British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Very good film, well done. Glasgow deserve credit for what they have done at the stadium and club. Sad bit is it’s astonishing at how much they put in the club and how much they are losing. No a great business! 

i thought Glasgow were making a profit .    gates going up  week on week !

Edited by jenga

20 minutes ago, jenga said:

i thought Glasgow were making a profit .    gates going up  week on week !

Thought you would:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Very good film, well done. Glasgow deserve credit for what they have done at the stadium and club. Sad bit is it’s astonishing at how much they put in the club and how much they are losing. No a great business! 

Great film, PR machine credited as being the best in speedway, presentation is the best, all in all - Glasgow is what we should all aspire to.

But ....losing money

Edited by Richard Weston
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Thought you would:rolleyes:

you know what thought did dont you ? shot the bed and blamed the blankets !

Edited by jenga

40 minutes ago, jenga said:

you know what thought did dont you ? shot the bed and blamed the blankets !

The old green eyed monster is starting to show in you.;)

• Like 1

Well I found that to be a great hour and a half’s watch, really enjoyed it. The main thing I got from it was the family’s desire to give something back to the area in which they grew up. I’ve not been since 2009 and what a transformation the stadium and track has undergone, and what a professional outfit the club is. The best bit was the visit to the home of the bloke with the track in his garden :D

Just one criticism, not enough Paulco :wink:

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

Crowds have improved recently(2019) as the track improvements have produced better racing. First time visitors more likely to return if the racings like last year. Still room for improvement with lengthy tractor breaks and presentation but its really dream land for us just now. Very few huge home wins maybe shows how fair the tracks now become too. 

• Like 2

One of the best Speedway videos I have seen. Struck the perfect balance between racing and the human element. Every track should strive to match the way this promotion treats its customers whilst maintaining a professional approach and a desire to win without having the extreme “win at all costs” attitude which pervades too many tracks these days. It was a bit like going back before the “me” culture of the mid 1980’s kicked off the rot which has led to a steady decline in the sport ever since. 

good luck to the Glasgow organisation, they deserve all the success possible. Any locals who see this will surely be tempted to go along to sample what is on offer themselves. And that my friends is what should be the absolute priority of ALL promoters. 

:)

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

I thought the documentary was pretty awful, there is just far too much content around to compare it against to suggest it was close to good or fantastic.

Honestly

You would think that though wouldn't you because you are just an antagonistic A-wipe who should crawl back under your rock...

So now you have had a bite you can "pull the heed of the chicken" and give yourself your cheap thrill... and move on...

A total tool... who talks complete and utter keache...

What people have mainly expressed is how they are impressed with the effort and support to the local community the promotion put in and how they are promoting the club and supporting speedway... genuine positive comments about a genuine club and genuine people...

Best laugh is I bet you haven't watched the documentary you have just made the comment for effect...

Sooner the schools go back the better...

Regards
THJ

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

You would think that though wouldn't you because you are just an antagonistic A-wipe who should crawl back under your rock...

So now you have had a bite you can "pull the heed of the chicken" and give yourself your cheap thrill... and move on...

A total tool... who talks complete and utter keache...

What people have mainly expressed is how they are impressed with the effort and support to the local community the promotion put in and how they are promoting the club and supporting speedway... genuine positive comments about a genuine club and genuine people...

Best laugh is I bet you haven't watched the documentary you have just made the comment for effect...

Sooner the schools go back the better...

Regards
THJ

What a weirdo....and seemingly also a fan of Hitlers, now run along and let people actually talk about the subject one I have watched, you? likely not and are just a lil obsessed with the who rather than the post, troll. 

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

6 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

What a weirdo.... 

Wow what a come back I better get the the Sudocrem out for the burn...

Something I learnt in Cumbria describes you to a tee and it's "Knob-head"...

Just another tool in the tool box... must be a junior hacksaw though eh...

Regards
THJ

Oh an a quick edit because its hard typing with one hand when you are choking the chicken with the other one... don't forget to wipe the splashes off the screen when you are finished... good lad Biffa you know it makes sense... edited after the tool had a second go at a witty retort...

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited after the tool had a second go at a witty retort...

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Wow what a come back I better get the the Sudocrem out for the burn...

Something I learnt in Cumbria describes you to a tee and it's "Knob-head"...

Just another tool in the tool box... must be a junior hacksaw though eh...

Regards
THJ

Or you could just shut the fu ck up and let people actually talk about the subject which seems the better option for you. :t:

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Wessex Wanderer said:

One of the best Speedway videos I have seen. Struck the perfect balance between racing and the human element. Every track should strive to match the way this promotion treats its customers whilst maintaining a professional approach and a desire to win without having the extreme “win at all costs” attitude which pervades too many tracks these days. It was a bit like going back before the “me” culture of the mid 1980’s kicked off the rot which has led to a steady decline in the sport ever since. 

good luck to the Glasgow organisation, they deserve all the success possible. Any locals who see this will surely be tempted to go along to sample what is on offer themselves. And that my friends is what should be the absolute priority of ALL promoters. 

:)

Not all is what meets the eye.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Or you could just shut the fu ck up and let people actually talk about the subject which seems the better option for you. :t:

Okay quick draw what was it about?

Come back in 90 minutes after you have watched it Knob-head... like Eh!!!

Regards
THJ