British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

By the way he looked quick today whilst practising.

yes came on said cookies bikes too slow lol

• Haha 3

Just looking at nowak in 4TT action there. Whatever happened to the old school format with the qualifiers? Used to love that, we'd usually have Edinburgh, Berwick and Newcastle. Match held at each of the home tracks, winner over 4 legs went to the final. Was something different really enjoyed it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Just looking at nowak in 4TT action there. Whatever happened to the old school format with the qualifiers? Used to love that, we'd usually have Edinburgh, Berwick and Newcastle. Match held at each of the home tracks, winner over 4 legs went to the final. Was something different really enjoyed it

good days and good crowds for them meetings

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Always great meetings, I remember one year we had Edinburgh Friday, Berwick Saturday, Glasgow and Newcastle Sunday, but I think the 4TT wasn't popular with the southern tracks so it was binned.

1 minute ago, screm said:

Always great meetings, I remember one year we had Edinburgh Friday, Berwick Saturday, Glasgow and Newcastle Sunday, but I think the 4TT wasn't popular with the southern tracks so it was binned.

Yeah exactly it was all done over the course of a weekend could go to all 4 tracks. Was a great weekend. That's a shame, would love to see it reinstated

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah exactly it was all done over the course of a weekend could go to all 4 tracks. Was a great weekend. That's a shame, would love to see it reinstated

i can remember 3 team tournaments as well again produced good crowds 

4 minutes ago, Normski said:

i can remember 3 team tournaments as well again produced good crowds 

Would much rather have had that than the nonsense of premier trophy or whatever reincarnation they call it on the fixture list

Sad news the founder of the stripes, Ian hoskins, passing away. Bit before my time but saw him interviewed several times over the years, always seemed like a showman. RIP