British Speedway Forum

On 9/26/2020 at 12:04 PM, Gazc said:

Simple solution is if you dont like what i post dont read it.

Thing is marra...............that's not a simple solution because ...I'm sure folk actually do need to read it before then judging quality?...........just saying......

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 5:54 PM, screm said:

Glasgow 2020 becomes Glasgow 2021, hopefully sense will prevail and all teams will remain un-changed

https://www.glasgowtigers.org/tigers-team-up-for-2021/ 

As honourable as this is/was I honestly believe this team will now change for 2021 without a shadow of doubt...

In fact no team will run in 2021 with the side that was originally selected for the 2020 season... in either league...

Regards 

THJ 

i can see broc nicol moving and ullie being even more fragile when racing .  but good luck for 21 .

11 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

As honourable as this is/was I honestly believe this team will now change for 2021 without a shadow of doubt...

In fact no team will run in 2021 with the side that was originally selected for the 2020 season... in either league...

Regards 

THJ 

Eastbourne maybe? Unless Plymouth do come up and Ian Jordon has a slight shuffle with his interest in both teams.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

Eastbourne maybe? Unless Plymouth do come up and Ian Jordon has a slight shuffle with his interest in both teams.

Due to the lack of available riders there will be a cut in the team build points level next year for sure... probably in both leagues but definitely in the Championship.

This will mean every team loses at least one rider from last years selected seven in the resulting reshuffle and depending on how deep the cut is in the point build level it could be more than one change.

Then on Jan 1 because of Brexit all overseas riders will require a tier 2 Visa which will be an extra cost for clubs to cough up which will be an issue for many clubs (maybe not Glasgow) but at around 1500 quid for an initial 3 year Visa it's a other cost for hard up clubs to stump up...

Finally the way Poland are making demands on the riders riding in their leagues it will totally screw the leagues in the UK unfortunately reducing rider availability for selection in UK teams.

Only my humble opinion but we will see how accurate my predictions are in the coming weeks (maybe sooner)

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling, Spell Check and Eyesight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Due to the lack of availanle riders there will be a cut in the team build points level next year for sure... probably in both leagues but definitely in the Championship.

This wìll mean every team loses at least one rider from last years selected seven in the resulting reshuffle and depending on how deep the cut is in the point build level it could be more than one change.

Then on Jan 1 because of Brexit all overseas riders will require a tier 2 Visa which will be an extra cost for clubs to cough up which will be an issue for many clubs (maybe not Glasgow) but at around 1500 quid for an initial 3 year Visa it's a other cost for hard up clubs to stump up...

Finally the way Poland are making demands on the riders riding in their leagues it will totally screw the leagues in the UK unfortunately reducing rider availability for selection in UK teams.

Only my humble opinion but we will see how accurate my predictions are in the coming weeks (maybe sooner)

Regards 

THJ 

If Eastie keep six of this years 7 and the points limit is reduced I'll be relatively happy and think they'll be in a good position for next year, the fact we went for an all British team this year should be a great help for next season either way.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

Read in this weeks star that Connnor Bailey has been the victim of online abuse , the item does not directly say the reason behind this abuse just jealousy probably .

The lad seems to have the maturity to not let it affect him too much.

Brst of luck to him next season .

• Like 1

I have met with Connor a number of times. A talented young rider who was always approachable and a credit to the Sport.

I am appalled that he is getting online abuse.... I do not need to know the details other than those involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Head up Connor.. fight the good fight with all thy might and hope to see you in 2021.

Hope Connor makes a good step up the ladder in 2021

13 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

I have met with Connor a number of times. A talented young rider who was always approachable and a credit to the Sport.

I am appalled that he is getting online abuse.... I do not need to know the details other than those involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Head up Connor.. fight the good fight with all thy might and hope to see you in 2021.

Hope Connor makes a good step up the ladder in 2021

It doesn’t seem to be just Online abuse the way it reads.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 10:04 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Due to the lack of available riders there will be a cut in the team build points level next year for sure... probably in both leagues but definitely in the Championship.

This will mean every team loses at least one rider from last years selected seven in the resulting reshuffle and depending on how deep the cut is in the point build level it could be more than one change.

Regards 

THJ 

How does this affect commonwealth riders. Do Australians not need visas from jan 1st ? 

make sense to bring over some more fresh talent over especially as they stay in the uk all season. 

20 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

How does this affect commonwealth riders. Do Australians not need visas from jan 1st ? 

make sense to bring over some more fresh talent over especially as they stay in the uk all season. 

Commonwealth riders (since we joined the EU) have always needed Visas (and still will when we leave the EU) and these were either a tier 2 or tier 5 visa (these government folk do like their tiers)  the system is being strengthened or realigned and rolled out  to include all non UK citizens, residents or people who don't have a business in the UK with the exception of Irish Citizens... there is a bigger piece on this on the Newcastle 2020 thread...

The bottom line is there will be very little change for Aussies and they will still need a UK sponsor and a Visa to race in the UK.

Regards 

THJ 

• Thanks 1

So reading on and between the lines sort of THJ the way things are or is seem to be panning out.. would you say or could you see the likes of  say for example only the likes of hume Kemp leon Flint etc looking at possibly a 2nd string berth in the championship & the likes of      Danny Phillips josh embleton mason Watson etc  for example looking at a top 5 slot in the national league/trophy & the likes of amature riders with day a 2.5 or 3 point ave to maybe get a chance of a reserve birth/position in the national league/trophy competition which will fetch them riders on

Edited by pienpeesman
Spelling error

To be brutally honest I have no idea... I am not even sure if the promotions know what they are going to do... there appears to be more than one spanner in the works... usually on the run up to Christmas everything is sorted teams wise with one or two slots left to fill and the team make ups are being released to the public as clubs plan for the build up to the new season... but this year for 2021 your guess is as good as mine til we find out the team build points and more importantly what riders are available... one thing I would guess at is teams in our league will have 3 or 4 riders doubling up as I just can't see where all the riders are going to come from...

Interesting times...

Regards 

THJ 

• Thanks 1

Aside from the additional costs of visas for EU riders and the possibility that some of them simply may not wish to ride here in 2021 (for example because travelling may be more exhausting) the big stumbling block is lack of certainty on what the visa rules are going to be post brexit. And I suspect it is pretty low down on the Home Office's list of priorities.