win.

The last time I saw George was after Brum v Glasgow meeting back in 2008 when the coach driver refused to let him board his trip back to Glasgow as he'd had too much to drink(he hadn't):rolleyes:He's come a long way since those days!:t:

Thoroughly enjoyable documentary from folk I know very well from years past;)

Edited by bluejam
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Watched it today and found it very enjoyable, with this season looking like it may never start. Maybe it gives other promotors the opportunity totry and do a bit of promotion, now wouldnt that be novel, get some kids involved and start making their own versions for the 2021 season. I was very impressed with Peter Facenna's dignity in defeat at the final hurdle and the fact he thanked all the riders, mechanics, volunteers and fans for their efforts and help over the season

• Like 1

Iwatched the film yesterday and also enjoyed it. Well done to the Facennas for everything they have achieved to date.

Could any Glasgow fans give an estimate as to what attendances have been achieved. The film commented that new fans were attending every week, but the various camera shots didn't give a particularly good indication of 'big crowds' - in fact attendances looked quite sparse at times apart from the very vocal group of 'super fans'!!!

As a complete neutral , the Glasgow promotion is to be praised and maybe used a role model if the sport is going to survive. The film was pitched at the right level for newcomers and potential investors to come into the sport. 

Film made by a young, enthusiastic film-maker who followed Glasgow around for the whole season.

He must have had hours of video and perhaps should have been more ruthless in the editing to reduce the overall length/running time.

I'm also not sure what story he was trying to tell. Seemed to be too many strands for my liking. A bit more focus there would have been useful and also helped reduce the length.

Having said that, a good effort all round by the Tigers who as usual have done a good job.

If I was the Tigers management, I would have a cut-down version made - 5/6mins or so to show potential sponsors. 

20 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Weej English? i.e. wrong

Predictable, out of curiosity do you still go and watch speedway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Predictable, out of curiosity do you still go and watch speedway.

At the moment? You should check the news.

34 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

At the moment? You should check the news.

Smart arse answer as expected but you knew what i meant.

You make Blobby look intelligent.

Just watch the Documentary, can’t really fault it.Very professional and gave an good insight into the sport and a season review of the Tigers.The promotion deserve a lot of praise on their efforts to raise the profile Speedway. 
PS.

• Still can’t figure out how Craig Cook got away without a ban after the Eastbourne fiasco.(must have had Alex Salmonds lawyer IMO):rolleyes:
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Gazc said:

Smart arse answer as expected but you knew what i meant.

You make Blobby look intelligent.

Thanks gaz. Always knew you liked me.

I watched the documentry last night and enjoyed it , good luck to everyone connected to Glasgow speedway for the future .

Very good film, well done. Glasgow deserve credit for what they have done at the stadium and club. Sad bit is it’s astonishing at how much they put in the club and how much they are losing. No a great business! 

• Thanks 1